General 2023 - Can we win it this year ?

I reckon we gonna struggle adjusting to the speed of finals footy .. it’s another level up… good experience though

In our first game maybe. Not in the second.

We have that extra gear, we have shown it all season every time we are pushed. we went up a gear to win so many tight contests.

In our second game we will pull out that gear and beat whomever we face.

After that game on.

I suspect you are forecasting off a trial fitness run we threw away before kick off tonight

Time to kill. Not just match the Panthers. But to believe in what got the team this far. We can beat them. Of course we can. Just when will my 11 try prediction come to pass?

Heck, win by 1 if we must. But what a win it will be if we get it in week 1. There are huge things to get ready but 27 rounds have been good to get them ready to lift.

We need to rename this thread, "Will we ever win a grand final" 🤣
It is not even a joke eh.

One chance (one in sixteen) is horrible odds when you are talking about a very close competition.

Fans keep dreaming that by some magic their team, their club could be transformed into a Storm like team....and here is the thing....there is only one or two chances in sixteen that it happens for any club....the transformation I mean....

Last edited:
It is not even a joke eh.

One chance in in sixteen is horrible odds when you are talking about a very close competition.

Fans keep dreaming that by some magic their team, their club could be transformed into a Storm like team....and here is the thing....there is only one or two chances in sixteen that it happens for any club....the transformation I mean....
Same thing every off-season. A lot of clubs will believe they will improve. Either due to recruitment, coaching changes, better luck with injury etc.

We are in a good position this year. A lot has occurred to get us into the top 4.

Even if we are better next year with RTS and CHT arriving. We may not go better next year due to injuries or other clubs improving. Clubs that didn't make the 8 this year or who made the 8 but typically are top 4 will be doing things over the off-season to improve.

Yes, making the finals is a good experience to build off. But this year we found ourselves in a unique position a month of good football could have created something special. It would have been tough but it we have a good platform to challenge. This my main reason why Johnson's injury is a blow. Dude would have been motivated to perform on the big stage in a Warriors jersey.

No.

However, My heart says we possibly could, we do have (SJ injury dependant) an X factor which historically has been important, an elite prop, crafty hooker, belief, a great coach, a true leader in Tohu and lastly a quality fullback that seems to bring all the parts together in defence and attack.

What i do know is we will not die wondering and there is a shit load of support for us.

Aussie media all seam to think the knights will beat us at home next week?? Even with SJ!!

I haven’t been watching their games. I know they are on a streak but not much better than ours was. Are they actually going that well?

Aussie media all seam to think the knights will beat us at home next week?? Even with SJ!!

I haven’t been watching their games. I know they are on a streak but not much better than ours was. Are they actually going that well?
Fuck the aussie media! The Knights will not beat us. Our sell out home crowd will make sure of that. Fuck the Knights too.

Back