General Which team are you going for now?

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Raiders for me, fans haven’t had much to get excited about for a while and it’ll be good to see someone away from the usual suspects win it.
I like many of the Melbourne players but they’ve had enough success lately.
Roosters continue to make a mockery of the salary cap and have every advantage so I don’t want them rewarded.
Parra and Tigers have some pretty shitty entitled fans so fuck em, let the Tiger finals drought continue so we aren’t the biggest retards.
Manly success keeps them in their pokey little peninsula when they need to embrace all North Sydney so it’s a no from me.
Rabbitohs and Sharks share duties for the scummiest fans with the bunnies having the bullshit entitled ‘pride of the league’ crap where they don’t realise most hate them so fuck them too.
Broncs I’m usually ok with but feel they’re ‘being positioned’ into the 8 for the qld ratings
Penrith - meh just don’t really care, didn’t like how they treated the refs last week and starting to go off Cleary

Reactions: Worried2Death

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
My interest in the NRL has pretty much dissapated with that loss on Friday. I hope the Raiders go deep into finals, only because I like CNK and he is having a break out year with them. The stage is set for the Storm to win it though and Cameron Smith will be hailed as a god of rugby league when they do.... Wanker.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Has to be the Raiders. They got fucked over nearly as much as us. Plus, got to give it to the club for keeping Sticky on and it seems to be paying dividends now.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Titans

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Forgot about Shaun Johnson somehow - my favourite player easily offsets the Gallen, Dugan & Fifita factor, so adding Sharks to my list of teams to support.

Yeah i wouldve gone Sharks as well because of Shaun.

Then they sang that fucking "up Cronulla" song last nite and i just went "nah....cant do it".

Suppose i could just pretend he's wearing a Warriors jersey when their running around in the finals. ;)

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Yeah i wouldve gone Sharks as well because of Shaun.

Then they sang that fucking "up Cronulla" song last nite and i just went "nah....cant do it".

Suppose i could just pretend he's wearing a Warriors jersey when their running around in the finals. ;)
If Shaun Johnson led the Sharks to GF victory half this forum would never show their face again. Geez it would be boring on here

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
In order:
Raiders - My 2nd Team.
Panthers - The Clearys.
Roosters - Good to see a team win GFs back-to-back for the first time since 92-93 with the Broncos.
Eels - It's been ages since they won one ie 1986.
Tigers - Farah and Marshall.
Rabbitohs - Green and Red. Another feather in Bennett's cap.
Broncos - Good for Seibold in his first year.
Sharks - They Aren't The Storm. Be funny if they made it to the GF and Shaun Johnson stuffed up. Imagine Gallen's speech: "Shaun, ya dropkick, we got you to a Grand Final and you fucked up!"
Sea Eagles - Sydney team I hate the most.
Storm - Had to put them somewhere.

I'd like a repeat of the 1991 Grand Final - Raiders v Panthers. But with the result reversed.

All above move down one if the Warriors make the Final 8. Not an impossible task but, ah, pretty fucking close to it.

Last edited:

sunburywarrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 28, 2012
Live in Melbs so obvious choice....Roosters..not

As much as i hate them ill reluctantly back the storm cam smith , ugly shirts and all

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings