10. JTB
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Tevaga

14. Lawton
15. LAM
16. Evans
17. BMM

Ratuva breathing down fusituas neck, Murch next cab off the rank to shift onto the bench, BMM cover back row and spell Jazz, seems im in the minority but i quite like jazz and what he brings to the table, very nathan brown-esque (parramatta version). JTB i like his mobility but hes the potential weak link in the front row, if anyone thinks evans isnt in the 17 they are in for a shock (rightly or wrongly)
You aren’t in the minority on Jazz, just that those that don’t rate him are very vocal and, as enterthewarrior has just outlined, not necessarily the most insightful contributors to the forum.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Euan Aitken
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Kodi Nikorima
7 Chanel Harris Tavita
8 Addin Fonua- Blake
9 Wayde Egan
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Eliesa Katoa
12 Jack Murchie
13 Tohu Harris

14 Jazz Tevaga
15 Ben Murdoch-Masila
16 Kane Evans
17 Bayley Sironen...
That's the most likely team. JTB will be competing for a bench spot. I'm not sold on Murchie but he's not bad either. I'd keep Tohu at second row and put BMM at lock. That said, the bench you have is beast mode. Well-balanced and guaranteed for impact, so I'd be loathed to break that up. So on balance, I think you've got it dead right. It's up to JTB and Afoa to put pressure on. Berry, Perham, Turner, Montoya will be camping at the bit for an opportunity. You wouldn't want to get injured next year. Somebody will take your spot.

CHURCUZ

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 18, 2017
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Euan Aitken
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Addin Fanua-Blake
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Eliesa Katoa
12. Jack Murchie
13. Tohu Harris
14. Bayley Sironen
15. Kane Evans
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Jazz Tevaga / Karl Lawton

Bayley for Jack, Ben & Kane for Addin & Leeson. Jazz to add spark through the middle (or to cover Wade) as the game wears on, just hope Wade becomes an 80min Hooker cause Jazz at 9... No thanks... or chuck Karl back in.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Euan Aitken
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Addin Fanua-Blake
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Eliesa Katoa
12. Jack Murchie
13. Tohu Harris
14. Bayley Sironen
15. Kane Evans
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila

Bayley for Jack, Ben & Kane for Addin & Leeson. Jazz to add spark through the middle (or to cover Wade) as the game wears on, just hope Wade becomes an 80min Hooker cause Jazz at 9... No thanks... or chuck Karl back in.
My only change would be at 17. Paul Turner.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Euan Aitken
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Addin Fanua-Blake
9. Wade Egan
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Eliesa Katoa
12. Jack Murchie
13. Tohu Harris
14. Bayley Sironen
15. Kane Evans
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila

Yeah nice team.

Reactions: CHURCUZ

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
So many options with the pack...

I think the simplest is:

1. RTS
2. Fusitua (right)
3. Hiku (right)
4. Aiken (left)
5. Ken M (left)
6. Kodi (playing mainly right)
7. CHT
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. LAM
11. Katoa (right)
12. Tohu (left)
13. Jazz

14. Lawton (Hooker / injury cover)
15. Evans
16. JTB
17. BMM

BMM, JTB and Evans come on after 25/30 mins to spell Jazz, LAM and AFB, and those three rotate back on at 55/60 mins. BMM adds some punch from 13 when our two best props are off. Tohu and Katoa play 80 minutes on the edge. That leaves another 2 interchanges; one to spell Egan (if needed) and one for injury.

Kodi and Hiku offer ball playing on the right; Tohu and CHT on the left with RTS floating both sides (but probably better used on the left).

If you wanted Murchie in the rotation then:
- JTB would drop off the bench for Murchie
- Murchie would come on at say 30 minutes, Tohu would shift to 13, Jazz would come off
- Jazz would come on for Tohu at say 60 mins (or vice versa)

Not entirely comfortable with either rotation..

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
So many options with the pack...

I think the simplest is:

1. RTS
2. Fusitua (right)
3. Hiku (right)
4. Aiken (left)
5. Ken M (left)
6. Kodi (playing mainly right)
7. CHT
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. LAM
11. Katoa (right)
12. Tohu (left)
13. Jazz

14. Lawton (Hooker / injury cover)
15. Evans
16. JTB
17. BMM

BMM, JTB and Evans come on after 25/30 mins to spell Jazz, LAM and AFB, and those three rotate back on at 55/60 mins. BMM adds some punch from 13 when our two best props are off. Tohu and Katoa play 80 minutes on the edge. That leaves another 2 interchanges; one to spell Egan (if needed) and one for injury.

Kodi and Hiku offer ball playing on the right; Tohu and CHT on the left with RTS floating both sides (but probably better used on the left).

If you wanted Murchie in the rotation then:
- JTB would drop off the bench for Murchie
- Murchie would come on at say 30 minutes, Tohu would shift to 13, Jazz would come off
- Jazz would come on for Tohu at say 60 mins (or vice versa)

Not entirely comfortable with either rotation..
Like Hiku on the right with Fusitua, think Fusitua benefits from Hiku to set him up moreso than Maumalo. Only thing I’m not sure about is all the power on the left side and the weaker defensive side on the right

Reactions: Off The Bench

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Like Hiku on the right with Fusitua, think Fusitua benefits from Hiku to set him up moreso than Maumalo. Only thing I’m not sure about is all the power on the left side and the weaker defensive side on the right
Yeah agree with the Katoa-Niko-Hiku defensive combination. The thing is Niko and Katoa combine so well that you want to keep them together. You could pair them with Aitken but I'm not sold on him as a great defender either based on what my Dragons fan mates tell me. I think if Hiku can’t make his tackles well enough he just needs to be dropped.

Reactions: matiunz

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Auckland
Im going with something a little different on the bench.

1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Aitken
4. Hiku
5. Maumalo
6. K. Nikorima
7. CHT
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Ah Mau
11. Katoa
12. Murchie
13. Harris

14. J. Nikorima (hooker/spark off the bench)
15. BMM
16. Evans
17. Tevaga
18. Sironen

Looking for a bit of fresh spark off the bench with some added aggression with limited minutes. I hope J. Nikorima can come in and do a good job off the bench to cover 20 mins while Egan gets a rest. If j.Nik isnt selected then Lawton off the bench is fine for me. Just don't think Egan can provide the quality/Defense over 80 mins. I do like Egans distribution though. If i was confident on Egan doing 80 then i would slot Sironen in there. And yes i like Tevaga. I would only expect 20 mins of pure aggression and effort from him. Wouldn't have him on for too long with the penalty risks

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
At this point I can’t pick him ahead of our other backrowers, and I think Lawton is a better option to spell Egan (who so far hasn’t been able to play for 80 mins)
Isn't this a great problem to have, we have options and provided team is picked on merit some obvious depth.
Brown may, injuries aside to rotate some players. I don't have a problem if named player drop form they are replaced, or rested.

Reactions: 6Again

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Something Egan needs to prove next season is that he’s an 80 minute hooker. With so many players pushing for the 17 Brown should be looking to maximize his interchange bench as much as possible.

In an ideal world you shouldn’t have both Jazz and Lawton in the same 17 but Jazz should be in there somewhere.

I think CHURCUZ has it pretty well covered.

I’m in favor of Tohu playing a role on the left edge, that is if Hiku plays right which is most likely .... though I do wonder about Hiku - only a one year extension with Fusitua starting at Center last season and Aitken coming in???

Just putting it out there but I wouldn’t be shocked in the least to see some movement in that right side Center/Wing combination.

Reactions: AlexM and Fonzie

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I can't agree with posters considering leaving Hiku out.
Sure he has some defensive lapses where he gets brushed off but he is an elite level attacker and makes those around him better.
The Hiku greatness far outweighs the bad.
He is our most dangerous player.

I generally agree with you, however, I can't agree with the good out weighs the bad thing. Defence is not a solo thing, it is a structure, if anybody fails then the whole structure fails.

This is a bit simplistic, but if you have a poor defender you need to score twice to win, with a good defender you need to score once.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
I generally agree with you, however, I can't agree with the good out weighs the bad thing. Defence is not a solo thing, it is a structure, if anybody fails then the whole structure fails.

This is a bit simplistic, but if you have a poor defender you need to score twice to win, with a good defender you need to score once.
Last season his try causes were right up there. Most fans aren't aware of this stat but the Warriors conceded 84 tries last season, Hiku racked up 22 try causes alone. Over a quarter for one player is a major headache for any club, hence the single year extension.

I'm almost certain the club's looking to go another way at some stage this season if things don't improve in that area.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings