Internationals Who would you have in your Kiwi Side?

playdaball_old

Guest
Unsure if ESL players will play, therefore:

1 Webb
2 Webster
3 Whatuira
4 Vagana
5 Vatuvai
6 Marshall
7 Hunt - give him a chance!
8 Wiki
9 Faiumu
10 N. Cayless
11 Kidwell
12 Puletua
13 Toopi - to so the same job that Hape did last year

Halatau
Anderson
Pritchard
Asotasi

Others Sione, Wai, Lolesi, Joe etc etc.
I have probably forgotten somebody
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
1. Brent Webb
2. Jake Webster
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Karmichael Hunt (if available) otherwise ship Thomas Leulaui over from England like they did last year for the ANZAC test.
8. Ruben Wiki (c)
9. Lance Hohaia (gk)
10. Nathan Cayless
11. David Kidwell
12. Tony Puletua
13. Louis Anderson

14. David Faiumu
15. Roy Asotasi
16. Sonny Bill Williams
17. Sione Faumuina
 

northwarrior_old

Guest
playdaball said:
Unsure if ESL players will play, therefore:

1 Webb
2 Webster
3 Whatuira
4 Vagana
5 Vatuvai
6 Marshall
7 Hunt - give him a chance!
8 Wiki
9 Faiumu
10 N. Cayless
11 Kidwell
12 Puletua
13 Toopi - to so the same job that Hape did last year

Halatau
Anderson
Pritchard
Asotasi

Others Sione, Wai, Lolesi, Joe etc etc.
I have probably forgotten somebody
I would find room For Sione at lock/second row
(if fit) also Sonny Bill
Hard choice in the centres Toopi/Vagana/Whatuira on form only.

Hard decisions....and like you say may have forgotten someone
 

commonsense_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
1. Brent Webb
2. Jake Webster
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Karmichael Hunt (if available) otherwise ship Thomas Leulaui over from England like they did last year for the ANZAC test.
8. Ruben Wiki (c)
9. Lance Hohaia (gk)
10. Nathan Cayless
11. David Kidwell
12. Tony Puletua
13. Louis Anderson

14. David Faiumu
15. Roy Asotasi
16. Sonny Bill Williams
17. Sione Faumuina

i definitely like this team.
but in the centres i would put soliola from the roosters and the final spot can be btw toopi and vagana.
 

Robster_old

Guest
1 Karmichael Hunt .
2 Jake Webster
3 Nigel Vagana
4 Paul Whatuira
5 Matt Utai
6 Benji Marshall
7 Thomas Leulaui
8 Ruben Wiki
9 David Faiumu
10 Craig Smith
11 David Kidwell
12 Tony Puletua
13 Louis Anderson

14 Brent Webb
15 Roy Asotasi
16 Pritchard
17 Koopu
 

mac_old

Guest
1. Webb
2. Webster
3. Whatuira
4. Toopi
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Hunt (give him a shot. I'd much rather he play for us than against us).
8. Wiki
9. Faiumu
10. Cayless
11. Kidwell
12. Puleatua
13. Anderson

14. Williams
15. Asotasi
16. Halatua/Pritchard
17. Vagana/Soiala

Some great players there. It's getting hard to pick a side these days. Let's hope everyones fit. Can't wait till May 5th. It's going to be a cracker!!
 

jono_t2000_old

Guest
1. Webb
2. Tupou
3. Whatuira
4. Toopi
5. Vatuvai
6. Marshall
7. Hunt
8. Wiki
9. Faiumu
10. Asotasi
11. Cayless
12. Puletua
13. Sonny Bill

14. Gaulevao
15. Pritchard
16. Webster (to come in as a centre)
17. Anderson

Only 5 warriors in the squad must be an all time low lol
 

JonB_old

Guest
1 Hunt
2 Tupou
3 Toopi
4 Whats
5 Manu
6 Brent Webb
7 Benji Marshall
8 Wiki (c)
9 Hohia
10 Asatasi
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Tony Pulatua
13 Koopu

14 Anderson
15 Sonny Bill
16 Faiumu
17 Cayless
 

Kav_old

Guest
JonB said:
1 Hunt
2 Tupou
3 Toopi
4 Whats
5 Manu
6 Brent Webb
7 Benji Marshall
8 Wiki (c)
9 Hohia
10 Asatasi
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Tony Pulatua
13 Koopu

14 Anderson
15 Sonny Bill
16 Faiumu
17 Cayless

I like your idea of using Webb in the halves where his creativity can be best displayed. Hunt can then take the custodian role where he has better positional sense. I think Cayless has played better than Asostasi this season so I would switch them. The loose forward needs to a ball player and I think Faumuina fits the bill. I like your choice of Sonny Bill on the bench as he is likely to be somewhat underdone.

Kav
 

kiwi man_old

Guest
1.K. Hunt
2.T. Tupou
3.I. Soliola
4.C. Toopi
5.M. Vatuvei
6.B. Marshall
7.B. Webb
8.R. Wiki
9.D. Faiumu
10.R. Asotasi
11.F. Pritchard
12.T. Puletua
13.D. Kidwell

14.J. Ropati
15.N. Cayless
16.H. Maiava
17.S.B. Williams/S. Faumuina
 

Swanley_old

Guest
1: K Hunt
2: Manu V
3: Toopi
4: Vagana
5: Webster
6: Marshall
7: Jones
8: N Cayless
9: Lance H
10: Wiki
11: Puletua
12: Kidwell
13: Sione F

14: Tony
15: Asotasi
16: Pritchard
17: SBW

18: Paul W

I have included some UK players becuase we have not been advised they are unavailable.

I would have picked more (Solomona, Cayless, Rahihi) but have decided against it.
 

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Guest
No offense but Tame Tupou is not very good. He's only scoring tries because Justin Hodges is playing well. I like his sense of humour tho, saw his try against the Eels. He coulda just dived in the corner but he deliberately ran towards Mcklannon with his shoulder in mid air. Then threw a falcon, classic.

1. Brent Webb
2. Jake Webster
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Karmichael Hunt (doubt he will play. So prepare Leuleui)
8. Ruben Wiki (c)
9. Lance Hohaia
10. Nathan Cayless
11. Roy Asotasi
12. Sione Faumuina
13. David Kidwell

14. David Faiumu
15. Louis Anderson
16. Tony Puletua
17. Sonny Bill Williams/ Frank Pritchard


Similar to last years side but without the ESL players, no need to explain. I've included Faumuina hopefully he'll get 'creative' coz the Aussies won't be intimidated easily this time. SBW should be ready to play this selection will boost his confidence. Looking forward to his comeback.
 

ozbash_old

Guest
i,d rather see a hack like martin wear the black jersey than a traitorous mongrel like khunt.
 

Kav_old

Guest
playdaball said:
Perhaps Tony Martin will do a Webb and play for the Kiwis?

At least he can kick goals; otherwise it's the excruciating slowness of Brent Webb or the erratic form of Sione and Lance.

May be Karmichael can kick?
 

PHANTOM MENACE_old

Guest
Just read in the paper the following players are out of contention for the Anzac test

Paleasiina
Lauatiiti
Rauhihi

Plus the judiciary usually will take a couple out as well
 

edguy_old

Guest
Thats my team !!!!lol

1.b webb
2.m utai
3.I. Soliola
4.C. Toopi
5.j webster
6.B. Marshall
7.special k
8.R. Wiki
9.D. Faiumu
10.R. Asotasi
11.Sione gk
12.d kidwell
13.sonny bill

14.J. Ropati
15.N. Cayless
16.11.F. Pritchard
17.T. Puletua
 

playdaball_old

Guest
PHANTOM MENACE said:
Just read in the paper the following players are out of contention for the Anzac test

Paleasiina
Lauatiiti
Rauhihi

Plus the judiciary usually will take a couple out as well

Plus Robbie Paul (if he was in the mix)
 

Similar threads

Replies
13
Views
1K
Sinbad_old
Replies
23
Views
2K
Jesbass_old
Replies
12
Views
1K
*Kimmy*_old
Replies
95
Views
7K
Sup42
Sup42
Replies
2
Views
938
Kiwi League_old