General Which coach will be sacked first in 2019

Which teams coach will be first sacked this year?

• Storm

• Roosters

• Rabbits

• Raiders

• Tigers

• Eels

• Sea eagles

• Sharks

• Warriors

• Dragons

• Panthers

• Knights

• Broncos

• Bulldogs

• Titans

• Cowboys

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Kearney wont/can't be sacked. Expect full tenure of his contract irrespective of how shit this club becomes.

Stock up on anti depressants now. 3+ years of disaster left.
Absolutely no way Kearney gets the chop until at least early 2021. Was re-signed by Brian Smith and Cameron George. Their fates are now intertwined...

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Absolutely no way Kearney gets the chop until at least early 2021. Was re-signed by Brian Smith and Cameron George. Their fates are now intertwined...
Thats logical but what is logical about the club?

There are other stakeholders that might not buy into this stupidity, and possibly a career move to assistant might keep sponsors and fans happy and actually work.

Forget about jobs for the boys the best person gets the job and if some of these overpaid underperforming pricks don't like it move on, the Warriors are not running a soup kitchen

Reaction score
The Falcon

The Falcon

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
He has proven when the stars align ( players in form, balanced team, belief) the team can compete ( early to mid rounds last year) and it could come right. The next five games will really determine if the team can grow in confidence and get some wins as we play teams in around us. The team could realistically be sitting around 6/7th by then and consolidate their place in the play off positions during origin. SK if he can move on from his belief in players who are poorly out of form and give some others a shot at the title along and get Green back on deck to steady the ship it could be happy days...... ( cue canned laughter 😂)

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Done a 360 on Kearney in 30minutes.

If SK leaves, it's probably 75% chance we'll get a worse coach.
Maybe the Warriors and SK need to grow together. I know it's sounds wanky and soft, but we slam SK as a fairly junior coach yet we've never been a overly successful club, compounded by a merry go round of coaches of late.

Maybe we just need a period of stability to build a better culture, integrate the pathways, and improve development.
Is SK the guy to do it? Who knows, but if not him then who? (Feasibly)

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
If not worse then less successful. The other most successful coach up was Ivan Cleary. He isn't coming back and I can hear the groans from here of the thought of it. There are two super coaches in the game, and we cannot afford either. The rest would not be able to handle the culture here.

Reaction score

pleatedpantspete

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Sign Kearny til Bellamy’s contract runs out, then throw Bellamy the big bucks along with the ego stroke of him being rugby leagues best coach by bringing a premiership to the warriors

A boy can dream

Reaction score

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Kearney has almost four years to run on his contract. His job is safe for the next three years at least. Ironically if we hadn’t had a decent season last year we could have had a shot at three premiership winning coaches in Maguire, Hasler and Bennett.

I think it’s a two way shootout between Green and Brown for first coach fired, I think both will be gone at the end of the season.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Maybe we just need a period of stability to build a better culture, integrate the pathways, and improve development.
Oh not this stability, build a better culture discussion with SK again!!! I heard all this in his first year!

It’s like a bloody mary go-round....

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Done a 360 on Kearney in 30minutes.

Maybe the Warriors and SK need to grow together. I know it's sounds wanky and soft, but we slam SK as a fairly junior coach yet we've never been a overly successful club, compounded by a merry go round of coaches of late.

You would be happy to be in contention for a spoon than desperately clutch at a 25% chance of improvement?

He’s had 3 years and has his squad. I would give Kearney till later in the season because SJ and Greens injury can’t be pinned on the coach but if we are not competing for top 8 towards the end of the year then you have to be accountable.

We have Brian Smith who can step into a caretakers role if need be.

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
no matter who gets the boot first, it was just DUMB to sign SK to a 3 year deal after having one decent year where we made 8th in a 16 team comp.

should have got 2 at the most. He wont last 3 years, but my bet to get the ass first will be Brown.

It proves what i have been saying to some Novacastrian mates all along. You can go out and buy 7 or 8 players each year and still wont make a team !

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
How about the ex Wigan coach, Shaun Wane, as a possible Warriors coach? He came close to being signed a few years ago and is now with Scotland RU. Kearney could be an assistant - his best role, same as Dave KIDwell.

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You would be happy to be in contention for a spoon than desperately clutch at a 25% chance of improvement?

He’s had 3 years and has his squad. I would give Kearney till later in the season because SJ and Greens injury can’t be pinned on the coach but if we are not competing for top 8 towards the end of the year then you have to be accountable.

We have Brian Smith who can step into a caretakers role if need be.
25% is rubbish odds. It means 3 out of 4 times we'll get worse.

If we get the spoon this season then sure, it's an emergency. But another mid table finish is probably fair, because in all honesty we are a mid to low table club.
Chopping coaches hasn't fixed that, so maybe we need to try the opposite

Top Bottom