General Why?

sunman_old

We are back at ground zero regarding Cleary and we're we were last year. If you are happy, you're name must be F **dickhead

Robster_old

hmmmmmm

Last year 10 wins, 14 losses

This year. 11 wins, 11 losses (with 2 rounds left)

I actually see a great improvement mate.

warriors4life_old

sunman said:
We are back at ground zero regarding Cleary and we're we were last year. If you are happy, you're name must be F **dickhead

Actually we are a higher position on the ladder now then we were last year and as Robster said we have a better win-loss record.

Jesbass_old

Last year we didn't do enough on the field to be in the top eight. This year, we may well have.

Northern_Union

Very short sighted post dude, we've made improvements across the board on the field. The only reason we're not in the 8 right now is Mick Watson, he's the one you should be venting your anger at!

Jesbass_old

sunman said:

Just as an aside, there's no place for personal insults here. Feel free to disagree with someone else's views, but don't make it personal. ;)

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

i think weve done great this yr, if we win our next two games well finish at 9th position, we finished at like 12th or 11th last yr n to b only 1 spot out of the eight with four points deducted is a great acheivment, i think with all our points next yr well defenetly make it to the eight.

Northern_Union

Jesbass said:
sunman said:

Just as an aside, there's no place for personal insults here. Feel free to disagree with someone else's views, but don't make it personal. ;)

I'd be happy for you to call me a F**dickhead in this instance:)

warriorfaithful*_old

TUAKURA***AHVAN said:
i think weve done great this yr, if we win our next two games well finish at 9th position, we finished at like 12th or 11th last yr n to b only 1 spot out of the eight with four points deducted is a great acheivment, i think with all our points next yr well defenetly make it to the eight.

Yeah exactly. And this year we are playing like a finals team and shoulda probably been in the finals if it wasnt for the -4. Huge improvements have been made this year.

playdaball_old

2006 has been a good year for the Warriors despite the fact they will not make the 8.

Pros
- Add on the lost 4 points and we'd be probably be there. I'm sure it must have had a physcological effect on the team.
-Despite losing many top players ie Jones, Meli, Monty etc - still improving
- Cleary's 50% record thus far
- A great points differental
- The blooding of rookies into the team this year. LY there was only one, Mannering
- Players such as Mannering, Luaki,Ropati delivering on their promise
-A better team culture (as far as I can see)
- There appears to be more structure in place now - both on and off the field

cons
- Lowest crowds ever
- Still some uncertainty over club ownership and financial well being of club
- Letting Webb go yet keeping others such as Sione
- Public not embracing the team

I say bring on 2007

warriorfaithful*_old

playdaball said:
2006 has been a good year for the Warriors despite the fact they will not make the 8.

Pros
- Add on the lost 4 points and we'd be probably be there. I'm sure it must have had a physcological effect on the team.
- The blooding of rookies into the team this year. LY there was only one, Mannering

Just one to add to the pros:

- If we win our last 2 games and get a 13-11 win/loss record it will be the 4th best win/loss record in the history of the club, which would also mean in his debut year, cleary would of coached the warriors to there 4th most succesful year in there history.

AmeriKiwi_old

Sunman simply wants to stir things up around here... I`m not taking the bait. :D

Northern_Union

playdaball said:

Pros

cons
- Lowest crowds ever

I say bring on 2007

Pardon???????

Apart from that your spot on.
Ropati has been the glarring weakness in the team all season.

Esoj_old

as others have said we have come a long way this year. the warriors actually look like a top 8 team and some of the young talent is getting a chance.

the win loss record is also a bit better than what is was last year. the fact we lost 4 points and the table is very close means that the overall picture is distorted a little bit of what the actual picture is. the future is very bright for a our team despite missing the top eight, cleary is doing a fine job and we are very much ahead of square 1.

Skinny_Ravs82

Guys, it's one person out of majoriy of us who is unhappy. I'm pleased with this side becuase after last year, the life after Stacey things has been great. We've grown in leaps and bounds in terms of performance, there's been improvements in all areas.

Go the Warriors!

playdaball_old

RS_Dragon said:
playdaball said:

Pros

cons
- Lowest crowds ever

I say bring on 2007

Pardon???????

I don't think he has been that bad. The team's win/loss ratio would be a lot better when he is at 5/8 than the likes of Sione (not a good move) or Ravs/Fien etc.

Further evidence was shown today with his 4 try haul.

Jesbass_old

RS_Dragon said:
Jesbass said:
sunman said:

I'd be happy for you to call me a F**dickhead in this instance:)

What I do in my spare time has nothing to do with this thread... :lol: :p :lol:

-Dr.J-_old

RS_Dragon said:
playdaball said:

Pros

cons
- Lowest crowds ever

I say bring on 2007

Pardon???????

..He says, with Toopi as his fave player :lol: