Who will partner SJ in 2022?

• Chanel Harris-Tavita

• Kodi Nikorima

• Ash Taylor

• Other - explain why in the thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

Meh. 20 or 30 minutes of Kodi giving Egan a rest and can cover the halves. 3 forwards making up the rest of the bench.

Jazz is over rated by many I feel and doesn't really balance the side when he is included
Jazz brings guts and energy to the Warriors.. Kodi brings a no tackle why should i attitude.

Reactions: 9 users

Peewee

Not sure why you leave Ash Taylor out. His ability is better than Chanel Harris-Tavita. Dont expect an Ash like Titans had last year, he understands to have a future he needs to get back to his best (and that is GOOD). We also need a good short game kicker so Johnson doesnt get all the pressure and attention from the opposition.

Reactions: 6 users
Toookey

Toookey

Kodi should be fired into the sun with a one way ticket for his poor 2021 form.
In 2020 he was quite good. Fell of a cliff in 2021 and it was the opposite of going from strength to strength. Perhaps I can introduce the expression going from nadir to nadir.
No way he should be entertained as anything other than a depth player this year who only gets games when we are injury depleted. If he redeems himself in some of those injury replacement games then give him more games.
Do not under any circumstances start the season with him regardless of how good he looks on the training field running around pylons and playing touch rugby league where he lines up against Ed Kosi as his defensive opponent.
Hard No on Kodi.
Strongly prefer Ash Taylor to be our guy. With Chanel Harris-Tavita being our 1st drop.
Wrighty I love your posts! However your blind hatred for Kodi blinds you lol. I don’t care who we have there - hell, sign Todd Carney/Mitchell Pearce/Blake Austin if it means we get in to the finals. Tongue in cheek with those names, but my point is I don’t care who is there as 6 as long as they’ve busted their arse and proved them selves in pre season.

I’ve been a huge critic of Chanel Harris-Tavita this last year and personally don’t think he’s up to it, but if he’s selected to start rd 1 I’ll back him to get the job done.
Last year Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita could get through unscathed as we had almost nothing else available. Not this year. Who ever starts would have earned it so I’m really excited to see how that race plays out

Reactions: 9 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Not sure why you leave Ash Taylor out. His ability is better than Chanel Harris-Tavita. Dont expect an Ash like Titans had last year, he understands to have a future he needs to get back to his best (and that is GOOD). We also need a good short game kicker so Johnson doesnt get all the pressure and attention from the opposition.
I'm salivating thinking about what Ash can do while they're watching Johnson and vice versa, hope we get a few games with that pair on the field.

Reactions: 3 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Chanel was playing injured most of last year, I'm reserving judgement on him until we see him running freely again. Few good signs of a combo with Walsh that could go somewhere as a halves pair in the future. Don't want to wait through years of losses for him to hit his straps though so if he's not showing a higher ceiling this season punt him and bring someone else in to back up Metcalf and Johnson.

Reactions: 1 users
AlexM

AlexM

I think Brownie will go 6.Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Shaun Johnson and 14.Kodi

If he plays Kodi in the halves his 14. Is Jazz or Otokulo and I then Chanel is a bit wasted , he can't and shouldn't be molded into a 14 or anything other than a half at this stage of his career.
Also I think he deserves first shot.

Reactions: 4 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Wrighty

Wrighty

Wrighty I love your posts! However your blind hatred for Kodi blinds you lol. I don’t care who we have there - hell, sign Todd Carney/Mitchell Pearce/Blake Austin if it means we get in to the finals. Tongue in cheek with those names, but my point is I don’t care who is there as 6 as long as they’ve busted their arse and proved them selves in pre season.

I’ve been a huge critic of Chanel Harris-Tavita this last year and personally don’t think he’s up to it, but if he’s selected to start rd 1 I’ll back him to get the job done.
Last year Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita could get through unscathed as we had almost nothing else available. Not this year. Who ever starts would have earned it so I’m really excited to see how that race plays out
When Kodi turns up to play he is simply electricity on wheels.
He is dynamite. An attacking force of nature that can not be contained.
However he only turned up maybe two times last year and dudded it in his other 16 outings To the point Sean O'Sullivan despite playing crap himself was getting picked above Kodi
But wait there is more !
In one of the final games of the season we played Hiku at stand-off who hadn’t played in the halves in 5 years rather than play Kodi

After we came to the realisation last year how even a journeyman like Sean O'Sullivan who we chose not to make a priority of resigning was better than Kodi why we would revisit the Kodi value proposition.
Why re experiment with him?
What makes us believe that his crap week in week out performances last year should be ignored and that instead we should pay attention to his off season training form.

If Kodi this off season trains his rear end off and wins all the sand dune races and push up contests and this leads to us wasting the first 9 games next year to rediscover that he is a sub standard player then the entire coaching staff should be forced to walk on their hands down the Main Street of Ruatoria

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Lance155

Lance155

However he only turned up maybe two times last year and dudded it in his other 16 outings To the point Sean O'Sullivan despite playing crap himself was getting picked above Kodi
But wait there is more !
In one of the final games of the season we played Hiku at stand-off who hadn’t played in the halves in 5 years rather than play Kodi

After we came to the realisation last year how even a journeyman like Sean O'Sullivan who we chose not to make a priority of resigning was better than Kodi why we would revisit the Kodi value proposition.
What makes us believe that his crap week in week out performances last year should be ignored and that instead we should pay attention to his off season training form.

If Kodi this off season trains his rear end off and wins all the sand dune races and push up contests and this leads to us wasting the first 9 games next year to rediscover that he is a sub standard player then the entire coaching staff should be forced to walk on their hands down the Main Street of Ruatoria
Yea I agree, base it on game performances only. Kodi has let us down to many times and he has no excuse

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brownstone

But wait there is more !

Turned up twice?? I thought Kodi was at least decent up until the bye, then generally awful after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Tragic

Tragic

Kodi needs a lot of space, then he shows his wheels, he is never going to grind out a game or make his own space and our props don't dominate enough for him to be good all the time, Shaun Johnson might give him extra space because people will mark up on him.
Brownie needs wins so I reckon he will go with Taylor and Shaun Johnson. Kodi on bench to cover Halves and spell egan, Chanel Harris-Tavita won't be seen until there is injuries.

Reactions: 5 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Turned up twice?? I thought Kodi was at least decent up until the bye, then generally awful after that.
Kodi was quite good through the first 3 to 4 rounds
His descent through Dante’s nine circles of hell with each effort getting more egregious began in our first must win game of the season against a manly side sitting zero wins and four losses and playing like a rabble.
The first round match between manly and the warriors can best be described as a race to the bottom or a cripple fight if you prefer. Rugby league was not the winner on the day to say the least. There must have been at least ten unforced errors by each side in the first half alone. Kodi was the leader and main orchestrator of our mud performance that day. As after that game he seemed to lose any confidence he once had and like I said went from one nadir to the next.
We lost that game vs manly with a last minute DCE drop goal I remember correctly
It was our worst performance I have seen from the warriors in any season since I started watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Toookey

Toookey

But wait there is more !

I dunno, I think we can both make fairly valid points. Despite how poor Kodi was, he had 10 try assists in 16 games in the halves. Chanel Harris-Tavita, Sean O'Sullivan,and Chad got 10 between them in 28 games.
And that’s Kodi playing shit. If he’s training the house down, and on a contract year? It’s reasonable to assume he’d be up for it and put his best foot forward.

But we’ll see, if he’s there it’s because he earned it. If he’s not it’s because the others have earned it. We’ve got options this year so let’s make them work for it

Reactions: 12 users
Lance155

Lance155

I dunno, I think we can both make fairly valid points. Despite how poor Kodi was, he had 10 try assists in 16 games in the halves. Chanel Harris-Tavita, Sean O'Sullivan,and Chad got 10 between them in 28 games.
And that’s Kodi playing shit. If he’s training the house down, and on a contract year? It’s reasonable to assume he’d be up for it and put his best foot forward.

But we’ll see, if he’s there it’s because he earned it. If he’s not it’s because the others have earned it. We’ve got options this year so let’s make them work for it
Urghhh stats give such a half story, if even that. For example, Maumalo or Roger making big meteres but offer virtually nothing else.

Reactions: 2 users