General Worst Warriors Seasons - Where does this one compare?

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018
Maybe it is. I am getting so frustrated with what's happening at the club and have a lot of reservations about SK and the direction we are heading.

Everyone has their own opinion whether it's right or wrong. Let's end the conversation there.

Yeah, it's all good man. Don't me wrong - this season sucked - I lived it too. But people seem to be winding themselves up so much and fuelling this forum with bad juju. I'm just trying to add a different perspective. We all want the same thing at the end of the day.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Yeah, it's all good man. Don't me wrong - this season sucked - I lived it too. But people seem to be winding themselves up so much and fuelling this forum with bad juju. I'm just trying to add a different perspective. We all want the same thing at the end of the day.
I agree. People are looking at 2019 through the lens of the last 25 years of disappointment, rather than just for what it was.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017

Yea I agree with that. I am definitely guilty of that at times.

We all have a lot of passion for the club. I just hope there is some improvement in 2020. Or some changes to the game plan, strategy, accountability and team selection.
Otherwise this forum is going to sound even more depressing than it is now.

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I'm not telepathic - I'm replying directly to what he had written, which was ridiculous.

This is exactly the sort of comment that shows no perspective on reality dude. Both were held in high regard here, and were released for both the benefit of the individuals themselves, and likely with the intention to benefit the clubs' books/roster too. I get it - you're bummed out at our failings this season. But don't just go making things up to suit or fuel your present negative mood. The club will (and unfortunately too often this season) get things wrong - but they're not the anti-christ out to ruin all of our lives eh?

So they were held in high regard but let go to benifit other clubs.

Cool

Reactions: Worried2Death

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Was Charnze even playing FB in NSW Cup then?

I really don't blame Kearney in this case, he was solid without being outstanding on the wing for us in the NRL. Ricky Stuart took a punt on him playing fullback and it came off..

CNK’s development in one season has been amazing. Could the same be said if he stayed with the Warriors? Fact is - we will never know.... an opportunity lost. You make decisions and have to own it. Letting him go in my opinion was a mistake. Letting Shaun Johnson walk was a mistake. Playing Kata as long as we did was a mistake. It’s a long list of bad decisions...

Moving off topic, for some funny reason a lot of the younger dudes when given the opportunity- grab it with both arms then two weeks later are on the side lines for the rest of the season injured. What’s up with that? Their conditioning sounds like a problem....

Lawton, Pulu, Herbert, Chanel Harris-Tavita to name a few...

Just saying like.. maybe Corvo wasn’t as good as we all think?

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
CNK’s development in one season has been amazing. Could the same be said if he stayed with the Warriors? Fact is - we will never know.... an opportunity lost. You make decisions and have to own it. Letting him go in my opinion was a mistake. Letting Shaun Johnson walk was a mistake. Playing Kata as long as we did was a mistake. It’s a long list of bad decisions...
I dont think it was a mistake, he was never going to get a spot in our team so if you think it's a mistake that we couldnt keep him in the NSW Cup then sure. He was never getting the full time fullback spot that he has had at Canberra, period.

Agree with the other mistakes though!

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Who is the Fijian winger we have on the books? I remember seeing a video clip of him a while ago but can't remember his name. Had a lot of pace.

Is he anywhere near first grade material yet?

Reactions: Off The Bench

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
Who is the Fijian winger we have on the books? I remember seeing a video clip of him a while ago but can't remember his name. Had a lot of pace.

Is he anywhere near first grade material yet?
I think I've seen people mention him, haven't seen him myself, starts with Ravu.

Reactions: warriors55

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I dont think it was a mistake, he was never going to get a spot in our team so if you think it's a mistake that we couldnt keep him in the NSW Cup then sure. He was never getting the full time fullback spot that he has had at Canberra, period.

CNK had played center an wing we had rookies in both positions this year .
He would have got a shot .For sure.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

From CNK perspective- best move of his life leaving here.

From the clubs perspective. A big mistake.

The kid is a talent. And you never let talent like that walk. Especially for a club like ours that struggles to recruit talent. Like Lawton, i’m sure he would have had opportunities - especially given Ken was on the sidelines for an extended period this season. A great utility to have.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
From CNK perspective- best move of his life leaving here.

From the clubs perspective. A big mistake.

The kid is a talent. And you never let talent like that walk. Especially for a club like ours that struggles to recruit talent. Like Lawton, i’m sure he would have had opportunities - especially given Ken was on the sidelines for an extended period this season. A great utility to have.
We'll have to disagree here, I don't think it's a mistake. He would have been languishing in reserve grade his whole time here. And I think you mean Fusitua

Reactions: BeastMode

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012

Moving off topic, for some funny reason a lot of the younger dudes when given the opportunity- grab it with both arms then two weeks later are on the side lines for the rest of the season injured. What’s up with that? Their conditioning sounds like a problem....

Lawton, Pulu, Herbert, Chanel Harris-Tavita to name a few...

Just saying like.. maybe Corvo wasn’t as good as we all think?

The issues could be not the conditioning but the preparation away from the club.

There is no point in training the house down and going home and having a bad diet.

Reactions: Damo

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
This seasons performance was to be expected from me.

Although finishing 8th last year was great, I could see the tell tale signs from the last third of the 2018 season, losing more than winning, players looked gased and mentally weak, hence the dumb plays were starting to creep in, then in our only finals apperance it all showed and we got flogged. At this stage I thought another Corvo off season will help 2019

Then Nek Minit, Shaun Johnson gone and CG puffing out his chest about it debacle, panic finding a halves replacement.

Then to top it off we witnessed a bunch of slow tubby porkies hitting the field in round 1, sure we got a false sence of security with the win over a very youthful inexperienced dogs side, but its continued the downhill slide from the last 8 rounds of 2018

I was wondering if player power fitted into this and would raise its ugly head, so when some players didn't buy into the training as mentioned at the members forum. (I assume its been like this all year judging by the weekly results) I wasn't surprised at all. Just like I expected the season to be...

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Buck stops with SK article.
Whilst I agree, it also should stop with the man who said "no one person is bigger than the club" George. I think hes just in fantasy land trying to save money in the salary cap like the Salary cap is the business. You just concentrate on the business George. Please.

We desperately need offensive coaching. The Process is not enough.

CNK would not have languished if we employed a coach. A coach would recognise talent that is intense and wants to win for the team ie CNK and Lawton. CNK SHOULD have replaced Kata. period. We were stupid letting him go. I thought we really had a legacy on the go with guys like CNK joining Shaun Johnson etc and eventually Chanel Harris-Tavita playing with Shaun Johnson and CNK on the inside centre. But George let them all go. Hes a real brain box this guy.

Last edited:

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Whilst I agree, it also should stop with the man who said "no one person is bigger than the club" George. I think hes just in fantasy land trying to save money in the salary cap like the Salary cap is the business. You just concentrate on the business George. Please.

We desperately need offensive coaching. The Process is not enough.

CNK would not have languished if we employed a coach. A coach would recognise talent that is intense and wants to win for the team ie CNK and Lawton. CNK SHOULD have replaced Kata. period. We were stupid letting him go. I thought we really had a legacy on the go with guys like CNK joining Shaun Johnson etc and eventually Chanel Harris-Tavita playing with Shaun Johnson and CNK on the inside centre. But George let them all go. Hes a real brain box this guy.

Exactly. Which was whole point of my last post. As something is said ad nuseum in America Football is best coaches are best recruiters so what does that say about Stephen Kearney to let somebody like CNK go and not even attempt play him let alone find space for him in his side ? I don't have to explain it to you it only shows you how crap our coach really is and why our season was so shit this year. You don't let CNK go. You don't let Shaun Johnson go. You don't let Issac Luke look at other options like they did at start of season. It's all those fundamental mistakes that they made is to me what makes this one of worse fucking seasons in NZ Warriors history if not ever ...

Fantail23

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2015
Auckland
Exactly. Which was whole point of my last post. As something is said ad nuseum in America Football is best coaches are best recruiters so what does that say about Stephen Kearney to let somebody like CNK go and not even attempt play him let alone find space for him in his side ? I don't have to explain it to you it only shows you how crap our coach really is and why our season was so shit this year. You don't let CNK go. You don't let Shaun Johnson go. You don't let Issac Luke look at other options like they did at start of season. It's all those fundamental mistakes that they made is to me what makes this one of worse fucking seasons in NZ Warriors history if not ever ...

I agree with your general statement 100%, BUT the only player on that list is CNK the rest are a big part of the problem because there standard of play doesn't reflect their massive pay packet. Luke turns up fat and overweight from preseason for very 1st game for us. a great message of professionalism.

And Johnson is so hot and could that the Sharks bench him plus I'm hearing not a very good trainer and that's why he is always injured. On a Million that is
disgraceful. Compare that To Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and that's a million-dollar player with a million-dollar attitude.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings