General WWE/Wrestling

Reaction score
DragonFly

DragonFly

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I don't watch wrestling anymore, this generation of wrestlers are rubbish.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Remember him fondly for managing wankers like Million Dollar Man, Ravishing Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Virgil and that annoying idiot Brother Love. While he was probably most famous for being Andre The Giant's manager it was the his ability to make genuine villains that fans loved to hate that I'll never forget. Another legend from the Golden Years of wrestling gone.

RIP The Brain...

Reaction score
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Ted Dibiase a great wrestler good spots for a big man.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Son of British WWE legend uses grappling skills to save girl hanging off bridge by hauling her over barrier

© Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited

The son of a British wrestling legend has told how he used his grappling skills to help haul a woman hanging off a bridge to safety.

When Harry Smith - son of 1980s WWE hero Davy Boy Smith - saw a 'girl crying and hanging off a bridge' he stopped his car and went to the rescue.

Harry, who also had a spell in the WWE under the name David Hart Smith in the 2000s, described how he went to talk with her.

He then grabbed hold and used his wrestling skills to help haul her over the barrier to safety in the Canadian city of Calgary.

Writing a lengthy Facebook post on the incident he told how he was simply 'glad to help'.

“I saved a life today and I am grateful I was able to do so,” he wrote on the social media site and then re-posted on it Twitter.

“When driving up 16th Avenue past Bowness Road in Calgary I saw a girl crying and hanging off the bridge with someone trying to talk to her.

© Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Mirrorpix

“I stopped and jumped the barricade and tried talking to the girl. And she was crying and an emotional mess and threatening to jump if I got closer.

“With people on the round waving her not to jump I decided to grab a hold of her and not take any chances. She started to slide and want to go more as I grabbed a hold (of) her.

“Luckily (from) my years of grappling and self defence I knew to grab her HARD and how to pull her up from hanging off and jumping ... I knew not to grab her clothing because she would have ripped through it.

“When I yanked her off the bridge finally, I established the mount position as you do in grappling and did not let her budge.”

Smith then held down the woman and looked after her until police arrived.

“Life is a precious thing folks, never take it for granted,” he added.

“I’m glad I was at service to help somebody today and my years of grappling came into play.”

In reaction Angei Garcia wrote on Twitter: @He just made a difference in this world & in that woman's life. He's not only a hero to her but to millions around the world. Proud of him. :)"

His dad Davy, originally from Lancashire, died at the age of 40 in 2002 after a long career in the ring.

After starting out on ITV's World of Sport with the likes of Big Daddy he then moved over to join what was then called the WWF under the name 'The British Bulldog.'

After spells in Japan and World Championship Wrestling he died after suffering a heart attack and is buried in his home town of Golbourne.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/son-of-british-wwe-legend-uses-grappling-skills-to-save-girl-hanging-off-bridge-by-hauling-her-over-barrier/ar-AAtXwjZ?li=AAaUOAg&ocid=ientp

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Sad news this morning with the passing of Jim the Anvil Neidhart.

The articles showing the pictures of the guys from the Hart Foundation stable from 97 were pretty sad to see with Brian Pullman, Owen Hart, Bulldog and now Neidhart all gone and only Bret Hart left.

Growing up the Hart Foundation were my favourite tag team. The British Bulldogs were just finishing their run at that stage due to Dynamite Kids back injury.

Reaction score
Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, not fun news to wake up to

As you can probably tell from my profile pic Hart Foundation were one of the big reasons I got into wrestling back in the 80s. There was something captivating about his intensity, whether it be his agile strongman wrestling style or maniacally hilarious promos and beard stroking and laughter. Really sad he never got the WWE homecoming he really deserved (aside from his appearances on Total divas).

When we did this dressup at the Welly 7s back in 2011 so many people were randomly giving love to the "Hart brothers", I reckon therell be a lot of sad over-30s like me to hear about this.

Rest easy big man, HAHAHAHAHHA *beard stroke*

Reaction score
Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Also kinda crazy that both him and Dusty had similar scenarios where a fall at home led to fatal injuries.

Feel for the Hart clan, especially Bret and Nattie, so hard losing a father, especially out of the blue like that.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Loved the Hart Foundation. Bret was so smooth and Anvil was such a loose unit. Both them and the Demolition Team were my favourites. RIP ANVIL...

The articles showing the pictures of the guys from the Hart Foundation stable from 97 were pretty sad to see with Brian Pullman, Owen Hart, Bulldog and now Neidhart all gone and only Bret Hart left.
Sad all right and isn't Bret battling cancer? :(

39138617_474382046364264_2979508054065676288_n.jpg

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
When we did this dressup at the Welly 7s back in 2011 so many people were randomly giving love to the "Hart brothers", I reckon therell be a lot of sad over-30s like me to hear about this.
Never actually realized that wasn't the real heart foundation haha
I tip my hat to u sir- awesome outfit.
They were my favs too- so many great tag teams back then and I remember them having some great battles with the bulldogs and demolition.
Those were the days- rest easy anvil :(

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I've only seen a review of the first two episodes of Total Divas and seen a few minutes while channel surfing. I did see a clip today with the Anvil taking Natty to buy some ladders seeing as he had been in ladder matches which made me laugh.

Loved some of the tag teams from back then which would have two contrasting guys. Either a power guy and a technician like the Hart Foundation or Brain Busters or a Power guy with a speedy/high flyer like the British Bulldogs.

