General Will the Warriors last for the remainder of 2020?

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I felt the players frustrations yesterday and for the first time , I got the feeling that they weren’t happy. Do you think they’ll survive through the remainder of 2020? I think the NRL will allow them take on loan players if players return home. Hopefully the NRL can influence the Govt in allowing some of the families to visit team members.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Happy = 40-12
Unhappy = 50-6

Think they're just shit

Just like any job if they are unhappy and want to go home that’s fine, but you don’t get paid, simple.
That's pretty simplistic, I'm pretty sure the employment contracts they signed didn't include their current situation as a requirement of their employment.

Now that may not be anyone's fault in particular but I doubt you'd be that thrilled if your boss came in and said, your job now means moving to a different country, living in temporary accommodation and you aren't allowed to see your family for God knows how long.

Throw in a complete change of coach and what ever other shit that's happening we don't know about re their personal situations. I completely understand the unhappiness.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
To be honest my preferred option is that they all go home and for this season the Warriors are made up of fringe NRL young guys living in Australia. I could get behind a bunch of young players hungry to prove themselves more than our current bunch of woe is me idiots.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Reports saying that Fusitua, Ken and Passi want to come home and realise they’re in breach of their contracts. Peyton asking them to stay until 19 July , giving the NRL a chance to get families over. Funny that this is the Cronulla game and their #1 fan is Scott Morrison ... will he have an announcement that week?
if so, the Pheonix should expect similar treatment .

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
That's pretty simplistic, I'm pretty sure the employment contracts they signed didn't include their current situation as a requirement of their employment.

Now that may not be anyone's fault in particular but I doubt you'd be that thrilled if your boss came in and said, your job now means moving to a different country, living in temporary accommodation and you aren't allowed to see your family for God knows how long.

Throw in a complete change of coach and what ever other shit that's happening we don't know about re their personal situations. I completely understand the unhappiness.
I’ve been away from home / family twice, for longer than 7-10 nights.Once for a mates wedding in the UK. My son was young and got sick ... a big strain on my wife. Lucky her Mother and sister helped out - not always easy for some of the team who don’t have family members around to help out! I was doing my mates best man speech and got emotional thinking of my family.
The other time in Oz for work for about 9 days. Family was older but missed them heaps.
I reckon some of the younger guys without family will be happy as can live a single mans life with your mates, training all day in good AU weather, living in a hotel, however ...
it’s a big ask for the guys with families to be away and hopefully the NRL / AU govt can get it sorted soon.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
I reckon some of the younger guys without family will be happy as can live a single mans life with your mates, training all day in good AU weather, living in a hotel, however ...
It would have been more fun if they were allowed to fraternise with the locals, now you bang a couple of 18 year old school girls and everyone gets all shouty about it.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016

But in saying that if my boss said to me we need to gisbourne for 6 months as we have a big contract there or our company will fold, you have two choices. Stay behind and don’t get paid or come along and get paid,? Also the players can’t expect to get anywhere near their salary now if the arnt playing surely? They will want to come home to their family and get paid the full amount. You can guarantee that. Also remember these guys have had a month off which they wouldn’t of normally and were with their immediate family in lock down also. Different strokes for different folks I guess, there will always be some people that miss their family’s more than others, the Aus government need to sort their shit out on this one.

Last edited:

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Reports saying that Fusitua, Ken and Passi want to come home and realise they’re in breach of their contracts. Peyton asking them to stay until 19 July , giving the NRL a chance to get families over. Funny that this is the Cronulla game and their #1 fan is Scott Morrison ... will he have an announcement that week?
if so, the Pheonix should expect similar treatment .
This is a great opportunity. NRL will have to allow us to get loan players.

Get some proper wingers in and see if we really do need propwings.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
But in saying that if my boss said to me we need to gisbourne for 6 months
Big difference is that you could still see your family on days off by driving home if based in Gizzy.
They can’t do this due to COVID. I would have thought that the Aussie passport holders could fly back to Aussie - Blake Green’s family comes to mind.

Reactions: surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
But in saying that if my boss said to me we need to gisbourne for 6 months as we have a big contract there or our company will fold, you have two choices.
Just a couple of points from your example, that makes it irrelevant, Gisbourne is actually in NZ, so in theory you can see your family by either you going home on weekends or they can come to you.

"For 6 months" is an actual known time frame, right now who the fuck knows what may happen with Covid, for all you know every thing turns to shit and JA shuts the borders effective immediately in an hours time.

Also the players can’t expect to get anywhere near their salery now if the arnt playing surely?
No, but how many of us received a full salary during lockdown, no one has stated as far as I'm aware they want full pay to stay at home. The reality is some of them may lose their jobs, just like thousands of other Kiwi's. But that is a decision that needs to be made by the individual. The players at least are in the position to at least have that choice, most of the people that have now lost their jobs didn't get that option, so if someone holds their family above their pay packet who are you to say they are wrong?

They will want to come home to their family and get paid the full amount. You can guarantee that.
That is purely speculation on your part, you have no idea of what any of them want.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Welp. Looks like my post where I speculated that the playing group were weak and looking for a reason to implode wasn’t really off the mark.

It’s unfortunate that they can’t see their families, but considering what a lot of them are making, I can’t say I have much sympathy.

It’s a simplistic view, but after almost a decade of rotating gutless cunts, I’m done empathising. I just don’t really care about the playing groups feelings.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Big difference is that you could still see your family on days off by driving home if based in Gizzy.
They can’t do this due to COVID. I would have thought that the Aussie passport holders could fly back to Aussie - Blake Green’s family comes to mind.
I understand the aussie guys have their family there.

Thats part of the issue with the kiwi guys seeing them with their family.

I don't begrudge any man that wants to put family first.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Welp. Looks like my post where I speculated that the playing group were weak and looking for a reason to implode wasn’t really off the mark.

It’s unfortunate that they can’t see their families, but considering what a lot of them are making, I can’t say I have much sympathy.

It’s a simplistic view, but after almost a decade of rotating gutless cunts, I’m done empathising. I just don’t really care about the playing groups feelings.
Its only a handful of players as well, they should be playing better than when we are at home! We have no travel factor!!!! Just a bunch of weak counts! Come home then guys! Leave your team behind and those that are off contract if you come home your gone!

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings