General Your Nerdiest Gadget/toy?

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
whats your guys nerdiest gadget/toy?

mine would have to be a custom table top arcade machine i recently purchased. running a pc thats hidden underneath the screen, over 2000 roms. great for when the boys when come around as theres something for everyone.

oh and yes that is a keyboard port you might be able to see and the ball is a trackpad...and it is connected to the net and also acts as a jukebox ;)

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

krs_64

Waterboy
May 7, 2012
Oh wow WWF Wrestlefest, Final fight, Golden axe ?? Good ol child hood favs.

Reactions: Sirpartyman

esoj

U20's Player
Apr 14, 2012
yeah giving us stick over diablo 3.

I think might still have this somewhere but I think it's defintely the nerdiest thing I've ever owned. it even got used as the main cd music player in our house for many years after it was useful for general computing stuff.

https://www.amigahistory.co.uk/cdtv.html

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
yeah giving us stick over diablo 3.

I think might still have this somewhere but I think it's defintely the nerdiest thing I've ever owned. it even got used as the main cd music player in our house for many years after it was useful for general computing stuff.

https://www.amigahistory.co.uk/cdtv.html
haha i had an amstrad something. bought around 89 for over 2k!! within a year it was down to 500 or something.

btw an arcade machine is nowhere near nerdy as diablo!!! plus ive prob spent less than an hour playing it by myself, usually only play when others around.

Sirpartyman

Waterboy
May 7, 2012
MEAN AS! Loved that wrestling game! Have Street fighter 2 on my iPad & iPhone but it's not the same:( no super throw,freeze or stance..

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I always wanted one of them, it was horrible playing in the bus on the way home - gravel roads with a myriad of pot holes - we tried to play on the seats but the cards flew all over the show. We had to improvise with a few bits of a wood nailed together with a belt. Definitely not as good.

krs_64

Waterboy
May 7, 2012
Oh yea, I always wanted one too, I think I've still got my deck in the draw lol.

I've gotta limited edition Optimus Prime, that I'd assume would be worth quite a bit right now

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Most geeky thing I have is a laser tape measurer - great for measuring the insides of buildings

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Most geeky thing I have is a laser tape measurer - great for measuring the insides of buildings
haha thats quite cool. is it accurate? i love me some gadgets.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
haha thats quite cool. is it accurate? i love me some gadgets.
It's accurate to 10mm over 30m. I went to the local Stanley importers who said I'd need to get it through Bunnings who quoted over $1300 instead I got I from Amazon in the US for less than $300, cheaper than a lot of the less accurate ones for sale here.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings