General YOUR 2023 WARRIORS TEAM

bruce

Contributor
Tmm went to a grand final
Why are you calling him a cup player ?
Please explain I would like to know
Please don’t bypass this post
I want to hear why tmm is a cup player ?
I am all ears
My only worry about the kid is is history of concussion.

1 CNK
2 Dallin
3 Walker
4 Vaillea
5 Montoya
6 TMM
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Harria
11 Barnett
12 Curran
13 Niukore

14 Lussick
15 Ale
16 Afoa
17 Jazz

Strong NRL ready replacements
18 Metcalf - halves, fullback
19 Ford - 2nd row
20 Ben Murdoch-Masila - prop
21 Kosi - wing
22 Pompey - centre

Decent replacements
23 Volkman
24 Pene

Not strong replacements
25 Sironen

Only when needed
26 Berry
27 Otukulo
28 Kepu
29 Kepu

The 2023 Warriors will have less stars ie Lodge and Walsh but more consistency and better NRL ready replacements.
The spine of
CNK, TMM, Shaun Johnson, Egan
Should be more consistent than
Walsh, CHT, Shaun Johnson Egan

Our props on the surface are a step back
Addin Fonua-Blake, Lodge, Afoa, Pene
is better than
Addin Fonua-Blake, Harris, Ale, Afoa
However bench props of Ale and Afoa is much better than Afoa and Pene so swings and roundabouts. Also Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge never played together well in a complimentary fashion so they sound better on paper than what they played like as a pair.

I really hope we play Walker at Centre. The addition of Ford as more second row depth makes this transition possible.
2022 centres Arthars and Vaillea
will be surpassed by Vaillea and Walker. If the acquisition of "yet another back rower" in Ford simply frees up Walker to centre then the move was shrewd.

No point predicting how the 2023 Warriors will do when we all know it will come down to how good the coaching staff is and especially the head coach. Let's see how Webster goes. I have a better feeling about him than any of the other candidates.

1. CNK
  2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
  3. Dylan Walker
  4. Viliami Vailea
  5. Marcelo Montoya
  6. TMM
  7. Luke Metcalf
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Freddy Lussick
  10. Tohu Harris
  11. Mitch Barnett
  12. Josh Curran
  13. Marata Niukore
  14. Wayde Egan
  15. Tom Ale
  16. Bunty Afoa
  17. Jackson Ford
• Metcalf will add more X factor and has potential
• Need another prop - Eddie Blacker, or Mikolaj Oledski who was recently named in the england wc squad (both monsters)
• Theory behind Lussick starting is the same as kenny starting over egan, suck up the early tackles and wayde can’t play 80.
• Walker is skilled, need experienced outside backs.

1. CNK
  2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
  3. Dylan Walker
  4. Viliami Vailea
  5. Marcelo Montoya
  6. TMM
  7. Luke Metcalf
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Freddy Lussick
  10. Tohu Harris
  11. Mitch Barnett
  12. Josh Curran
  13. Marata Niukore
  14. Wayde Egan
  15. Tom Ale
  16. Bunty Afoa
  17. Jackson Ford
• Metcalf will add more X factor and has potential
• Need another prop - Eddie Blacker, or Mikolaj Oledski who was recently named in the england wc squad (both monsters)
• Theory behind Lussick starting is the same as kenny starting over egan, suck up the early tackles and wayde can’t play 80.
• Walker is skilled, need experienced outside backs.
Love the chutzpah with the Shaun dropping
Interested in your pick of ford at 17
I get the feeling he will get plenty of game time next year

Reactions: Toookey
Anybody think a hit up winger like To’o would be beneficial? Thoughts on Tony Tumusa? Been discarded from a few teams so probably issues. Anyone know anything?

1 CNK
2 Dallin
3 Walker
4 Vaillea
5 Montoya
6 TMM
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Harria
11 Barnett
12 Curran
13 Niukore

14 Lussick
15 Ale
16 Afoa
17 Jazz

Strong NRL ready replacements
18 Metcalf - halves, fullback
19 Ford - 2nd row
20 Ben Murdoch-Masila - prop
21 Kosi - wing
22 Pompey - centre

Decent replacements
23 Volkman
24 Pene

Not strong replacements
25 Sironen

Only when needed
26 Berry
27 Otukulo
28 Kepu
29 Kepu

The 2023 Warriors will have less stars ie Lodge and Walsh but more consistency and better NRL ready replacements.
The spine of
CNK, TMM, Shaun Johnson, Egan
Should be more consistent than
Walsh, CHT, Shaun Johnson Egan

Our props on the surface are a step back
Addin Fonua-Blake, Lodge, Afoa, Pene
is better than
Addin Fonua-Blake, Harris, Ale, Afoa
However bench props of Ale and Afoa is much better than Afoa and Pene so swings and roundabouts. Also Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge never played together well in a complimentary fashion so they sound better on paper than what they played like as a pair.

I really hope we play Walker at Centre. The addition of Ford as more second row depth makes this transition possible.
2022 centres Arthars and Vaillea
will be surpassed by Vaillea and Walker. If the acquisition of "yet another back rower" in Ford simply frees up Walker to centre then the move was shrewd.

No point predicting how the 2023 Warriors will do when we all know it will come down to how good the coaching staff is and especially the head coach. Let's see how Webster goes. I have a better feeling about him than any of the other candidates.
One of the most influential and important positions in the game is the back rowers

Start of this year: 11 Aitken, 12 Katoa, 13 Curren. All 3 were green and very inexperienced in the position with our edges being destroyed defensively all season.

Next year: 11 Niukore, 12 Barnett, 13 Curren. Significant upgrade in experience, physicality and skill which will transfer to the players around them playing better.

This is the most significant upgrade to our team that will impact performances and results.

One of the most influential and important positions in the game is the back rowers

Start of this year: 11 Aitken, 12 Katoa, 13 Curren. All 3 were green and very inexperienced in the position with our edges being destroyed defensively all season.

Next year: 11 Niukore, 12 Barnett, 13 Curren. Significant upgrade in experience, physicality and skill which will transfer to the players around them playing better.

This is the most significant upgrade to our team that will impact performances and results.
I don’t mean this as a competetive retort of even as banter
Genuine question
What happened to the knights in 2022
Edges were Frizell and Barnett with stellar props in front of them

Thanks men of the forum for those explanations

Question for anyone with some time on their hands

Rank these in terms of influence over the game result

A halves
B fullback
C hooker
D edge forwards
E lock
F props
G centres
H wings

A halves
B fullback
C hooker
D edge forwards
E lock
F props
G centres
H wings
What do u mean. Do you mean what position influences the game, something like this.
1. Halves (A)
2. Fullback (B)
3. Props (F)
4. Lock (E)
5. Edges (D)
6. Hooker (C)
7. Centres (G)
8. Wings (H)
don’t get me wrong, if the last 3 play beyond average the game will be lost.

Reactions: Worried2Death

A halves
B fullback
C hooker
D edge forwards
E lock
F props
G centres
H wings
I would go:

1 - Halves
2 - Fullback
3 - Props
4 - Lock
5 - Edge Forwards
6 - Centre
7 - Hooker
8 - Wings

Albeit a gun player in a position can be a game changer and similarly a below average player in any position means that third of the field becomes a sieve.

Also props are a little different due to their limited minutes. The props as a group are more important than a second rower but a single average second rower I would class as more important than a single average prop (unless it’s a Addin Fonua-Blake).

Does anyone still have the pay scale per position as it highlights the relative worth of each position. For example I recall a 7 was the highest paid but a 6 was worth less than a centre to break it down even more.

Last edited: