General Who should be looking to sign for 2007 & 2008??

ToiletDuck_old

High profile Australian players are never going to go to the warriors when they're on top of their game. The warriors get so little coverage in Australia, and yes it involves moving to a different country. Also lifestyle is another thing, even if you do offer them 50k more, they are almost certainly not going to move if they can stay in their home city with friends, family etc. Plus the mere fact that the warriors have to offer players more than Australian based teams puts us on the backfoot from the start. Their best bet is smart scouting, and taking a chance on players like Rovelli, without spending half the salary cap on someone who overrated.

And why are people obsessed with bringing Aussie based NZ players back to the warriors? The players with flare, like SBW etc succeed because they are more often than not surrounded by a steady team, allowing them to play an expansive game. As fun as it would be to have 13 Sione's running around the field..it just doesn't work without the no nonsense, steadying influence to back it up, something the Warriors have been lacking.

sebastian_old

David James said:
sebastian said:
& when you take into account NZ tax is cheaper than in Australia

Ermmmm what Tax structure are you looking at?

This is one reason they would NOT want to come to NZ, as our Government takes a bigger slice of the pie than the Australian Government does.

I've been told ever since the Rubes & Price articles about coming over in the incentives section it mentioned that the NZ tax is cheaper than Australia, if i'm wrong i stand to be corrected but i've read it myself at sometime.

Lego_Man_old

Australia has less income tax for most earners, but they also have a large number of other extra taxes like capital gains tax and estate tax, which can up the tax bill significantly.

ozwi_old

I agree we need a finisher someone to score 20 tries in a season, plus we need quality leaders once wiki price go not much experience left Shaun Berrigan would fit, Josh Hannay would have been perfect for next year at 150k Cowboys speedster like Bowen/Williams would suit overall we need some good leaders who come from other coaching environments and bring new ideas and thinking to the club we will need a work horse prop too we produce the big boppers like evarn, jerry, pala but not the 60 minute men like price

David James_old

sebastian said:
David James said:
sebastian said:
& when you take into account NZ tax is cheaper than in Australia

Ermmmm what Tax structure are you looking at?

This is one reason they would NOT want to come to NZ, as our Government takes a bigger slice of the pie than the Australian Government does.

I've been told ever since the Rubes & Price articles about coming over in the incentives section it mentioned that the NZ tax is cheaper than Australia, if i'm wrong i stand to be corrected but i've read it myself at sometime.

If its been in an article then I find it very interesting, maybe they were on about some other taxs or loopholes for certain things.

But in general terms income tax is lower in Oz, there has been lots of press in NZ about the amount of people moving to Oz of late due to the lower income tax etc.

I myself know of several close friends and family members crossing the ditch mainly for financial reasons, hey they gotta be able to retire somehow.

patty_old

next year we can defintaly make some big signings, with price gone and the payments being pushed back finished that leaves around 800,000! let alone the cap expandinq! what we need to sign is another prop like price ( NO WHERE NEAR EXPENSIVIVE) and i was going to get a 5/8 but im interested to see how witt goes now so we mightent have to. wat we need to get is speed in the back line, i would look at a williams or roberts, although i hate them both.