General Wildcard weekend....

Would you like to see the Wildcard Weekend go ahead?

• Total voters

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Not a good idea but I can understand why they're throwing it out there. Buck Folding.

Maybe need to go back and have a rethink down another road. No way can the league support 20 teams

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
maybe mods could add a simple poll. I think the results would be overwhelmingly in favour of NO. But i could be wrong

Reactions: mt.wellington

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Or how about this, just change rules and start moving some clubs out of Sydney city and into other untapped markets like Adelaide, Central Queensland and Perth ?
This new chairman is from Queensland so might be clear of the Sydney Mafia. If I recall he couldn't even name Cronulla's home ground when he started. I still think he looks like a muppet though.

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
If they want more games why don't they make the bottom 8 play off for the plate. With similar format to top 8 and have the bottom 8 plate grand final played as curtain raiser to the top 8 grand final

Yeah or they could just do what everybody else has been waiting for them to do and add at least two new teams to competition like Adelaide Thunder, Rockhampton Hound Dogs, Redcliffe Dolphins, or Perth Pirates. That will get you some more games ..

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
This new chairman is from Queensland so might be clear of the Sydney Mafia. If I recall he couldn't even name Cronulla's home ground when he started. I still think he looks like a muppet though.
There was an article from him today about the possibility of relocating a Sydney club to Brisbane...
The Cronulla thing was taken out of context, he was asked who the club from Cronulla was and he claims he thought it meant the club teams that played in the area rather than the Sharks

Edit: here’s the article

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The Cronulla thing was taken out of context, he was asked who the club from Cronulla was and he claims he thought it meant the club teams that played in the area rather than the Sharks
I think I saw the interview, and I cannot remember seeing it that way. I was just impressed he seemed to care little for Sydney.
here’s the article
Good idea in theory, based on population, but it has happened before and was a lemon big time. Brisbane is only slightly bigger than Auckland and there is no way on earth two teams would survive here.

I cannot remember an outfit like the NRL for so many dumb ideas on how to lose money and fans.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
He doesn't need to. Just needs to know how to run a billion dollar business successfully...
It doesn't require an intimate knowledge of the way the game is played on the field, but its not a big ask to learn the names of the 16 professional clubs from the day you take office. And especially so before you do any media interviews.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings