General YOUR Team For 2021

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
With the backline I think Brown's first priority will be solid Defence. RTS, Pompey and Perham have shown solidity there, as has CHT. I haven't seen any major shortcomings with KN either.

That leaves Hiku, Maumalo and Fusitua, unlike most I cannot see Hiku starting because of his defensive record. Fusitua has improved his D over the years and is a major aerial weapon both sides of the ball.

I really understand the value of Ken's metres, but if we have weaponised the pack is that so relevant now. So taking that into account is his Defence at a good enough standard to make the cut. I have no idea of how Ratuva goes on D.

This will get a few going, my starting backline, RTS, Fusitua, Aitken, Perham, Pompey, KN, CHT.

Reactions: BA-AD Luck

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
With the backline I think Brown's first priority will be solid Defence. RTS, Pompey and Perham have shown solidity there, as has CHT. I haven't seen any major shortcomings with KN either.

That leaves Hiku, Maumalo and Fusitua, unlike most I cannot see Hiku starting because of his defensive record. Fusitua has improved his D over the years and is a major aerial weapon both sides of the ball.

I really understand the value of Ken's metres, but if we have weaponised the pack is that so relevant now. So taking that into account is his Defence at a good enough standard to make the cut. I have no idea of how Ratuva goes on D.

This will get a few going, my starting backline, RTS, Fusitua, Aitken, Perham, Pompey, KN, CHT.

No matter how good your pack is you still need strong starts to your sets. Parramatta's pack had been brilliant all year but without Sivo and Ferguson they didn't look the same.

I think it is where people are forgetting how valuable Fusitua can be. Strong on early carries and has the finishing ability.

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
From my memory very few tries were scored outside of the oppositions 22. We need atleast one winger that gives us the ability to score long range tries. I think Nathan Brown will come in without bias and start evaluating everyone from their abilities without favourites. It is obvious however that Aitken has one centre spot sowed up aswell as AFB being the cornerstone of the pack, otherwise this preseason is going to be one of hardwork and impressing the coach.

It's going to be very interesting, with Maumalo and Aitken in the team as both are very active in wotking their team out of the backfield.

R.Tuivasa-scheck
K.Maumalo
E Aitken
P.Hiku
J.Ratuva
K.Nikorima
C.Harris-Tavita
A.Fonua-Blake
W.Egan
J.Taunoa-brown
J.Murchie
E.Katoa
T.Harris

K.Lawton
L.Ah-Mau
B.Murdoch-Masila
J.Tevaga/Evans

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
We will need to hit the season hard for seven rounds.

Like we did in 2018. To have any real chance we need to win most of our early games.

The only time the NRL and therefore the Reffs took the Warriors seriously was when they were in the top two teams during the first quarter of the season.

We made match of the round and played the Dragons under favourable reffing conditions at home.

Otherwise we will continue to have narrow and disappointing crucial losses one after the other off the back of the usual string of Reff apologies.

It is not just us, all the weak teams suffer this imbalance.

I also think as with 2018 we will have to defend better than we ever have before to make it next season.

Browns defensive coach has pretty much the most important role. The rest is straight forward with so many useful forwards.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I also think as with 2018 we will have to defend better than we ever have before to make it next season.

Browns defensive coach has pretty much the most important role. The rest is straight forward with so many useful forwards.

I don't think this thread tightly needs to stay on track compared to the recruitment thread so will post this analysis here on Brown's defensive record as coach.
Note: this took a long time so I didn't double check it

Brown Defensive Record
TeamYearPts agst
St George
2003​
9th
St George
2004​
2nd
St George
2005​
5th
St George
2006​
7th
St George
2007​
8th
St George
2008​
3rd
Giants
2009​
1st
Giants
2010​
2nd
Giants
2011​
4th
Giants
2012​
7th
St Helens
2013​
4th
St Helens
2014​
5th
Knights
2016​
16th
Knights
2017​
16th
Knights
2018​
15th

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I don't think this thread tightly needs to stay on track compared to the recruitment thread so will post this analysis here on Brown's defensive record as coach.

Brown Defensive Record
TeamYearPts agst
St George
2003​
9th
St George
2004​
2nd
St George
2005​
5th
St George
2006​
7th
St George
2007​
8th
St George
2008​
3rd
Giants
2009​
1st
Giants
2010​
2nd
Giants
2011​
4th
Giants
2012​
7th
St Helens
2013​
4th
St Helens
2014​
5th
Knights
2016​
16th
Knights
2017​
16th
Knights
2018​
15th
Lol why the fuck did he take that Knights job...

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013

Brown Defensive Record
TeamYearPts agst
St George
2003​
9th
St George
2004​
2nd
St George
2005​
5th
St George
2006​
7th
St George
2007​
8th
St George
2008​
3rd
Giants
2009​
1st
Giants
2010​
2nd
Giants
2011​
4th
Giants
2012​
7th
St Helens
2013​
4th
St Helens
2014​
5th
Knights
2016​
16th
Knights
2017​
16th
Knights
2018​
15th

I guess you'd also have to look at who his assistants were, especially his defence coaches

Reactions: Off The Bench

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
A need for speed, for evidence watch the Souths backline this weekend

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
I know next to nothing about Rocco Berry (aside from his short Nines stint this year) but have heard some decent wraps.
For anyone with knowledge on him, what chance is he of a start next year or how far off is he?

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
I know next to nothing about Rocco Berry (aside from his short Nines stint this year) but have heard some decent wraps.
For anyone with knowledge on him, what chance is he of a start next year or how far off is he?
All I can add is that Peter O Sullivan said in a recent podcast that he definitely would have got a run in first grade this year but for injury

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Wouldn’t have Evans in my starting team. Massive Plodder
We brought him for a reason
Bunty has been he's not in the first grade anymore .
An Paasi is gone .so our props are
AFB ,AhMau ,JTB ,Evens .
BMM is a second row lock option who plays limited minutes

So sorry about the bad news .
If it's any consolation I got really pissed off when we decided to
Hire Jayden .real salty .

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
All I can add is that Peter O Sullivan said in a recent podcast that he definitely would have got a run in first grade this year but for injury
"Three weeks ago… we had two staff members on each wing," Payten says during the injury crisis.

POS himself almost had to lace up his boots this year we got so desperate 😉

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings