General World News

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Thread for World events. Beirut explosion today, unbelievable. Thinking is that a fireworks factory set off a small explosion which ignited a warehouse full of explosives near by...two thousand seven hundred tons of Ammonium Nitrate.

You gotta scratch your head about storing that much explosive in a city.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
114 pro democracy protesters shot dead in Myanmar including children. Fucking disgusting that they give them democratic elections then snatch them away, slaughtering them when protesting for it.
I see the protesters are not giving up.

Clearly they realise that if they quit they will be North Korea or China or Russia. Brave souls.

I had a bit to do with a Burnmese guy in lock up. Tough people, very tough, built like Polynesians.....supposedly the ancestors of the Polynesians.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Bit of a mess in Israel. I have been talking with an Israeli friend who is an accountant for Pricewaterhousecoopers.

Yesterday he went into his safe room a couple of times. A bomb shelter room is compulsory in Jewish Israeli houses over there.

This thing kicked off when an Israeli court ruled in favour of Jews evicting Palestinians from their homes a few weeks back.

The burning of the Mosque sent things over the edge, interesting site that, from a biblical pov.

Apparently there are Israeli troops massing on the border of the GAZA strip, so possible/probable full scale invasion.

Netanyahu of course benefits from these events in terms of his own political survival, a pattern seen in US politics time and again, Wars mean re-election.

Bottom line is some innocent Israelis will die, and many innocent Palestinians are dying, and will continue to do so.

I grew up seeing the Arabs as the bad guys, and the Jews as the good. That is largely the programming of western socio religious doctrine / media portrayal.

Now I see Israel as a US proxy for a Anglo Christian war on Islam.

One of these days, one of these events, will kick off big war. Pretty shithouse timing if that happens now, although it is never a good time to have multiple countries at war.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Bit of a mess in Israel. I have been talking with an Israeli friend who is an accountant for Pricewaterhousecoopers.

Yesterday he went into his safe room a couple of times. A bomb shelter room is compulsory in Jewish Israeli houses over there.

This thing kicked off when an Israeli court ruled in favour of Jews evicting Palestinians from their homes a few weeks back.

The burning of the Mosque sent things over the edge, interesting site that, from a biblical pov.

Apparently there are Israeli troops massing on the border of the GAZA strip, so possible/probable full scale invasion.

Netanyahu of course benefits from these events in terms of his own political survival, a pattern seen in US politics time and again, Wars mean re-election.

Bottom line is some innocent Israelis will die, and many innocent Palestinians are dying, and will continue to do so.

I grew up seeing the Arabs as the bad guys, and the Jews as the good. That is largely the programming of western socio religious doctrine / media portrayal.

Now I see Israel as a US proxy for a Anglo Christian war on Islam.

One of these days, one of these events, will kick off big war. Pretty shithouse timing if that happens now, although it is never a good time to have multiple countries at war.
Hamas have Russia, Turkey and Iran onside, this year could make 2020 look like the good old days if they're insane enough to try taking Gaza.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Hamas have Russia, Turkey and Iran onside, this year could make 2020 look like the good old days if they're insane enough to try taking Gaza.
Yeah pretty much the entire middle east too....and countries like Pakistan and Indonesia side with their Muslim brothers.

Some calm needed here.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016

I feel for the Tongan people, when is Auckland due?
East Coast should get a little surge at 9.15pm according to this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...rning-after-undersea-volcano-erupts/100759102
Not sure how to use twitter that well but the doctors account has some great footage.
Glad it didn't happen while I was up on the kermadec islands. Stay strong tonga

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
East Coast should get a little surge at 9.15pm according to this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...rning-after-undersea-volcano-erupts/100759102
Not sure how to use twitter that well but the doctors account has some great footage.
Glad it didn't happen while I was up on the kermadec islands. Stay strong tonga
Scary article, with how active it’s been in recent times it would suggest there’s more to come. Was sitting out having a few beers with my old man, his mrs and my wife last night and could hear it before it was reported and wondered what the hell it was as it was so loud at times. We’re just south of the Bombay hills and it sounded like bombs or explosives. My wife and I were in Samoa in 2009 when they had their tsunami. I awoke that morning to the most violent shaking and disoriented I finally clicked to what was happening and told my wife to get up as she can sleep through an 8.0 or so earthquake. Fortunately we were high up in Vailima but the strength of nature really is something to behold. Very much second that to stay strong Tonga.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Glad the Whanau are leaving the beach house today to come home from the Coromandel.

You just don't know if the eruption is a little warning of a bigger eruption, not much opinion being offered on that at the moment because the size of this eruption and the collapse of the crater wall into the sea was unexpected.

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
Scary article, with how active it’s been in recent times it would suggest there’s more to come. Was sitting out having a few beers with my old man, his mrs and my wife last night and could hear it before it was reported and wondered what the hell it was as it was so loud at times. We’re just south of the Bombay hills and it sounded like bombs or explosives. My wife and I were in Samoa in 2009 when they had their tsunami. I awoke that morning to the most violent shaking and disoriented I finally clicked to what was happening and told my wife to get up as she can sleep through an 8.0 or so earthquake. Fortunately we were high up in Vailima but the strength of nature really is something to behold. Very much second that to stay strong Tonga.
Wow, crazy you could hear that South Side of bombay (what time you think it was Mr wolf🙄) looking at the volcanic cloud build up guess it was pretty impressive. Mate said a few boats sunk in tutukaka marina due to it.