General YOUR Warriors Team for 2015

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Not to be confused with the Dream Warriors Team For 2015 thread.

This is a more serious thread on your preferred team for 2015 using only current or confirmed signings for next season. So if you dont mind guys, no Steve Matai or Anthony Watmough type selections please. Feel free to select Manu in the forwards type thing.

I'll start with a out there team to get the thought juices flowing...

1. TUIMOALA LOLOHEA
2. GLEN FISIIAHI
3. KONRAD HURRELL
4. NGANI LAUMAPE
5. DAVID FUSITUA
6. SHAUN JOHNSON
7. SAM TOMKINS
8. SAM RAPIRA
9.CHAD TOWNSEND
10. MANU VATUVEI (C)
11. RYAN HOFFMAN
12. BEN MATULINO
13. SIMON MANNERING

14. JACOB LILLYMAN
15. SUAIA MATAGI
16. SIONE LOUSI
17. BEN HENRY

18. JAYSON BUKUYA

Reaction score
InsideBall

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Pretty similar team for me:

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Fusitua
3. Ngani Laumape
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. David Fusitua
6. Sam Tomkins
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Chad Townsend / Thomas Leuluai / Siliva Havili
10. Ben Matulino
11. Simon Mannering
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Sione Lousi

14. Ben Henry
15. Manu Vatuvei
16. Suaia Matagi
17. Sebastine Ikahihifo / Sam Rapira / Sam Lousi

I think we need to have Simon on the edge at this point, along with Hoffman, just because we lack the defensive nous or capability otherwise. A starting pack of Bull, Mutts, Simon, Hoffman and Lousi has some real size about it, and skill - there's no reason why you couldn't give Matulino the license to ball play a little, especially post-line... in fact, that should be encouraged, particularly when we cross into opposition territory. Manu to come off the bench, play reasonable minutes in the middle. As I said in the other thread, I'd love to see if Chad could be converted into a hooker - I think he's got the requisite base skills and ethic for it; could be the solution at 9 we've all been waiting for. Tomkins moves into the halves, with SJ and ST to play as more traditional halves on both sides of the ruck... which in turn will allow Tui to have more freedom at fullback, and could be told for example to focus more on play through the middle of the ruck, than worry about ball playing on the edges. Benry to be mr fix it - there primarily to come on in the back row, but there as cover for hooker and outside backs.

Reaction score

willemse

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Can you please move my post here.

Isn't it 3 30am on a Monday Mt.? What are you doing up? Still thinking about the loss?

Last edited:
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Can you please move my post here.

Isn't it 3 30am on a Monday Mt.? What are you doing up? Still thinking about the lose?
More than just a loss. Its the season. Anyway. Havent discussed the game really or been on the post match thread and dont plan to. Over it and thinking ahead...

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Say NO to Kool Aid!
Reaction score
Pretty similar team for me:

2. David Fusitua
5. David Fusitua
Theres no way Fusitua will be able to defend both sides when he has trouble defending his own right now.

Reaction score
InsideBall

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Theres no way Fusitua will be able to defend both sides when he has trouble defending his own right now.
You underestimate the Fus... the way I see it working, is that he'll slip off tackles so far, he's able to cover both wings at the same time.

My other solution is 5. Fisiiahi

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
1 Tomkins
2 Fish
3 Hurrell
4 Laumape
5 Fusitua
6 Lolohea
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Leuileia
10 Lilliman
11 Hoffman
12 Mannering
13 Lousi

14 Vatuvei
15 Matalino
16 Ikahihifo
17 Benry

The rest can fuck off.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Reaction score
Tomkins
Fish
Hurrell
Laumape
Vatuvei
Townsend ( Lolohea to usurp him at some point if he is good enough )
Johnson
Rapira
Luleuai ( 60 minute hooker )
Lillyman
Mannering
Hoffman
Sione Lousi

Henry ( utility, incl 20 at hooker, 10 or 20 in the back row, injury cover )
Matulino
Matagi
Ikahihifo (sub with lousi)

The friend security blanket needs to be removed, he is below par at every hooking skill except work rate and leading the line, and not missing tackles i guess.
He does work harder than the rest, but billy tupou works hard too, does not a good player make.

