General Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harlz

Harlz

We all know what Sam Moa brings. Prior to this season he was a premier prop much like our boy Matulino. Moa brings a steel edge to the middle and hits the line like a mini dump truck. If he's currently on 100k then I'd give him around the same figure here

• Haha
Reactions: fizurg
Blain

Blain

Lol $100K? Yeah man I'd take him for that. Apparently was after an un realistic amount when we were talking to him earlier in the season ($400k-$500k+). He's a kiwi prop, he'll be after at least $300k.

I don't think he'd be worth that for us, although I'd take him for a 1 year deal if we have cash left over (which I can't imagine we'd have much, with Foran coming).

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Gee, Mitch Rein is a pretty good player to not have interest. The NRL must be hooker rich at the moment with clubs happy to see him and Segeyaro head off-shore.

Hardaker might be worth an inquiry, but then we'd be starting to build the dickhead brigade up again.

Reactions: Weno

Lets Gone

Earlier in the year i wasn't to keen on Sam Moa. But now thinking about it, seeing where our prop stocks are. If we could get him for cheap, he wouldn't be a bad pick up. Could have a good impact coming off the bench. With a rotation of;

Matulino: injury free, kearney to push him during the off season, a few more offloads.
Lillyman: solid, nothing fancy football
Vete: energy, young, another pre season to develop

Moa: run it hard to the line, wont be skipping to the line, would have good impact coming off the bench

Sipley and Lisone to continue to develop, and be cover.

Reactions: mt.wellington
snake77

snake77

If we could get Moa for the little cap space I'm guessing we have remaining I'd be in favour of it. If we couldn't reach an agreement last year when we probably had more to spend I can't see him coming here and it either re-sign with the Roosters or Manly.

I've haven't watched a great deal of Roosters matches this year. But I have spent some time watching Moa when I have been watching the Roosters. He hasn't been hitting the line as hard as previous years but has been passing more before the line.

Chchwarrior

Gee, Mitch Rein is a pretty good player to not have interest. The NRL must be hooker rich at the moment with clubs happy to see him and Segeyaro head off-shore.

Hardaker might be worth an inquiry, but then we'd be starting to build the dickhead brigade up again.
Rein is terrible. Can't pass. Constantly puts his forwards under pressure. I'd take hardarker if the price is cheap. Good player

Reactions: Defence
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Rein is terrible. Can't pass. Constantly puts his forwards under pressure. I'd take hardarker if the price is cheap. Good player

Not saying Rein is the next Cam Smith, but if he is not in the top 16 hookers in the game then the NRLs hooking berths are very strong. There was a lot of talk about him being the Blues hooker if Farah was unfit this year.

Horriors2014

Horriors2014

Not sure if this is the right thread. But I read the Feki collumn in Stuff. With his mum seriously ill, he's getting homesick. I think with JD's smooth-talking it's quite on the cards to recruit him-IF the club wanted him. He was a solid centre in U20s. These days I reckon he has solidified that reputation. He could really compliment Kata and Fusitua. I would choose a big prop/attacking second rower over a centre, but I wouldn't say no to Feki if it was at minimal cost.

brightman

brightman

Not sure if this is the right thread. But I read the Feki collumn in Stuff. With his mum seriously ill, he's getting homesick. I think with JD's smooth-talking it's quite on the cards to recruit him-IF the club wanted him. He was a solid centre in U20s. These days I reckon he has solidified that reputation. He could really compliment Kata and Fusitua. I would choose a big prop/attacking second rower over a centre, but I wouldn't say no to Feki if it was at minimal cost.
I like it, Sean O'Sullivan & Beale have been solid and are now going to be GF experienced too!

Reactions: The Cheap Seats

diehard

We need a winger. Manu to the forwards. Feki would be perfect!

Jay M

Jay M

Contributor
Not saying Rein is the next Cam Smith, but if he is not in the top 16 hookers in the game then the NRLs hooking berths are very strong. There was a lot of talk about him being the Blues hooker if Farah was unfit this year.

he might be in the top 16. just. I wouldn't have him in the top 10 though. I'd prefer all of the following, and maybe some others over Rein.

Smith
Luke (maybe a bit of reputation there, but I would still rather have Luke than Rein in my side any day)
McCullough
Granville
Segeyaro (yes, he may have fallen out of favour at the panthers, but devastating at his best)
Farah
Ennis (retiring - but on current form > Rein)
Lichaa
Peats
Koroisau
J Friend
Hodgson

Reactions: Defence
Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Take Moa if he's cheap. They really need to lose Manu. Yes he still has plenty to offer. But he's on too much money for a average first grader.

Mao isn't very big. He had a big heart when his bro SBW was at the Roosters. These days, he's slowly winding it down.

Would be a bad buy having him.

We need size and skill. Moa doesn't fill that requirement. I would rather see Manu reev it up in the forwards.

brightman

brightman

o_Oso in other words even if he's the rake for the wooden spooners and potentially the perennial losers NSW he's top 16 in his position?

Does that include u20s?

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington
Jay M

Jay M

Contributor
Would anyone trade Lillyman for Hannant?

I would because I think Hannant is a better player (off the bench) than Lillyman.

That being said - didn't he get homesick for Qld when he was at the Bulldogs and wanted an early release? i.e. probably wouldn't want to come here.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
o_Oso in other words even if he's the rake for the wooden spooners and potentially the perennial losers NSW he's top 16 in his position?

Does that include u20s?

Honestly, you are so determined to have a bitch fight you read what you want into others posts to try and make it happen.

Rein is no favourite of mine.

I am just surprised he hasn't been offered a contract in the NRL for 2017 given there would be 25 hookers playing in FG each week. Much the same as I was surprised when Pritchard, Soward, Segeyaro, Moa or several others didn't get much interest before they left to SL. I guess a form slump in the second half of this year in a cellar-dwelling team has lessened his stocks, but personally I think he still has plenty to offer in the NRL. I am well aware there are many hookers better than him, that was not my point.

But feel free to try to insinuate that I think he should lace up for Australia in the four nations. Fuck this place is getting pettier by the week.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Honestly, you are so determined to have a bitch fight you read what you want into others posts to try and make it happen.

Rein is no favourite of mine.

I am just surprised he hasn't been offered a contract in the NRL for 2017 given there would be 25 hookers playing in FG each week. Much the same as I was surprised when Pritchard, Soward, Segeyaro, Moa or several others didn't get much interest before they left to SL. I guess a form slump in the second half of this year in a cellar-dwelling team has lessened his stocks, but personally I think he still has plenty to offer in the NRL. I am well aware there are many hookers better than him, that was not my point.

But feel free to try to insinuate that I think he should lace up for Australia in the four nations. Fuck this place is getting pettier by the week.
Don't worry bro.
Its just a couple of bad eggs looking for a fight. Just do as i do nowadays take it with a grain of salt. The more you give them the more they sucker you in.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.