Recruitment YOUR Warriors Team For 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAN

FAN

I wouldn't be moving Kata. At the moment him at centre is working. I don't like changing things that are working on a prayer that they "potentially" might be "slightly" better.

I'm expecting one decent signing (first grader who will instantly improve a position), and then a couple of lesser signings to round out the squad.

I understand what your saying. BUT......
sorry there is always a BUT lol, Kata does not pass the ball, and Tui is a total waist of strike talent on the wing. Surly putting a guy who can run hard score try's, and not pass the ball on the wing, yet bringing the guy who does pass the ball, has a step, has explosive speed and bring him into the center to create wholes, then pass the ball, would be better in the long term?

Don't get me wrong, yes things are working out OK, but IMO they could be so much better with just two players switching roles. Maybe i've got it totally wrong....thoughts?

Sup42

Sup42

Kata"s no look no pass does my head in.

Having said that his defensive reads have been sustained and improving over a long enough sample to give up on the idea of shifting him.

Defensive outside backs are more of a priority on the Warriors edges than any attack consideration....given that our leaky edges have kept us back for years and years and years ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

The partner he is reportedly back together with....the reason he wasn't interested in leaving Sydney and coming here this season.... What does Liam have to do with this?? Apart from being dumped in reserve grade and released early..
Sorry 2 days ago they were still separated but you seem to know, so I'll go with your call. Liam was a link to the warriors that's all maybe the Forans are a jinx no malice, top 6 in sight!!! but if we did snare Foran or Benji I would be a happy man.

kabkram

I don't think that's the case.

I myself am left footed and right handed. And everyone Ive met whos been left footed has also been right handed.
You need to get out more and meet some more people :D

• Haha
InsideBall

InsideBall

Thats two years in a row I've accidentally started this thread. Sorry guys!

Anyway, may as well go whole hog:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Tuimoala Lolohea
6. Ata Hingano
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Isaac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Albert Vete
16. Sam Lisone
17. Manu Vatuvei

Lot of potential there, but I can't say that looks like a premiership heavy weight looking squad. I still feel we are at least one experienced, world class prop away from having a really top tier 17, and as I said before, that left edge still scares me with the lack of height. But, at least the Vetes, Lisones, Fusituas et al will have one more year of experience which hopefully translates into greater consistency.

Reactions: 1 user
MarkW

MarkW

Don't forget, we still have that Ben Henry guy in the squad. He's quite good when not broken.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Lot of potential there, but I can't say that looks like a premiership heavy weight looking squad.
About the only premiership winning thing we are missing is a coach, but he is clearly improving so will be staying.

Lets Gone

Realistically i don't see Manu playing off the bench, it will not happen.
Kata has made the center position his own, so i do not think we could take that off him i was reading on zero tackle that a broncos supporter was suggesting to sign Kata and release Reed, shows the talent that Kata is. I did want Lolohea at 4 but i can't take that jersey off Kata because Manu will always be in the side.

So if Both wings are Fusitua/Manu and centres are Blake/Kata

Where does that leave Lolohea, all pointing to 6. I understand Lolohea has not proved his worth at 6, but i have to say Ata is unproven in first grade aswell albeit has not had a chance yet.

Personally would go with Ata, but in my eyes warriors management are thinking Lolohea is next in the pecking order for that jersey. Can't complain.

Keep in mind Ata is still very young still only 19, would another couple seasons hurt him in the NSW cup, i think it would be good for him, you could see how Brooks and more recently Cleary fared in the NRL at a young age it was really up and down. Injuries will happen and im sure Ata will get his chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

up the guts

I understand what your saying. BUT......
sorry there is always a BUT lol, Kata does not pass the ball, and Tui is a total waist of strike talent on the wing. Surly putting a guy who can run hard score try's, and not pass the ball on the wing, yet bringing the guy who does pass the ball, has a step, has explosive speed and bring him into the center to create wholes, then pass the ball, would be better in the long term?

Don't get me wrong, yes things are working out OK, but IMO they could be so much better with just two players switching roles. Maybe i've got it totally wrong....thoughts?
Mr g ... u have 100% got it spot on, tui is a natural no 4... try assist/ line break stats would be broken .. but on the other side of the coin , I do recall mal maninga didnt do a lot of feeding wingers . Maybe after he run over 2 or 3 players and was stumbling , the winger may have got a sniff of a try ... so thats a tough one to sort , kata does not run around people , he runs over them or through them.

FAN

FAN

Mr g ... u have 100% got it spot on, tui is a natural no 4... try assist/ line break stats would be broken .. but on the other side of the coin , I do recall mal maninga didnt do a lot of feeding wingers . Maybe after he run over 2 or 3 players and was stumbling , the winger may have got a sniff of a try ... so thats a tough one to sort , kata does not run around people , he runs over them or through them.

Just one question, What does Mr g mean ?? Truly I have no idea?

• Haha
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Maninga used to put his winger away all the time , Tony Martin? I think was his winger at canberra in the
good years , But he quite often would draw the winger in an once he was committed he'd pass on the outside
an set his man off, an running,..Awesome player could kick to an captain ,

FreeDigger

My team including resrve back ups
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck/Henare Wells
2. David Fusitua/Matt Allwood
3. Blake Ashyford
4. Tuimoala Lolohea/Charzane Nikoll-Kloksted
5. Solomone Kata/Ken Maumalo
6.Ata Higano
7.Shaun Johnson/Mason Lino
8.Jacob Lillyman/Manu Vatuvei
9.Isaac Luke
10.Albert Vete
11.Ryan Hoffman
12.Ben Matulino/Manu Vatuvei
13.Simon Mannering

14.Jazz Tevaga/Natheniel Roache
15.Tolefoa Sipley/Charlie Gubb/ Bunty Afoa
16.Sam Lisone/James Gavet/Ligi Sao
17.Bodene Thompson/Ben Henry/Shaun Lane

Rest of the squad
Sione Lousi, Jeff Robson, Johnathan Wright, James Bell, Marata Nikoure, Semsi Tyrell, Villiame Kavienga, Ofahiki Ogden, Lewis Soosemea

Off contract Players Warriors Should look at
Tim Browne-Bulldogs
Tauta Moga- Cowboys
Chance Peni- Tigers
Lachlan Burr-Titans
Nelson Afosa Solamona-Storm
Ben Hampton-Storm

Really wanna see Henare Wells given a shot loving the depth we got hope we can add to it by signing a quality centre amd amther backrower and where does everyone think Manu should play imo i think he needs to be in the fowards either out on the edges or rampaging up the middle what you guys rekn

Last edited:
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I like the idea of playing matalino in the back row He's just
really good when he plays there I'd have him paired up
with Brodine an mannerz with Hoffman coming on off
the bench an just running hard at holes ,He's not bad at that
But I would like to see him fresh when everyone else is tired
But yeah mutts second row=good

Pete

Pete

I thought Nelson signed a new contract with Melbourne. He would be a good impact forward.

FreeDigger

Matulino would be damaging coming off the bench hitting the edges. Gives him space more time to run with the ball and also his offloading skills out wide would be an advantage with him playing on the edges. Yeah just thought he was a free agent from a list i seen. lol

Jordan G

He hasn't re-signed yet, although is expected to.

I think everything Storm related is on hold until Cronk's decision which will be on hold until after Origin.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Matulino would be damaging coming off the bench hitting the edges. Gives him space more time to run with the ball and also his offloading skills out wide would be an advantage with him playing on the edges. Yeah just thought he was a free agent from a list i seen. lol
They were playing him wider as a second rower a couple of years back because of injuries to our second rowers at the time I think. He was killin' it.
In an interview around that time he said he preferred prop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.