General Worst coach - SK, Cappy, Bluey or Eliiot?

Who is the worst coach since Ivan left us?

• Stephen Kearney

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Cappy

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bluey

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Eliiot

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Tony Iro

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Kemp

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There are two types of Warriors coaches: Those being slagged off on this forum and...actually, there's only one type.
There are two types of coaches. Ones above 50% win record and ones below. Only Daniel Anderson (55%) and arguably John Monie (50%) are ‘above the line’.

Therefore every Warriors coach has been ‘one type’ since this forum has been here. We haven’t had a ‘winning’ coach since 2004 but ironically Kearney would be on 50% if two of the ‘robbed’ games this year went our way.

3 more years and we could currently have a ‘winning’ coach.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
People slagged off Ivan and he was above average (which is making finals footy) with semis and a finals appearance.

People slag of Kearney and we are doing quick maths to see if we’ll even make the eight.

Maybe our standards have just dropped. If Kearney makes the finals for the next three years straight I might change my mind.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Whilst that doesn't make any sense in relation to my post, you do highlight the emotional bias of many back then; the success of our club didn't matter to a lot of our supporters at the time - they could only see a team of second rowers playing boring footy - even though it was finals footy most of the time. He was incredibly unpopular. Only in hindsight did the venom ease up on Ivan's tenure.

Kearney coached our side to within one win of the minor premiers last season, an excellent response to his first season both on and off the park. When you read some of the crap on here about wanting our team to lose so the coach gets fired... I nearly feel embarrassed for the posters. If people can't see the change in our club from a couple of seasons ago when Kearney began, then they probably won't understand any of this post either. I don't know where we'll end up when Kearney is no longer our coach but personally I hope we continue with him for the long term.
Makes complete sense, Kearney has achieved bugger all so far compared to Ivan so the complaints have far more basis.

Like complaining about smelling shit as opposed to eating it.

Reaction score

Vedoid

U20's Player
Reaction score
Makes complete sense, Kearney has achieved bugger all so far compared to Ivan so the complaints have far more basis.
Yeah, you're not getting it. But if I follow what I assume is your train of thought, at this stage of Ivan's Warriors career he would have a slight edge in the wins column - but the same amount of finals appearances. Of course his third season we finished eighth and had a bit of finals fun.

Like complaining about smelling shit as opposed to eating it.
I'd suggest changing your diet and/or friends bro.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, you're not getting it. But if I follow what I assume is your train of thought, at this stage of Ivan's Warriors career he would have a slight edge in the wins column - but the same amount of finals appearances. Of course his third season we finished eighth and had a bit of finals fun.

I'd suggest changing your diet and/or friends bro.
Getting it fine.

I just don't agree with you, I guess history will be the final judge :)

Reaction score

Vedoid

U20's Player
Reaction score
Getting it fine.

I just don't agree with you, I guess history will be the final judge :)
Na, it doesn't matter... disagreeing with my opinion is completely fine, man. I hope history looks back on Kearney well.

Reaction score
Arfur

Arfur

U20's Player
Reaction score
I cringe every time I hear Tony Kemp on the radio.
I just cannot understand why his view on life 90% of the time seems to be the polar opposite of mine... always seems to be trying to make an indirect point in his own favour and thinking that we are stupid enough not to read between the lines... wish he'd been on the poll before I have my vote...:oops:
Totally agree. Some around here have very short memories. This guy was the worst coach ever! I never understand why Radio Sport keep getting him on for his opinion. The difference between Kemp and the others is, he was never a coach to start with. Probably should never have got the job, totally out of his depth.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Totally agree. Some around here have very short memories. This guy was the worst coach ever! I never understand why Radio Sport keep getting him on for his opinion. The difference between Kemp and the others is, he was never a coach to start with. Probably should never have got the job, totally out of his depth.
What gets me is he’s involved in the league circles and still getting gigs like radio.

I mean, like Jesus, is there really no one better we can turn to??????

Same goes for Bluey.

Even Haligan is hard on the ears....

Top Bottom