Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm giving him air in the context of the government that's in power, and in a wider context of having the conspiracy madness at the seat of power in our country.

I'm surprised that more people here aren't concerned about that, amongst other behaviour that left or right is downright antidemocratic by this current government.
they’re in power, so we will see results or they’ll be accountable. (unlikely)
the last lot aren’t though so they can say anything the like and get away with it.

hipkins in particular seems to have +80000 backbone now compared to when he was PM because anything he says means bupkis

Last edited:
Agree. But for a road to zero you stop the accidents happening in the first place don’t you? Address the root causes?

It’s never going to zero if we just make the accidents not quite as bad.

99% of our road safety is about speed but 95% of causes isn’t speed.
So NZ was stupid enough to put a figure on the reduced toll. Australian politicians are too slippery. But to prove the point, ask your local MP how much they’d spend to achieve zero. 100million? 10Billion? 1trillion? And you’ll realise there is no limit to how much they’ll spend to not achieve their goals.

I'm giving him air in the context of the government that's in power, and in a wider context of having the conspiracy madness at the seat of power in our country.

I'm surprised that more people here aren't concerned about that, amongst other behaviour that left or right is downright antidemocratic by this current government.
Interesting watch on q and a this morning and simeon brown not ruling out councils being forced to amalgamate regarding water reform in place of three waters. It was put to him that Carterton mayor Ron mark stating they are sorted water wise until 2040 but a neighbouring region is struggling to which under the proposed amalgamations that successful and well stocked parts will be lumbered with poor performing areas as would be the case for Carterton. Think rates are going to absolutely skyrocket

they’re in power, so we will see results or they’ll be accountable.
the last lot aren’t so they can say anything the like and get away with it.

hipkins in particular seems to have +80000 backbone now compared to when he was PM because anything he says means bupkis
True about the Hipster but Winnie also seems to be able to say any inflammatory bullshit he wants to his crowd without consequence, that's a bit of a worry too as our deputy PM. When did Godwin's law become an acceptable part of our govt?

True about the Hipster but Winnie also seems to be able to say any inflammatory bullshit he wants to his crowd without consequence, that's a bit of a worry too as our deputy PM.
Would love to see him chumbawumbaed in court the smarmy prick but it’s just another bill that us the taxpayer would be picking up for him with all his courtroom endeavours. Fascinating thing politics, he now forms a government with national and his dealings with them before this were us paying for his gripe with Anne tolley and paula Bennett for telling us all he’s ripping the system off

Last edited:
Interesting watch on q and a this morning and simeon brown not ruling out councils being forced to amalgamate regarding water reform in place of three waters. It was put to him that Carterton mayor Ron mark stating they are sorted water wise until 2040 but a neighbouring region is struggling to which under the proposed amalgamations that successful and well stocked parts will be lumbered with poor performing areas as would be the case for Carterton. Think rates are going to absolutely skyrocket
Privatisation coming. There's a narrative being sown, in my opinion of course, but it's following a well trod pattern. Crisis, manufactured or otherwise, instant solution in PPPs or outright asset sales.

We've been here before and the results have only gone one way, and that's the wealth going upwards.

I wonder what areas would be happy to work with Tauranga or Invercargill or Wellington or many other councils that are struggling already

Privatisation coming. There's a narrative being sown, in my opinion of course, but it's following a well trod pattern. Crisis, manufactured or otherwise, instant solution in PPPs or outright asset sales.

We've been here before and the results have only gone one way, and that's the wealth going upwards.
Come to a league forum, end up pondering the official cash rate's effect on inflation and getting worried sick about the neoliberal elite plotting against us. Thank Christ the Manly game's started.

Back