General Will the Warriors last for the remainder of 2020?

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
The way it is reported it sounds like the club or most of the squad will come home. Then you hear that it is 2-3 players.

I'd say the club will see out the season but there is a good chance that the side playing the last game is a lot different to the one that went back over there for the competition restart. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish with quite a few loan players.

The guys rumoured to be the ones likely to head back would be tough to replace. Mainly our two first choice wingers, they both provide good metres on early plays but with how hard we make scoring points losing those two would be tough. Fusitua especially as he a good finisher when given some space to work with. Paasi could be covered by Hethrington or Vuniyayawa.

I can understand any of them wanting to come back especially if they have young kids. Pulu having to rush back due to his pregnant wife being in an accident isn't something you want to go through.

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Not sure how they can be considered contractors when they do 100% of their work to one club and have contracts???
I wonder if the definition of contractor is different between Aus and NZ. I am an independent contractor myself in Aus, and only allowed (in the contracts) to work for that client alone for the duration of the contract (6m - years, extendable every 6-12m).

A contractor in NZ can work for many clients at the same time? In Aus, we consider them a freelancer rather than a contractor.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I honestly think if they keep wining games, this whole come home thing might just disappear. Its a lot easier to feel good about change in circumstances when you see an upside.

Also someone said that they should harden up, look at the afl players baulking about playing out of state and inside the same country.

Someone also said that the storm would never act this way, refer to the comments made by Cam Smith about leaving Melb, to stay and play in Sydney when wives etc werent allowed. Having your family with you makes a massive difference.

Reactions: Tragic and Rizzah

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2013
I wonder if the definition of contractor is different between Aus and NZ. I am an independent contractor myself in Aus, and only allowed (in the contracts) to work for that client alone for the duration of the contract (6m - years, extendable every 6-12m).

A contractor in NZ can work for many clients at the same time? In Aus, we consider them a freelancer rather than a contractor.
If I remember correctly, as an independent contractor here you have to work for multiple clients to maintain that status. If you spend too long in one place the IRD can consider you an employee and tax you accordingly.

Reactions: dean

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
I am pretty sure that the families can come to Australia but they would have to quarantine for two weeks.

The warriors are full all intents and purposes Australian residents atm.

If the families want to come here so bad then they will just have to hotel quarantine for two weeks.

Not ideal of course but the option is there

Geoffpublic

Tuning into Payten Place
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
I am pretty sure that the families can come to Australia but they would have to quarantine for two weeks.

The warriors are full all intents and purposes Australian residents atm.

If the families want to come here so bad then they will just have to hotel quarantine for two weeks.

Not ideal of course but the option is there
I haven't seen that anywhere. Do you have a link to ScoMo saying the borders are open to non Australian citizens and residents.
To say their families are welcome because they are there just isn't right. And I would think its never been right. That's why the families weren't on the players applications.

Last edited:

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
That's incorrect. Only open(with enforced quarantine period) to residents, citizens and those that have exemptions.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
If I remember correctly, as an independent contractor here you have to work for multiple clients to maintain that status. If you spend too long in one place the IRD can consider you an employee and tax you accordingly.
Tax as a contractor is often more so not sure that would mean much, i thought it had to do with holiday pay, sick leave etc. Also arent contractors expected to pay their own ACC?

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Tax as a contractor is often more so not sure that would mean much, i thought it had to do with holiday pay, sick leave etc. Also arent contractors expected to pay their own ACC?
A contractor can either go via PAYG via their agency, or setup their own company name (and therefore pay themselves lower to lower their taxable income). No holiday/sick leave pay. Yes you need ACC/Work cover and PI/PL insurances too.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings