General Will Issac Luke leave?

daj3_old

Sportal forums are saying Issac Luke may leave the Rabbitohs next season as they have failed to upgrade his contract...apparently it was mentioned on Sports Tonight. Word on the street is he may go to Super League...

I for one hope it's a vicious rumour, but thought my fellow NZWarriors members deserved to hear it now just in case.

Jesbass_old

Thanks, daj3. He'll kill it in the ESL if he goes. I'd suggest offering him a contract, but we already have a plethora of players capable of covering the halves and hooker.

Esoj_old

I hope another nrl club picks him up if he does leave the rabbitohs. He has the class to match it with anyone in the nrl so the nrl should be where he plays. if he does go to the esl I sure hope he comes back.

Jesbass_old

I would hope that winning the World Cup helps Luke to stay in the NRL. Firstly, as it would make him more attractive to prospective clubs, but also because very few ESL players tend to wear the black and white.

AmieJ_old

I hope he doesnt leave the bunnies... Dad would be so upset, and after the year they have had... I really think they need everything they can get...

jahc_old

On the one hand, I hate seeing kiwi talent leave the NRL.. on the other hand, hes a young guy with ability thats worth big bucks. If I was in his shoes, I'd take the big money and run. I know this may grate you NU, but 2 seasons in the ESL would set him up for life.

Kid-Dynamite_old

He won't go!

If the Rabbitohs can't keep him, another NRL club will snap him up just like that! He is that good, he would get numerous offers!

Teams like the Eels, Knights, Raiders could all do with a decent hooker, and then teams like the Broncos, who lost Micheal Ennis, would be looking, and a good possibility would be the Dragons! Wayne Bennett I'm sure would be keen as mustard to have him, I mean Woolford isn't exactly the best there and Dean Young plays better at lock, so the Dragons could be a good possibility if this rumour is true!

I am very confident Issac Luke will be in the NRL for many years to come!

daj3_old

While I wouldn't complain, I think the warriors signing Luke would be unwise. He'd be much better utilized at another club. His style of play would suit us well, but it's a style that Hendo already plays... not necessarily better, but good enough.