General Who will coach the Warriors 2020???

Who do you want to coach the Warriors?

• Nathan Brown

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Geoff Toovey

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 45 22.0%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Walker brothers

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • John Cartwright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Wane

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • Todd Payton

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Stacey Jones

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Iro

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Kristain Woolf

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • Wayne Bennett

Votes: 31 15.1%
  • Michael McGuire

Votes: 15 7.3%
  • Justin Morgan

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Daniel Anderson

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Craig Bellamy

Votes: 40 19.5%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
We seemed to do OK when Steve McNamara was around...but he's not on the radar? Would need a translator tho, same as with UK Wayne.
I rate Steve McNamara. Our problem has been we need somebody who can handle the bros, that was SK, but also somebody who was a complete manager, that is not SK, nor does he seem to have it in tactics.

Steve McNamara is a proven assistant, that has been shown to be a big step up except for a type like Trent Robinson.

This club needs a sorting out with somebody like Wayne Bennett, who really was only a managing director/performance counselor in one. Having said that Bennett would either have to learn to handle the bros or cull them back Crusaders style. I think he would go for the latter.

This club needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
If Bellyache is not too interested in coaching after his current contract would he consider a Director of Football position with the Warriors.
It would be a nice cruisy retirement option for the old warhorse :cool:
CG might have other ideas of course !!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If Bellyache is not too interested in coaching after his current contract would he consider a Director of Football position with the Warriors.
It would be a nice cruisy retirement option for the old warhorse :cool:
CG might have other ideas of course !!
If I had to guess, and assuming Robinson has a decent brain, CG would not be part of his long term plans, especially on football matters. The guy is a racing steward.

Robinson needs somebody who has an idea of what to do, and the confidence to leave it to him to get on with. Sort of what Penrith did with Phil Gould, except Phil was too full of himself.

The closest we have had that here is Mad Mick and Anderson, as well as John Hart and Ivan Cleary. The major problem with both of those scenarios was Eric Watson failing to spend money on development,

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
If I had to guess, and assuming Robinson has a decent brain, CG would not be part of his long term plans, especially on football matters. The guy is a racing steward.

Robinson needs somebody who has an idea of what to do, and the confidence to leave it to him to get on with. Sort of what Penrith did with Phil Gould, except Phil was too full of himself.

The closest we have had that here is Mad Mick and Anderson, as well as John Hart and Ivan Cleary. The major problem with both of those scenarios was Eric Watson failing to spend money on development,
Can guarantee Cleary would not be interested in going over ploughed ground.Maybe John Hart may be interested as an adviser?I would like to see us get rid of Iro altogether & probably Stacey as well.Obviously CG has to be arseholed as well.Whole joint needs a clean out.Try to get the ESL guy .He wont take any shit or cry babies.Lets have John Ackland to have some input for local knowledge. Just my opinion

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Can guarantee Cleary would not be interested in going over ploughed ground.Maybe John Hart may be interested as an adviser?I would like to see us get rid of Iro altogether & probably Stacey as well.Obviously CG has to be arseholed as well.Whole joint needs a clean out.Try to get the ESL guy .He wont take any shit or cry babies.Lets have John Ackland to have some input for local knowledge. Just my opinion
I don't mind a stacy mannering combo at training? Definitely iro gone!!! But we all know that's not happening. John Ackland and Peter O'Sullivan! Fuck we would be balling!!! I actually have huge respect for ackland, hated it when he left.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
I don't mind a stacy mannering combo at training? Definitely iro gone!!! But we all know that's not happening. John Ackland and Peter O'Sullivan! Fuck we would be balling!!! I actually have huge respect for ackland, hated it when he left.
Me to .He was sensational bringing & keeping the kids (until they made first grade).Won plenty of comps/titles with the Juniors.I wonder what he could have done with those young guys coming thru

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Me to .He was sensational bringing & keeping the kids (until they made first grade).Won plenty of comps/titles with the Juniors.I wonder what he could have done with those young guys coming thru
He lost out on the argument between keeping them in under 20s or taking them to reserves. He was on his own with that argument and IMO probably was right for white boys but wrong for the Polynesian boys. They need to be belted by big guys as early as possible.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
He lost out on the argument between keeping them in under 20s or taking them to reserves. He was on his own with that argument and IMO probably was right for white boys but wrong for the Polynesian boys. They need to be belted by big guys as early as possible.
Yeah he may have lost that argument but all that has turned to shit anyway

Reactions: bruce

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings