Pick Your Team 2023 Finals Week 1 - Penrith vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently we’re the easy path. Fire up boys

Funnily enough, a mate of mine calls our boys the 'Mt Smart Mud Dogs'....

Attachments

• waterboy-tacklin-fuel.gif
    waterboy-tacklin-fuel.gif
    902.9 KB · Views: 71

If I was the broncos I wouldn’t want to play the storm either- I think that’s a bad match up for them and they know it.
Storm to win that one.

Flying over in a private jet is a good move. Yes as much normal preparation as possible is a good thing. But reducing some of the time involved with the travel commitments would help our preparation.

The owner said he'll invest and do what is required to win a premiership. I like this move.

Seen some discussion on the resting of players in the final rounds. Andrew Johns wanting to increase the minor premiership money so fans still see the best players. That still wouldn't have helped for us and the Storm as we had a top 4 spot locked up but couldn't win the minor premiership.

From a Warriors point of view this was a good situation which we haven't been in for a long time. A spot locked up in the 8 with a second life.

Our guys will be nursing injuries like other teams after a such a long season. The travel also would wear on our guys so a week of rest for a few key guys.

The travel is one thing that hasn't been mentioned as the media all focus on the Australian based clubs.

oh yes I believe
We lost 18 to 6 to them earlier this year but
1) Dylan walker was our stand off that game and he didn’t do well at stand off. A rusty tmm will be much better
2) Mitch Barnett wasn’t playing
3 they are missing luai

All those three notes are easy worth making up the 12 points we lost by last
Webby will be true to form and pick the best team available. I hope he does not pick Jazz unless his hammy has been 100% tested over multiple days.

1: CHZ
2: DWZ
3: Berry
4: Pompey
5: Montoya
6: TMM
7: SJ
8:AFB
9: Egan
10: Bunty
11: Niukore
12: Curren
13: Tohu

14: Walker
15: Ford
16: Barnett
17: Siro

18: Lussick
Based on how injury prone Egan has been this season then lussick must get a bench spot ahead of Sironen

Imagine being a Warriors player right now and seeing the support from all of NZ and then the owner arranging a private jet - something unprecedented for the Warriors.

If that - along with Webbys belief in you - doesn't instill confidence I don't know if anything ever will.

Everyone knows Penrith at home is a huge challenge, no one's saying it's not. But our players are more than capable of causing an upset. Imo if we play the way we did against Canberra...soak up the pressure and keep the scoreboard to a minimum in that first 20..it's fucking on

Year of the ambush baby

Honestly you can put the private jet down to the band wagon

The additional revenue through the gate this year will have far exceeded targets and budgets.

The Jet is reinvested gate profits I reckon

Gees that’s rough, he done more than make a couple of leg tackles 🤣
Yeah it is aye haha.
I like Bunty and he has done a major job for us.

Based on impact and momentum and the scenario. Im probably a bit eager to find something extra, and a little outside the box we could use to find an upset.

Bunty is a solid role player. Although it did look like on the weekend he was giving a bit extra with a shimmy at the line and a couple of extra leg pumps after contact.

I mean their choices were a team they haven't beaten since 2009 at Suncorp or a team they beat without their origin players

Nothing in this, just media shit stirring

Lussick for Siro for me. Can cover Egan if needed or even come on for a quick tackle bot session in the forwards if needed. I don't think it's a wasted spot. Then Walker, Jazz and Barnett with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back