General YOUR 2023 WARRIORS TEAM

sounds like the perfect 13....🤔

Looks like the Warriors are similar to my work place in that, if you do your job quite well you get to do other's jobs too 😏

Everyone agrees that Tohu Harris isn't a prop, but due to work requirements hell probably end up there at some point nek year.

I think the more time we can have Addin Fonua-Blake, Curran, Tohu Harris, Niukore and Barnett on the field at the same gives us our best opportunity to win games, so we'll make it work I reckon

I don’t mean this as a competetive retort of even as banter
Genuine question
What happened to the knights in 2022
Edges were Frizell and Barnett with stellar props in front of them
Very solid forward pack with good go forward but little flair and a bit thin for quality depth. Clifford has decent moments but he hasn’t risen to a controlling half yet, Clune tries hard but is reserve grade, Milford hot and cold. Ponga injured a lot and there is too much reliance on him to produce miracle plays. Bradman Best has too high expectations to live up to yet us a bloody good player. Most of the rest of the backs journeymen. Coach O’Brien might be an incarnation of Kearney and Barrett. Just stick to picking up the boys for training, put the cones out and get the coach his water when he’s thirsty.

Thanks men of the forum for those explanations

Question for anyone with some time on their hands

Rank these in terms of influence over the game result

A halves
B fullback
C hooker
D edge forwards
E lock
F props
G centres
H wings

OffenceDefenceOverall
HalvesMiddlesHalves
FullbackEdgesMiddles
MiddlesFullbacksFullback
HookerHookersHooker
EdgesCentresEdges
CentresHalvesCentres
WingsWingsWings
*I have cheated by not including locks

OffenceDefenceOverall
1 Halves1 MiddlesHalves
2 Fullback2 EdgesMiddles
3 Middles3 FullbacksFullback
4 Hooker4 HookersHooker
5 Edges5 CentresEdges
6 Centres6 HalvesCentres
7 Wings7 WingsWings
*I have cheated by not including locks
Editing and totalling the defence/ offence scores, your overall ranking should be:

4 middles
5 fullback
7 edges
7 halves
8 hooker
11 centres
14 wings

Interesting topic to analyse this

Not long to go before our pre-season and the chess pieces are moving.
Aaron Pene moving on is mutually adventurous, Webster is backing himself with a couple of fringe players rocks to diamonds.
Not a lot spoken about Berry, but another preseason could be the making of him and a couple more kilos. He doesn't seem to be in anyone's preferred team for next year, remember Gus had big wraps on him.

Curren hopefully kicks on next year as he tapered off this year.

Pre-season must be about defense and holding your line and not letting the team down, a hunger to succeed.

We are definitely not a team of champions or a champion team but providing we have a never say die mentality we can be competitive and hopefully we have more constructive support staff coming we can
fight in the trenches. I don't think we have flair so engaging in an arm wrestle is the likely scenario.

I hope Webster has the kohones to just name the two halves that perform the best during the preseason.

It seems like an simple/obvious thing but I can already see it being another preseason where it is “Johnson is 7, and it is a matter of who will pair him”.
You would think so, he has gotta grow a new team. I would say anything above 10th or 11th place while developing young players in key positions is a huge success. I like the idea of Johnson but I would also be happy if he left so we could start blooding the team.

The drums are beginning to beat for Shaun retirement
I think we give him this season and It clear from the outset that it is his last.
Should lead to him emptying the tank each game.
I think he still has 2023 to give based on how well he played at mt smart. He seemed home sick in Aussie.

That said there were two particular plays thus year he did that were remarkably egregious.
Game two I think 1st tackle of a seven tackle set he kicks for his wing. Our wing doesn’t get close to it and we turn it over on the 1st tackle
Around game ten he did something similar

There are low percentage plays but those plays were off the scale for stupidity.

I hope Webster has the kohones to just name the two halves that perform the best during the preseason.

It seems like an simple/obvious thing but I can already see it being another preseason where it is “Johnson is 7, and it is a matter of who will pair him”.
He did mention players will be playing for their spots but I guess so do a lot of coaches without making any changes. Honestly excited for next season to see what he can do with this team though. Think we've made some decent upgrades and will hopefully see more consistency.

Reactions: Worried2Death
That’s a good forward pack.
I’ve got niukore at center just to plug a hole but u got me thinking…
01. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Villiame Vailea
04. Marcelo Montoya
05. Edward Kosi
06. Te Maire Martin
07. Shaun Johnson

08. Addin Fonua Blake
09. Wayde Egan
10. Marata Niukore
11. Josh Curran
12. Mitchell Barnett
13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker
15. Josh Kerr
16. Spencer Leniu*
17. Luke Metcalf
Yeah I have thought of Niukore to play there and big minutes hopefully too. Leave Harris to ball play. I would look at Walker starting at centre. If we didn't have so many halves - I would have looked at Walker as an option at 6 rather than playing a teenager. Depending on the opposition - we can have Lussick or another forward in Jazz or Ford. The team is in dire need of leaders and experience... players that know how to win consistently and have fight.

I am an optimistic Warriors supporter and I was sooo excited for 2022 but I was delusional thinking a backline with 3 inexperienced 19 year olds, a rotational spine (through injury & form / ability) - could be a top 8 side. Add the other ingredients of of best performing player having a spat with the owner and leaving, our coaches all underwhelming - and playing away from our home without extended family & friends around, a real sense of belonging and playing for your 'home'.... we had too many reasons and excuses to be successful.

I am amped for next season already....in hope that Webster is a hard task master...honest and up front with his playing group....will cut the dead wood quickly - whether that is his assistants, backroom staff or the players. Take a leaf out of the Cowboys playbook and work ethic and defense being the building blocks of their success. Attack can come from that! Love the Warriors...win or lose....you are my team!!

Charnze looked good at fullback for the kiwis, finishing the game with 2 tries, 2 Assists
If he can get that form he had at the raiders he’ll be a reasonably cheap fullback for us as he was for them. Definitely think Vailea and likely Berry are going to factor in our future but not yet. Really not sure on our backline or bench for next year. I like Niukore second row and maybe Walker plugs a centre spot until one of those guys becomes too hard to leave out. There’s merit in all Tevaga, Walker, Metcalf, Lussick, and Barnett as all bench roles with positions they cover but can’t use them all. Still more signings to come I expect, perhaps even releases too.

If he can get that form he had at the raiders he’ll be a reasonably cheap fullback for us as he was for them. Definitely think Vailea and likely Berry are going to factor in our future but not yet. Really not sure on our backline or bench for next year. I like Niukore second row and maybe Walker plugs a centre spot until one of those guys becomes too hard to leave out. There’s merit in all Tevaga, Walker, Metcalf, Lussick, and Barnett as all bench roles with positions they cover but can’t use them all. Still more signings to come I expect, perhaps even releases too.
Yes more signings and or releases to come
The nrl pundits are already making their 2023 ladder predictions
We are expected to finish 16th
We will be better than this year but all the other teams are getting better too

Reactions: Defence
Yes more signings and or releases to come
The nrl pundits are already making their 2023 ladder predictions
We are expected to finish 16th
We will be better than this year but all the other teams are getting better too
Going to be an interesting year next year I reckon, a fair bit of change up in the rosters of some clubs, Eels losing some of their power back rowers, Storm losing a decent bunch to Dolphins, Panthers squad a few players have been poached from too, I reckon Warriors could go either way next year, depends what attitude they turn up with, I just hope we don't lose to the Dolphins!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-234919.png
    Screenshot_20221012-234919.png
    716.6 KB · Views: 62