General why the warriors aren't winning games!!!!!!!+Vatuvei

  • Thread starter danielspencer2_old
  • Start date

danielspencer2_old

Guest
They get to the oppositions tryline and they do NOT score. how many times were the warriors down by brisbane's tryline and they didn't score. more than 3 times. Did u see near the end of the game desperation set in and the warriors were throwing long wide passes. God dammnit, why don't they throw long wide passes all the time!See when price through that long pass near the end of it went out, well if they'd thrown passes like that all day they could of score. Lockeyer threw heaps of long wide passes and they scored.

what was up with Koopu!!!!!! Goshhhhh that guy always holds the ball with one hand! He should hold the ball with 2 hands. EVen after he dropped the ball the 1st time, the 2nd time he still held the ball with one hand. Whats up with that.




Man we've gotta win all games from now on to make the top8. Hopefully vatuvei is back on the right wing,martin at centre, koopu in forwards and Louis anderson on the bench.



It was a good game fom the warriors and much improved. Loved the defence. nothing wrong there. Just we need to practive attack. I was please to see the forwards leg driving and making good metres and i also saw the banana kick. We need to attacking options next to the goal line. They warriors neeed to practive that in training.
 

MiXmasterreece_old

Guest
im sure they do practise attack at training mate.

Its all confindence at the moment
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
danielspencer2 said:
They get to the oppositions tryline and they do NOT score. how many times were the warriors down by brisbane's tryline and they didn't score. more than 3 times. Did u see near the end of the game desperation set in and the warriors were throwing long wide passes. God dammnit, why don't they throw long wide passes all the time!See when price through that long pass near the end of it went out, well if they'd thrown passes like that all day they could of score. Lockeyer threw heaps of long wide passes and they scored.

what was up with Koopu!!!!!! Goshhhhh that guy always holds the ball with one hand! He should hold the ball with 2 hands. EVen after he dropped the ball the 1st time, the 2nd time he still held the ball with one hand. Whats up with that.



Man we've gotta win all games from now on to make the top8. Hopefully vatuvei is back on the right wing,martin at centre, koopu in forwards and Louis anderson on the bench.



It was a good game fom the warriors and much improved. Loved the defence. nothing wrong there. Just we need to practive attack. I was please to see the forwards leg driving and making good metres and i also saw the banana kick. We need to attacking options next to the goal line. They warriors neeed to practive that in training.



Yeah fair enough comments. We cant seem to convert possesion into points at times but it will come. And we only need to win 10 out of our last 12 to make the 8 lol winning all of them would get us there to though!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Daniel Spencer 2,
that's the problem that's been facing the Warriors for nearly three seasons...sadly

But while some might give up on ad them...as I keep saying. I never do!! Warriors al the way!!
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Daniel Spencer 2,
that's the problem that's been facing the Warriors for nearly three seasons...sadly

But while some might give up on ad them...as I keep saying. I never do!! Warriors al the way!!

Dont forget me skinny ravs im with you all the way on not giving up on them. WARRIORS ALL THE WAY!!!!!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
warriorfaithful* said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Daniel Spencer 2,
that's the problem that's been facing the Warriors for nearly three seasons...sadly

But while some might give up on ad them...as I keep saying. I never do!! Warriors al the way!!

Dont forget me skinny ravs im with you all the way on not giving up on them. WARRIORS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Definitely! We fly the flag loud and proud :D
**grabs her own Warriors team flag and waves**. I actually keep the flag on my desk so it's always there
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
Getting to the tryline has never been a problem for the Warriors. In the last 2-3 rounds though we've looked much more dangerous close to the line with Fien and Rovelli combining.

There are still those occasions when nobody takes control. A couple of times we had pointless sets of six on the Broncos line. Dummy half runs, one out hitups, they work sometimes but ball movement and hole running close to the line is a better idea.

I think Rovelli could really grow into that leadership role. He showed how good his kicking game could be against the Broncos. He's also displayed a nice pass and great footwork. More than anything though I've been impressed with his speed. When Darius Boyd (One of the Broncos fastest) got on the outside I thought we were in trouble but Rovelli covered it nicely. Sure he had the angle and all he had to do was push Boyd (that cracked me up seeing him go flying over the sideline) but Rovelli showed some toe. It's a matter of finding consistency for him now.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriorfaithful* said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Daniel Spencer 2,
that's the problem that's been facing the Warriors for nearly three seasons...sadly

But while some might give up on ad them...as I keep saying. I never do!! Warriors al the way!!

