Sports UFC / MMA

Let him off a bit in that round after getting him in trouble the previous round.

Needs to not back up like he did at the end there.

Great work so far.

Wilder didn't do anything until the last round. Only started trying to move forward and punch in the 12th. Even then Parker was getting the better of it.

Wilder has KO power but one thing I hate is those back of the head shots he was doing in the clinch. Some of his knock outs he's got the guy wobbly and then clubs them on the back of the head. That is why I hated his excuses after the second Fury fight.

Great work by Parker. A career win for him.

Did well executing a game plan. Even in his early fights his defense wasn't there and he'd get tagged. Here he is against one of the hardest punchers of all time and got through pretty comfortably.

He was written off but got it done. To be honest I thought he'd look good for a few rounds but Wilder typically tags you at some point.

Great to see him get a big win.

What was his footwork like? He always had the skills and a bit of power but his movement is poor for a relatively small heavyweight. Dunno about Wilder, 6’7 and weighed in at 96kgs at 38 years old. The rest of us put weight on as we get older, he’s getting lighter somehow. On paper, JP had the weight and skills to beat Wilder easily but I thought his slow feet would leave him inside Wilders range for too long. Massive scalp there.

Last edited:
What do we reckons next for Parker?

Vs Francis maybe and a huge pay day?

I truly thought he was washed up...
He is washed up, he fought a dude that has been searching for peace and found it doing Ayahuasca……it’s changed him, the killer instinct you need to fight at this level wasn’t there anymore. Francis will knock the socks off Parker. He’d have a hard time with Jake Paul too…..yes he can box.

He is washed up, he fought a dude that has been searching for peace and found it doing Ayahuasca……it’s changed him, the killer instinct you need to fight at this level wasn’t there anymore. Francis will knock the socks off Parker. He’d have a hard time with Jake Paul too…..yes he can box.
Jake Paul would be a great money fight! But Jake is 3 inches shorter and 20-30 kgs lighter. He’s had a handful of fights against retired MMA middleweights and the worst fighter in the Fury family. Parker ends Paul, literally.

Parker vs AJ works for both men.

Jake Paul would be a great money fight! But Jake is 3 inches shorter and 20-30 kgs lighter. He’s had a handful of fights against retired MMA middleweights and the worst fighter in the Fury family. Parker ends Paul, literally.

Parker vs AJ works for both men.
Man I keep forgetting Jake is smaller and lighter…..he looks like a heavyweight on screen. Fair point!

Man I keep forgetting Jake is smaller and lighter…..he looks like a heavyweight on screen. Fair point!
If Jake wants to be taken seriously as a boxer, he needs to work his way towards a Cruiserweight title which is probably the easiest division to get a title in. Good cruiserweights move to heavyweight for better money. But Jai Opetaia would end Jakes boxing and YouTube career with one punch. Levels.

Jake looks like a heavyweight in his fights because all of his opponents fight under 80kgs except Fury who fights at 86kgs and still beat Jake.

What do we reckons next for Parker?

Vs Francis maybe and a huge pay day?

I truly thought he was washed up...
It depends on Francis. Is he after a pay day, then it's not against Parker. Is he after legitimate fight so he can get boxing belts, then yes, Parker is a great fight for him.

Joshua vs Parker 2 wouldn't be too bad now. Both fighters would want to improve on the last fight.

Most of it would be sold off the back of Joshua. This fight would help Parker a bit, shutting down the guy that typically starches people.

From some of the comments post fight it looks like Hearn & Joshua are leaning towards one of the guys on the undercard who is the number 1 contender for the IBF. So that will get him close to another title fight. A bit of a test for Parkers' management to push their case and get him the rematch.

Back