General Worst Warriors Seasons - Where does this one compare?

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Johnson is so hot and could that the Sharks bench him plus I'm hearing not a very good trainer and that's why he is always injured.
So they get rid of Corvo.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Luke turns up fat and overweight from preseason for very 1st game for us. a great message of professionalis.
Luke turned up fit and motivated last year. Probably one of the best players in the squad. Took to the field even when injured.

He was the epitome of professionalism. One of my favourite players to watch last year. Unbelievable season.

And how did we reward him ? told him to look around and re-signed him on minimum wage.

Good way to reward someone who played his heart out CG and SK!!!!!!

It’s a clear sign of arrogance and stupidity by CG and SK to tell our top players they’re not bigger than the club and to go look around. The effect that would have had on the other players would have been huge.

Junior players would look at Luke’s performance and lack of recognition and be telling themselves why put my body on the line when mgmt don’t reward me at the end of the season!

Or they look at Blair and say if Blair can run only 30m a game and still get selected yet I bust my guts out for 100m and still told not good enough then where is the consistency?????

It doesn’t surprise me that players do not trust management or what they say.

Maybe Corvo sees the rot coming and player revolt and decided I am out of here....

Last edited:
Reaction score

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
.....And how did we reward him ? told him to look around and re-signed him on minimum wage.

Good way to reward someone who played his heart out CG and SK!!!!!!

It’s a clear sign of arrogance and stupidity by CG and SK to tell our top players they’re not bigger than the club and to go look around. The effect that would have had on the other players would have been huge....
Informing a player that they're free to look elsewhere for better options as they are no longer part of the plan or worth it to the club (or for whatever the reason) is hardly new in the NRL, nor other pro sports, thus it's neither arrogant or stupid. Not having a suitable back up however... LOL.

Like it or not, it's fairly standard practice regardless of whether it's one your favourite players, an unpopular player, a big name or a small name.

Reaction score

Ponyandtrap

Waterboy
Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned Luke’s poor wage in his season 4 for the Warriors was topped up by his inflated wages in his first and second, (season 3 was great) that said with the current 9 stocks I’d have offered luke another season if he’d remain on similar wages, I can’t see him getting enough To justify moving and living in Aus, this season he wasn’t great but wasn’t poor either.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Informing a player that they're free to look elsewhere for better options as they are no longer part of the plan or worth it to the club (or for whatever the reason) is hardly new in the NRL, nor other pro sports, thus it's neither arrogant or stupid. Not having a suitable back up however... LOL.

Like it or not, it's fairly standard practice regardless of whether it's one your favourite players, an unpopular player, a big name or a small name.
Totally agree. Every organization does it - even my company. We've laid off staff this year because they weren't performing , however, we only told them once we had our your replacement sorted.

So my point still stands.

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yep.. 2011 Grand Final. My first real heart break
I feel you brother, true love comes and goes like seasons in the sun but the Warriors will be back, there's a new saviour in town and this time his name is Saint Mark of Penrose, all you have to do is believe in his miracles and keep the faith.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Who is there left to believe in if not Mark? Greta? Good luck to her but I live in the real world not the environment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WA supporter

WA supporter

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I feel you brother, true love comes and goes like seasons in the sun but the Warriors will be back, there's a new saviour in town and this time his name is Saint Mark of Penrose, all you have to do is believe in his miracles and keep the faith.
And his disciple,Stephen of The Process! Ps,Is your name Terry Jack,W2D?!

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
And his disciple,Stephen of The Process! Ps,Is your name Terry Jack,W2D?!
I don't know which great philosopher said it best, probably Bruce, but I guarantee you if we start winning next year SK will be walking on water again and this time his pockets won't be full of sand. "Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore, grasshopper." - Paddy Gower on pot

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know which great philosopher said it best, probably Bruce, but I guarantee you if we start winning next year SK will be walking on water again and this time his pockets won't be full of sand. "Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore, grasshopper." - Paddy Gower on pot
My guess is SK is already a dead man walking.
We've laid off staff this year because they weren't performing , however, we only told them once we had our your replacement sorted.
Thank you for agreeing with me ;)

Reaction score
roadrunner

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
not being negative but they are all forgotten fairly quickly until you win your first final. Let's hope we can get there quicker than the last 25 yrs.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
not being negative but they are all forgotten fairly quickly until you win your first final. Let's hope we can get there quicker than the last 25 yrs.
Heyzuss spare me...Ian Robson had the whole country thinking we were going to win it in our first year. True!!!

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
As Warriors fans we have had many false dawns, and many let downs.

In some ways because we made the top 8 the season before and totally blew the Bulldogs off the park in the first game, the remainder of the season was a total letdown to a point that i didn't care. SK's stubborn use of Kata and his bench only added to the frustration.

So in someways from an expectation point of view up there as the most disappointing year.

Top Bottom