Dont forget me skinny ravs im with you all the way on not giving up on them. WARRIORS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Definitely! We fly the flag loud and proud :D
**grabs her own Warriors team flag and waves**. I actually keep the flag on my desk so it's always there


Lol thats awesome. Dont have a warriors flag aye. I wear the jersey with pride though lol.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
LOL yeah it was seeing that Bronco go flying into touch..Superman!! Ravs has covered a bit of defence thou. Remember against the Sharks...he ended up chasing Nigel right down to the tryline...and just about stopped him from getting that try.
Yeah I'd like to see him get a bit more consistant and he's getting there. Still notice he does get a bit tired for a short while esp in the second half (but with that game yesterday, who wouldn't be breathing hard). In that Broncos match he also had one of the Bronco forwards rushing up on him on last tackle and he managed to dodge him and by a bit more time to kick? :D He's on the up.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
LOL yeah it was seeing that Bronco go flying into touch..Superman!! Ravs has covered a bit of defence thou. Remember against the Sharks...he ended up chasing Nigel right down to the tryline...and just about stopped him from getting that try.
Yeah I'd like to see him get a bit more consistant and he's getting there. Still notice he does get a bit tired for a short while esp in the second half (but with that game yesterday, who wouldn't be breathing hard). In that Broncos match he also had one of the Bronco forwards rushing up on him on last tackle and he managed to dodge him and by a bit more time to kick? :D He's on the up.


Rovelli is improving every game. I think he can becom one of the better halfbacks in the nrl. Give him a year or two we've got him til 2010.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Should be interesting to see how he goes this weekend thou...Roosters...he having played in their second grade side the last few years...hmmm...a point to prove to Sticky Stuart perhaps.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
I saw this letter in Rugby League Week, thought it was pretty good:

"Maybe Ricky Stuart got it wrong last year when he selected Jamie Soward from the bench of Premier League to play first grade, overlooking the starting No. 7 in Premier League, Grant Rovelli.
This year, former Premier League premiership coach Ivan Cleary took the reins of the Warriors and was quick to get Rovelli there into the full-time squad.
After starting the season in the uncustomary position of interchange hooker, Rovelli has gone from strength to strength and has pushed former Origin player Nathan Fien into the hooking role.
With every game he gets under his belt, Rovelli is showing his potential and the Warriors are improving as a result.
His great footwork and form convinced the Warriors to sign him to a long-term deal.
Ricky, you let a good one get away."

John Wright,
Mooroobool, Qld
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Yes, I remember reading that letter, it is food for thought I'd say. But ya know Ricky; he never goes back on his word apparently. Doesn't like to admit he's wrong.
Ravs is going to shine through at some point; maybe not right now but in years to come he will. I ain't saying he's bad now coz he's already shown us he's got something special about him.
I think I said at the start of the year that he won't be one that will be obvious but he'll more than likely be a slow burner, and surprise you in the end.

As for being a rookie of the year...maybe not for the NRL overall, but might be a shoe in as the Warriors rookie of the year. But they've had some good ones this year too.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Could Rovelli be a bolter for Rookie of the Year?


Yea pretty good possibility(for the warriors anyway) I think Misi Talapapa Could be warriors rookie of the year if he keeps playing the way he is and not getting dropped for behavioural issues lol.
 

JonB_old

Guest
I think 99% is not doing things smart on the field coaching and adminstartion.
the other 1% is bad luck.
 

sebastian_old

Guest
If ravs had a decent kcicker out side him he'd kill it. he's basically doing all the kicking, besides fien helping him now & again. I'm begining to wonder whats more important next year a new 1 or a decent 6. 1's alot easier to replace.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
sebastian said:
If ravs had a decent kcicker out side him he'd kill it. he's basically doing all the kicking, besides fien helping him now & again. I'm begining to wonder whats more important next year a new 1 or a decent 6. 1's alot easier to replace.

Both Rovelli and Fien are sharing the kicking fairly evenly. In the weekend they both did 10 kicks and I think George Gatis did 1.
 

JonB_old

Guest
They should seek advice on kicker from somewhere else like an AFL team, there kicking is incredible.
 

Similar threads

Replies
95
Views
5K
Iafeta_old
Replies
2
Views
775
mrblonde_old
Replies
3
Views
676
The 22 BEAST_old
Replies
18
Views
940
Skinny_Ravs82
rugged
Replies
10
Views
2K
tajhay
tajhay

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings