any wwe\wrestling fans on this forum?

bit of a cryptic tweet from sting pointing to next weeks monday night raw

side note - loving the wwe network and watching old wcw paperviews

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Wonder what this move is called :sperm::confused:???

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
LOL. This is partly why I'm more partial to 80s and 90s wrestling as it at least lets me suspend disbelief. Well besides the irish whip, that's just won of those things you need to just accept when watching wrestling. If you tug on some ones arm they will magically start running to the ropes and back and forth until someone or something stops their momentum.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
One of my favourite wrestlers. Especially when he was part of the original Hart Foundation with The Anvil.

Time gets the better of all of us but its never easy seeing childhood heroes face mortality...

12512575_10153915863359443_4014942359552766226_n.jpg

Bret Hart

Like This Page · 14 hrs ·

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.

B x

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned on another site. The Hitman has a pretty rough time of it health wise. Damn I didn't know about all of those recent surgeries on his knees, hernia operations, elbow wrists.

He was looking pretty rough about 10 years ago after his stroke with his speech. I know that is to be expected but it was pretty sad seeing him so run down when he came back doing more publicity. It seemed like he was getting a lot better.

Hopefully he beats it and gets a bit better run of things health wise.

Reaction score

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone signed up to the WWE network? Is it any good? Was thinking of signing up for the free one month trial in order to watch this years Wrestlemania.

Not keen on paying $29.99. Sky already charges enough.

Last edited:
Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone signed up to the WWE network? Is it any good? Was thinking of signing up for the free one month trial in order to watch this years Wrestlemania.

Not keen on paying $29.99. Sky already charges enough.
Yeah, I signed up to it for lasts year mania, its good, can cancel anytime. If you don’t cancel comes out to about $15 a month with the exchange rate.

A good PPV is worth that a month IMO, you get some duds though. NXT is very entertaining, that’s on each week, and when bored its pretty great being able to go back and watch almost anything from the last 30 years.

Just a good product, easy to use, streaming is fast and clear, does not crap out like sky go. Some months I think I should get rid of it, but never quite get around to it, exploiting peoples laziness is a smart business model.

Can’t wait for the day I can stream the main NZ sports league/rugby/cricket through a legit and reliable service, and ditch the sky subscription.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
That is probably the way the world is heading; where we buy straight of the source. It will be interesting to see which sport takes first leap from ditching a pay-tv provider and build their own service like UFC Fight Pass or the WWE Network. Soon we will probably have a lot more smaller contracts like the two I just mentioned plus Netflix etc and any sports. It might soon add up to a similar amount as Sky but most would be on demand.

Does the WWE Network have the old WWF Superstars from the 80s?
I know with all of the PPVs why would someone want to watch a bunch of superstars beat some nobodies. Well its only an hour long and nostalgia baby.:D

I'd like to sign up but I haven't had much time to watch any wrestling for a while now besides breaking out an old Royal Rumble recently.

It would be cool to see some of the PPVs or shows we missed here in NZ like the older NWA/WCW shows I've heard a lot about like The Great American Bash 89 or re-watch the old War Games or some of the older promotions.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Does the WWE Network have the old WWF Superstars from the 80s?
I know with all of the PPVs why would someone want to watch a bunch of superstars beat some nobodies. Well its only an hour long and nostalgia baby.:D

I'd like to sign up but I haven't had much time to watch any wrestling for a while now besides breaking out an old Royal Rumble recently.

It would be cool to see some of the PPVs or shows we missed here in NZ like the older NWA/WCW shows I've heard a lot about like The Great American Bash 89 or re-watch the old War Games or some of the older promotions.

That’s all in there, but like you, can’t find the time to get too in depth with it.

NRL has a digital pass, $90 for the season, $7.50 a month, probably good value, if you live in aus, or can bothered doing a location blocker thing. Anyone using that?

Problem in this country is as long as the All Blacks are live exclusively on sky, their market dominance won’t go away.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I went to the first two events at Westpac Stadium and Western Springs.

The one in wellington was freezing. I remember my sister ringing me and asking what I plan on wearing down in Wellington. I said the same the same as I am wearing now in Auckland shorts and a t-shirt, I'll throw on my sandals on my way out the door. I got warned that the weather in Wellington was terrible. We ended up buying thermals and wind proof gear down in Wellington so my Captain Charisma t-shirt was cover by 2-3 layers of clothing.

The guys performing in the ring probably managed to get warm but the divas acting as valets looked freezing just standing in the ring while guys cut their promos.

Then a few days later I though it was cool to wear my new Kurt Angle shirt at the gym. Got a few strange looks as people read the "From this Angle you SUCK. Last time I wore that t-shirt in public.;)

The Western Springs event was a lot more enjoyable from memory in-terms of entertainment and conditions.

Reaction score
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I went to the first two events at Westpac Stadium and Western Springs.

The one in wellington was freezing. I remember my sister ringing me and asking what I plan on wearing down in Wellington. I said the same the same as I am wearing now in Auckland shorts and a t-shirt, I'll throw on my sandals on my way out the door. I got warned that the weather in Wellington was terrible. We ended up buying thermals and wind proof gear down in Wellington so my Captain Charisma t-shirt was cover by 2-3 layers of clothing.

The guys performing in the ring probably managed to get warm but the divas acting as valets looked freezing just standing in the ring while guys cut their promos.

Then a few days later I though it was cool to wear my new Kurt Angle shirt at the gym. Got a few strange looks as people read the "From this Angle you SUCK. Last time I wore that t-shirt in public.;)

The Western Springs event was a lot more enjoyable from memory in-terms of entertainment and conditions.
I went to both shows too. Was only a young fella in Wellington.

Thought the Westpac show was awesome. The chills witnessing the Deadman's entrance in person is second to none. A touching tribute to Eddie Guerrero too (lead by Rey Mysterio).
I remember I was recording with an oldschool camcorder and had my tape taken off me by security guards. Bastards.

Western Springs was enjoyable. Chris Benoit came over which would be mere months before his demise. Seeing the likes of Bastia and Bobby Lashley in person was thrilling. Stadium was packed too.

Went to one at Vector Area in 2010. Didn't pull a big crowd. Show was meh. Probably the reason why they havent been back.

Hopefully this new show does better.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The Chris Benoit match vs MVP at Western Springs was pretty good for a house show.

I didn't go to the Vector Arena show. A shame as that would have been the best venue in terms of conditions.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Went to the Word Wrestling All Stars in 03' at North Shore.. Sting VS Jeff Jarrett was the main event. First time Bret Hart spoke in public after his stroke, had to sit on a stool in the ring so he didn't collapse, poor bugger.

Sting did an awesome pre match segment up in the rafters, had the crowd going nuts

2006 in Welly was awesome, as mentioned it was hella cold but still a massive night. Had a great line up for that event, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle etc

2007 Western Springs.. Mrrr Kennnedy.. fark that dude was cool on the mic

2008 - 2011 at Vector.. Saw a few big names throughout those years.. Kane, Undertaker, John Cena, Big Show, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio

Hopefully get some tickets before they sell out.. I always like the bad guys more then the good guys.. hoping they bring Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins, love the annoying bastards who can rark the crowds up

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Few random pics from the Vector shows over the years.. Ruben Wiki attended quite a few, had $500 front row seats, no doubt given to him by the wrestlers who visited Warriors training at the time wwe (5).jpg wwe (6).jpg wwe (7).jpg wwe (8).jpg wwe (9).jpg wwe (1).jpg wwe (11).jpg wwe (4).jpg wwe (10).jpg

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Was anyone on here following the Hulk Hogan Gawker trial?

He are a couple of videos discussing the trial and outcome.

This clip was discussing the trial while it was in progress and they bring up Hulk Hogan bragging about his penis size. Of course Hogan is an old fashioned carney so Terry Boella doesn't have a 10 inch penis but Hulk Hogan does.:confused: The lawyer would have been WTF.:eek:
(About 3:50)

This is after the trial. Due to the subject manager of the case I had a good laugh at the comments on the reporter being on top of the story (about 5 minutes in).

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Anyone remember Scott Steiner from back in the day? He was in the news recently.

Obviously one of the guys is in jail but I bet Scott Steiner has not smpify symphy for the guy.

That part of America must be screwed up for an ex pro wrestler to sane one around there.

Reaction score
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Scott Steiner pre about 1998.... man what a wrestler. Before he got really roided up. His frankensteiner back in the day was the stuff of legend. Most will know as only the roughhouse heavy hitter on roids, but he was a fair performer.

Reaction score
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Bloody freezing at the caketin that nite but yep remember the deadman entering and yes it was downright scary! ha ha. but the highlight was Booker T (another big man in person) ripping a boys sign and making him cry. Lashly was nothing spectacular, sad that we never saw the legend JBL 'rastle' just bad mouth our women! who could argue with him in his prime? he hurt many! I also recall Don 'rock' Muraco wrestling at the Wellington event centre when the bush whackers were going gang busters and the ring snapped in half ha ha good wrestling that night! I took my chances later at ' The Arena' to try and man handle ol' Don but he couldn't be moved and nothing fake about the clip he gave me! I might have his number now he'd be a bit slower I hope! Check out the mic skills of Nature Boy it never disappoints or grows old.

Top Bottom