Anvil was also a pretty underrated promo guy as well. His personality and the laugh really fitted into 80s wrestling.

I think it was Gorilla on commentary who would mention "The Anvil game up professional football as it wasn't rough enough".

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Have listened to quite a few shoot interviews over the years and whenever the Anvil comes up it’s always mentioned that he was a pretty loose and crazy guy.
He and Brett were an awesome tag team, even better when they had Jimmy Hart leading them in their promos.
What’s less remembered is when Brett started going solo, Anvil and Owen Hart started The New Hart Foundation for a couple of years.
As amazing as Owen was, it just wasn’t the same.
Another sad loss. rip Anvil!
255D4C7E-270F-4CB4-BEBC-8F6D011A80CD.jpeg

Reaction score

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Damn man, another wrestling legend gone too soon.

I miss the old days when there were real personalities like the Anvil wrestling. They made WWF great & then some.

RIP Anvil

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
On a lighter note I have been getting my wrestling fix lately I've been listening to Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard. Goes over a lot of stories from back in the day, things reported in the dirt sheet or his version of events heard from other shoot interviews.

He also does great impressions of Jim Cornette, Vince McMahon and Dusty Rhodes to name a few.

A good story about Jim Cornette living in Connecticut, getting meals delivered and his rat dying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He also has a great story of pranking Jim Cornette with Jake Roberts snake.

They handcuff him to the ring ropes and get ready to get him with the snake. Next thing Cornette is running back to the backstage area.

I can't find the episode or a video of it but the conversation goes something like this.

Prichard "Corny how did you get out?"
Cornette "I'm going to get you MFers"
Prichard "Never mind that, how did you get out you were handcuffed"
Cornette "I carry a key"
Prichard "A key?"
Cornette "Yeah I carry a handcuff key with me everywhere in case I get hand cuffed you never know when those god dam cops arrest you for something you didn't do, then I can get out".

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
On a lighter note I have been getting my wrestling fix lately I've been listening to Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard. Goes over a lot of stories from back in the day, things reported in the dirt sheet or his version of events heard from other shoot interviews.

He also does great impressions of Jim Cornette, Vince McMahon and Dusty Rhodes to name a few.

A good story about Jim Cornette living in Connecticut, getting meals delivered and his rat dying.

Big fan of Something to Wrestle with......Bruce Prichard.
The amount of stories is mind blowing and his impressions are awesome. Dusty, Vinnie Mack and Macho Man are my favs. He and Conrad are hilarious together.
I’m also a big fan of What Happened When with Tony Schiavone. For anyone who followed WCW or even earlier NWA wrestling, this is a great podcast to check out.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Big fan of Something to Wrestle with......Bruce Prichard.
The amount of stories is mind blowing and his impressions are awesome. Dusty, Vinnie Mack and Macho Man are my favs. He and Conrad are hilarious together.
I’m also a big fan of What Happened When with Tony Schiavone. For anyone who followed WCW or even earlier NWA wrestling, this is a great podcast to check out.
I've hear Conrad mention the What Happened When show. My problem is not enough time. I dipped my toe into Something to Wrestle With show with some of the highlight clips then decided to do a few random episodes which led to working through them in order. Not sure when I started maybe a 2 weeks to a month ago but I'm up to about episode 60 now. Been powering through them they are so enjoyable.

Love some of the bits that have been known as fact over the years like Big Jon Studd leaving after Wrestlemania 5 as he wasn't happen with his payoff. Prichard without being prompted says that wasn't true and he resigned as he was sick of Andre being rough with him standing on his hair etc.

Some of the stories are typical wrestling leaving you thinking WTF. Like the idiot guy from Houston wrestling that screwed over Vince McMahon for their final show. Said the big crowd was due to Paul Bosch's last show and not Hulk Hogan the biggest star in the business at the time and the stacked card fill of WWF talent.

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've hear Conrad mention the What Happened When show. My problem is not enough time. I dipped my toe into Something to Wrestle With show with some of the highlight clips then decided to do a few random episodes which led to working through them in order. Not sure when I started maybe a 2 weeks to a month ago but I'm up to about episode 60 now. Been powering through them they are so enjoyable.

Love some of the bits that have been known as fact over the years like Big Jon Studd leaving after Wrestlemania 5 as he wasn't happen with his payoff. Prichard without being prompted says that wasn't true and he resigned as he was sick of Andre being rough with him standing on his hair etc.

Some of the stories are typical wrestling leaving you thinking WTF. Like the idiot guy from Houston wrestling that screwed over Vince McMahon for their final show. Said the big crowd was due to Paul Bosch's last show and not Hulk Hogan the biggest star in the business at the time and the stacked card fill of WWF talent.
Yeah I was like you when I caught onto it but that was about a year and a half ago and they weren’t too far into it yet so I smashed through them pretty quickly. (Helps that I was spending long hours on the road driving for work)
Enjoy them all but my fav episodes have been the Randy Savage episodes. Huge fan of the Macho Man and Elizabeth back in the day.
Prichard does a pretty mean Macho Man impression too.

Reaction score

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My favourite all time faction. Sad to think Bret is the only one left.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
He and Brett were an awesome tag team, even better when they had Jimmy Hart leading them in their promos.
How good was Jimmy Hart. Played his character so well. Always wanted to punch him right on the nose with his speaker phone he was that much of a weasel...

Use to want to punch Brother Love too...

Top Bottom