Dunno about Manu the prop, 50/50, he is carrying the side from the wing at the moment (not carrying them very far mind you) I fear what would happen if you put him in the middle. But again maybe the need to remove the reliance on him. For the moment we have more nrl ready ( not good, just ready ) forwards than we do wingers.

He would really provide a lift coming off the bench in place of matagi, shit he was good yesterday, he isnt wearing down with age like it seemed he might 2 years ago. Isn't he playing injured as well? Why can't the rest of these pricks match his effort? Whats wrong with them?

If this was the NBA, i'd trade matulino tomorrow, see if the rest of the NRL has caught up to the fact that he just is a mediocre front rower.
But it ain't so just have to cross fingers and hope he is better. Hard to find a place for him in the backrow unless you move sebastine and lousi to prop. could happen.

Next cabs of the rank

Fusitua (back three)
Allwood (centres)
Lolohea (halves)
RFM (edge back row)
Sam Lousi (lock)
Lisone (prop)
Havili (hooker)

I don't much like the look of our depth either, but mateo, bukuya and neilsen aren't worth their wages, so play the young jokers instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I agree with Mt Wellington and InsideBall that Tomkins needs to GTFO and move to the halves. I'm sick of watching him get ragdoll'd trying to make kick returns...he even tackled himself last night, when the force of him putting a fend on someone actually made him fall over. Even my GF who is a casual observer recognised how ineffective his running game was last night. She asked me why he kept falling over, groaned every time he tried to make a run, and then at the end of the game said he was shit and was her least favourite player haha.. I couldn't really disagree with anything she was saying. I really don't think he meets the minimum physical requirements of a fullback..

Speaking of lacking the minimum requirements of a position.. I think turning and accelerating quickly is probably a minimum requirement of playing on the wing. We do need to start transitioning Manu to the forwards. he is already playing as a forward, might as well make it official. He cost us two tries last night with his oil tanker styles.

Speaking of our forwards, they are fucking useless and do nothing.. If i was one of those guys i would be seriously embarrassed that a winger does my job better than me is doing more work than like 5 guys combined. Do they have any pride at all?

Jason Bukuya 1 run 3m (!?!?!?!?)
Matulino 5 runs 40m
Henry 4 runs 27m
Rapira 4 runs 41m
Matagi 5 runs 58m
Mateo 8 runs 66m

Vatuvei 18 runs 250m (yes big break in there)

And penrith
Plum 15 runs 134m
Mckendry 15 runs 137m
Kite 15 runs 136m
Manu 13 runs 113m

And all the rest pitching in..

Last week Manu ran 213m more than double any of our forwards.. what are they doing!??! and why haven't they been shamed in to improving their workrate?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Jordan G

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Fusitua
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. The Chad
10. Rapira
11. Hoffman
12. Vatuvei
13. Mannering

14. Ikahihifo
15. Matulino
16. Henry
17. Lisone/RFM

That's the best I can do at the moment. Don't like my own team for several reasons

1) Way too young. Would be the youngest back line in the comp with Tomkins as the elder statesman.

2) Rapira only there on the basis of having an injury free pre season

3) Henry to spell Chad at hooker for 20 minutes

4) We all know TL/Friend are going to be there somewhere.

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I worry about Laumape and Hurrell in the centres defencively but they both have speed and power

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. (Recruit)
6. Loloheia (if hes the future give him a go)
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Havilli/(Recruit)
10. Vatuvei
11. Hoffman
12. Mannering
13. Ikihihifo

14. (Recruit big prop)
15. Matulino
16. Lousi/Henry (just something missing about these 2, Lousi big but seems to have little impact, Henry a workman but nothing special)
17. (Rookie)

Reaction score

Danpatmac

haven't read others yet so apologies if just adding more of the same…

1. Tomkins
2. Fisiiahi
3. Laumape
4. Hurrell
5. Fusitua
6. Townsend
7. Johnson ©
8. Matulino
9. Havili
10. Lillyman
11. Mannering
12. Hoffman
13. Ikahihifo

14. Lolohea
15. Matagi
16. Sione L.
17. Vatuvei

in Mannering and Hoffman we have 2 80min backrowers so the need for a 4 forward bench is less

Reaction score
motu1

motu1

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Jason Bukuya 1 run 3m (!?!?!?!?)
Matulino 5 runs 40m
Henry 4 runs 27m
Rapira 4 runs 41m
Matagi 5 runs 58m
Mateo 8 runs 66m

Vatuvei 18 runs 250m (yes big break in there)

And penrith
Plum 15 runs 134m
Mckendry 15 runs 137m
Kite 15 runs 136m
Manu 13 runs 113m

And all the rest pitching in..

Last week Manu ran 213m more than double any of our forwards.. what are they doing!??! and why haven't they been shamed in to improving their workrate?
thats so fucked up fucking pussies

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We were slow across the park in 2014...so injecting Fish,Lolohea and Havili with Manu going to the forwards should make this team alot more dangerous and explosive
And im naming Matai and Watmough too make me feel better - Watmough signed for Eels (so Pritchard )
Prop and Wing depth is a concern..some quality signings will be needed

Tomkins
Fisiiahi
Laumape
Matai
Peyroux
Lolohea
Johnson
Lillyman
Havili
Vatuvei
Pritchard
Hoffman
Mannering

Lisone
Matagi
Lousi
Henry

NSW Cup

Abbey
Hukatai
Hurrell
Allwood
Fusitua
Townsend
Leuluai
Rapira
Friend
Vete
Matulino
Ki
Paasi

Kata
Waetford

Released cause there Mud

Mateo
Ikahihifo
Palavi
Nielsen
Gubb
Bukuya
Sam Lousi
Peteru
Bhana
Faitala-Mariner

Last edited:
Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wow this thread is really out there alright.

But here goes

Tomkins
Fish
Hurrell
Laumape
Vatuvei
Lolohea
Johnson
Matulino
Leuluai
Lousi
Hoffman
Mannering
Henry

Ikahihifo/Paasi
Lilyman
Rapira/Vete
Friend

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't fault a lot of what's being said here. Except for mt.wellington mt.wellington having Manu as captain...Manu has been around longer than anyone else but looks like a deer in the headlights a lot of the time, he doesn't really look like a player who is absorbing what's going on around him and adjusting his play accordingly. He tries incredibly hard, which is good...but not a captain for me.

Interesting suggestions with some of those teams. Both Tui and Tomkins in the halves would be worth a go, though I suppose with Tui I'd feel better about it if he was doing well consistently at NSW Cup level there.

Though the real area for concern is our forwards. We've got 2 forwards who are relatively consistent and effective in Lillyman and Mannering. What the fuck are the rest of them doing? None of them ever come near anything that would be considered good meters for forwards. Matagi, Rapira, Mateo, Bukuya are a waste of space IMO. How much cap is wasted in those 4? 1 mill? All so they can run 150m between them each week.

Cappy needs to decide if Ben Matulino is a prop or backrower too...because he started out well when he was moved to the backrow, and since he's been chopped and changed between the positions his performances have fallen off massively. Doubtful that's the only reason but he too has been woeful over the back-end of the season.

Not at all convinced re TL, probably a great guy to have in the squad, good leader etc...but he just does not look like an NRL quality player. Doesn't kick well, doesn't pass well, can't remember the last time he threw any sort of worthwhile cut-out or short ball to set up a try or line-break. His defense is the only real positive I can think of.

I have NFI what the team will be, but my priorities for the pre-season would be:
- Hurrell and Laumape training in the centers all pre-season, with a definite plan to have them both fit and firing come round 1, with specific, simple instructions to both about their roles
- Fusitua on one wing, outside a set centre, all pre-season long.
- Manu to the forwards. Obviously been debated for many a season now, but it's time. Clearly his best attribute is running hard/straight, and he's effective at it. He needs to start training in the forwards, with a view to an impact role off the bench. He is just too poor defensively on the wing.
- Havili training with the first grade squad with a view to actually play him.
- Tui somewhere in the 17, but again...a player with potential that hopefully can fill a few different positions and add in an extra dimension on attack - until he finds his niche.
- I'd like to suggest a fix for the forwards, but I can't see how it'll be achieved. Clearly none of the NSW Cup guys are pushing that hard, and we're Ok with letting guys like Paasi and Papalii go...so I don't know what the solution here is? Hoffman won't be the answer, he's steady, but he'll be Simon Mannering 2.0

Top Bottom