General Discussion Why Im not for Women in League for the sake of it

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by AusWarriorsFan, Jun 8, 2018.

1. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

Im all for Women In League, but not exploitative or unknowledgeable.

Erin Moylan displacing Fatty just to supposedly get more viewers to 9 due to Matt Johns (how any women could work with him after the NZ disgrace is beyond me) show having more female viewers due to the attractive hostesses. And this is where I get P'd off, these are attractive women, that doesnt mean that know a flap about the sport.

But definitely Mark Graham had the most influence IMO playing the NSW/Winfield Cup and influenced NZ young talent.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

How did an authors opinion piece get bundled up with a dislike for women in league thread? Knowledgable male journalist always get it right? If they dont, do they get castrated over their sex?

Everyone has an opinion. Some even think they are knowledgeable male fans, and post absurd shit on league fan forums.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  3. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

What Tajhay said.

There are oodles of shite journos, and oodles of great ones that write some shite. It's got nada to do with their gender being involved in League.

Having some for the sake of it makes sense to open the doors for more talented journos who may have been intimidated by a boys club.

You could make a case for not having men in league because of that dr something halftime something show (not willing to Google that turd to get the right name) using the same logic.

4. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

I wish I could like this post 100 times.
    There’s a poster on this site that constantly spams threads with the most ridiculous posts. Recently even referring to a certain struggling center as having great defence even though he’s in the top five in the NRL for missed tackles.
    Imagine how piss poor that posters version of that article would be.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

You have to be a subscriber to read the article you quoted in the OP.

Could be somewhat self limiting.

Fortunately you don't rely on this stuff to put bread on your table.

6. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

I wouldn't worry about it mate, there's plenty of blokes in the media offering daft arse opinions already so a few women getting it wrong just evens it up a little.

Exhibit A:
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

7. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Don't watch the footy show so don't care who hosts it.
    I think it's good the girls are getting involved though- can't see why their opinion is worth any less than ours? a chick won our tipping comp last year...
    As far as Mark Graham goes... he's still the man alright- no argument there.

8. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

This woman presents the Super League show on BBC and does the anchor role in some of the live broadcasts. Very knowledgeable on the game she is as well.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. Chief
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Chief Warriors Bench Player

I think the first point the OP made was a good one but the whole post did sound like troll once he included the second part. I do agree that the whole "lets add females to make females watch" is so flawed. Like everyone has said pick people who know footy. Vonny is pretty damn good but some of the chicks they have are just there to make up the numbers. League Life??? Worst show when you think its just a way for women to be on the TV and get woman to watch. I dont know anyone that watches that because its "from the female perspective. Get people that add something to the commentary. Blocker roach adds nothing. No wait. He adds stupidity but thats not what people want to hear.

10. Citygirl
    Join:
    May 3, 2016

Citygirl 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

11. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

League Life has actually had some pretty good interviews / features that you wouldn't get on other shows.

I agree, Blocker needs to go back to radio or maybe just a pub somewhere to voice his opinions.

12. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Mate what drug are they feeding you over there ?

I’m all for men In League, but not exploitative or unknowledgeable either

13. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

How did you get I dislike women in League when I said Im all for it? Perhaps the title of the thread wasnt written well, as the point is the complete opposite and about Gender shouldnt be a deciding factor

14. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

100% agree. And I enjoy Women being involved in the live commentary of the Cricket, because they have played and know what they are talking about.

Not sure how you missed that Taj, is that Fatty losing his job simply for ratings is women in league for the sake of rating is not right, and secondly the article I listed is simply far off the mark imo.

Women shouldnt be exploited for ratings was my point. Which just went over the heads.

READ POSTS before replying please

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Seriously, are you trolling or being serious? I can’t tell half the time

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

17. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Come on read the thread, and what I just quoted.

18. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Ok fair enough I guess?

Rubbish journalism is not gender specific is my point

19. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Yep totally agree CityGirl. Although that wasnt really my point. It was the whole thing about exploiting a gender to get more ratings.

20. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

Im saying the complete opposite. Its not right to place somebody in a role based on their gender to get more TV rankings. Male or female.

For those that dont know what happened, give it a google. Fatty ended up having to say thank you on another show for all the fans of the programme etc over the passed 27 years