Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

Down to 4.

Could be well wrong in my summation of the semi finals, but here goes.

India v NZ. Indian fans would have preferred anyone else other than us! Kane back in this game for us (missed the round robin) we have to play Kyle Jamieson at the expense of Mark Chapman given Kyle's ability to take Virat Kohlis wicket. The 2 Micthell's to shine in Darryl and Santner + Capt Tom ...Bring us home boys.

SA V Aus. Saffa fans would have preferred anyone else other than Australia! Australia to win, yet again in a WC semi.

NZ V Aus Final for me.

Last edited:
Down to 4.

India v NZ. Indian fans would have preferred anyone else other than us! Kane back in this game for us (missed the round robin) we have to play Kyle Jamieson at the expense of Mark Chapman given Kyle's ability to take Virat Kohlis wicket. The 2 Micthell's to shine in Darryl and Santner + Capt Tom ...Bring us home boys.

SA V Aus. Saffa fans would have preferred anyone else other than Australia! Australia to win, yet again in a WC semi.

NZ V Aus Final for me.
At home it’s indias to loose

There’s a path to victory for Nz that involves batting first and putting a big score up followed by early wickets with the ball.

India will be under pressure, they haven’t won anything for a while and public expectations are high at home. India should win but we are a chance.

Everybody else has stumbled, but India haven't had their off night yet. That is our only hope, because they are incredible 1 to 11 at the moment. Even with an off night they still might have the fire power.

I'm intrigued to see what kind of pitch we are dished up. My guess is one that will aid Jadeja, because that is where I think they will see the biggest point of difference between the sides at their best.

Down to 4.

NZ V Aus Final for me.

KJ hasn't been great in white ball cricket for some time but I like the idea of picking him for his bounce - just be prepared for him to be targeted...

If we did pick him, it wouldn't be for Chapman. Chapman and Neesham are the late innings batting power - an important role and one of them will likely play

I think it is between KJ & Ferguson.

Ferguson doesn't move the ball and India aren't troubled by pace.

1. Conway
2. Ravindra
3. Williamson
4. Mitchell
5. Latham
6. Phillips
7. Neesham
8. Santner
9 Jamieson
10. Southee
11. Boult

Mumbai is a small ground and I'm not sure the toss matters too much.

The key for us will be top order wickets. I don't see any path to victory without having them 60/3

Everybody else has stumbled, but India haven't had their off night yet. That is our only hope, because they are incredible 1 to 11 at the moment. Even with an off night they still might have the fire power.

I'm intrigued to see what kind of pitch we are dished up. My guess is one that will aid Jadeja, because that is where I think they will see the biggest point of difference between the sides at their best.

I'm hoping we can employ a similar strategy from the first game where we were able to seriously target Kuldeep which meant we could sit on Jadeja.

Hoping for Kane to make the difference and put out a big team score, if the host makes the pitch slow it might backfire by waking up Latham

If Boult swings the ball at night and picks up early wickets India could be shot, memory of 4 years ago and they just don’t cope well when losing as a team in major knock outs for some reason

Our batting is bolstered by Kane returning and competition between Neesham and Chapman, really hope Neesham gets a go as Chapman hasn’t done jack all tournament except against a weak team throwing full tosses at him. It was good Philips got that hit out against SA. 2023 side probably outplays 2019 batting with the disaster pairing of Guppu/Munro at the top

Our bowling still looks collectively worse than 2019 especially losing Henry, Santa the only big improver, Boult, Lockie are just worse….maybe Philips ends up being a key bowler through the middle, he wasn’t used much against India in the round robin match

Maybe we bowl Santa first up, give Sharma a WTF start lol, he’s taking seamers apart early might be worth a try

It's terribly unfair for them to mention Will Young. He was scoring a weight of runs in first class cricket before ending up with a long term injury. When he was finally to make his eagerly anticipated test debut at the end of the 2018-19 summer he missed out as the Cristchurch test was (rightly) cancelled, he then missed out during the 2019-20 summer and didn't make his debut until December 2020. Nearly a 2 year wait.

Was speaking to an indian colleague of mine and he said that India doesnt like playing against NZ at world cups as NZ has a decent record against them. Is that true?

Hopefully we smash them on their home ground. Lil worried about our bowling efforts so far though.

Was speaking to an indian colleague of mine and he said that India doesnt like playing against NZ at world cups as NZ has a decent record against them. Is that true?

Hopefully we smash them on their home ground. Lil worried about our bowling efforts so far though.
Our big issue atm is a lack of a dependable 5th bowler. CDG and Neesham were perfect in this role.

5-4 to the black caps against India in world cups, and overall in ODIs is 59-50 to India. I think it might be a bit of recency bias, especially taking into account the 2019 semifinal.

yes it's true, an almost bogey team...

Considering the Seth Effricans might get into the final by default, what with a cyclone expected to make serious wet tomorrow and Friday, will the game off be good or bad for them?

I was watching "The Back Page" last night and I know it's largely for shit and giggles, but geeze Aussies are biased. Warbling on about "dropped the World Cup" etc etc in regard to South Africa.

My brother and his wife went to Australia a couple of month back. Went to Melbourne, decided to go to an AFL game, Collingwood against some other team. Collingwood player made a mistake, apparantly he got serious abuse from his own team's fans. Tough crowd to please.

Considering the Seth Effricans might get into the final by default, what with a cyclone expected to make serious wet tomorrow and Friday, will the game off be good or bad for them?

I was watching "The Back Page" last night and I know it's largely for shit and giggles, but geeze Aussies are biased. Warbling on about "dropped the World Cup" etc etc in regard to South Africa.

My brother and his wife went to Australia a couple of month back. Went to Melbourne, decided to go to an AFL game, Collingwood against some other team. Collingwood player made a mistake, apparantly he got serious abuse from his own team's fans. Tough crowd to please.
I watched that show also - my major take away was "sheesh Brad Hadin really is a twat"

Back