General Which coach will be sacked first in 2019

Which teams coach will be first sacked this year?

• Storm

• Roosters

• Rabbits

• Raiders

• Tigers

• Eels

• Sea eagles

• Sharks

• Warriors

• Dragons

• Panthers

• Knights

• Broncos

• Bulldogs

• Titans

• Cowboys

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It’s coming up to that famous round where decisions get made about under-performing coaches. Which coach will get the sack first in 2019?

A coach of a top 8 teams last year, that is near the bottom of the table?

A Coach that has recruited strongly and nothing appears to have changed?

A teams with a new coach that has not clicked yet?

Who’s performing well and who’s under the pump, of this years teams?

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see either Bellamy, Robinson, Maguire or Bennett at the Warriors, however Kearney has signed for life, so I guess that won’t happen?

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Beast mode claimed Kearney seemed stressed at the press conference last night... perhaps under pressure with Cameron George’s pre season promises?

Cleary has taken a top 4 contender and is 1 from 5. Broncos don’t accept less than top 8 and they have serious problems with an inexperienced squad. Greens Cowboys are looking sad... again. Is the team more than JT x 2?

Titans recruited well and there were high hopes but are struggling to be competitive... again. Pay at the Bulldogs will be given time with a poor squad but for how long? Knights again... can’t seem to get it right no matter what they do and who they bring in - is it the coach?

On the other side, Bellamy and Bennett are proving why they are super coaches. Stewart at the Raiders seems to have recruited well and is changing the whole team dynamic away from the big boppers! The Roosters will always perform with the squad they have, while the Eels seem to have a game plan around some exciting players that’s working for them at last. And full credit to the our rejects Tigers team... over performing so far. Great coaching given the squad!

Reaction score
Sledge

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m urrrrr ummm ahhhh not sure on that one (nostrils flaring)

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nathan Brown probably the most likely at the moment, all that money spent and no real results so far even with all the banging on about Ponga. Lino isn't a first grade NRL player and showed last night, would have had Watson at 6 and Mann at 9 - but not sure if they are injured or not. Ramien was possibly a form centre last year and pretty average this year so i would have Brown first and Paul Green should be maybe a tad worried.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Calls going out for Nathan Browns head at the Knights following 5 loses in a row. We meet them in 2 weeks time and a spoon contender like us beating them could be the nail in his coffin

Reaction score
ryno

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Calls going out for Nathan Browns head at the Knights following 5 loses in a row. We meet them in 2 weeks time and a spoon contender like us beating them could be the nail in his coffin
Knowing our luck he will get sacked the week we play them, we are then the rebound game and will lose by 30.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Looking like Gould is the first casualty of the season, beating out Nathan Brown, although Gould’s not officially a coach

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Serious question ...

Brown or Kearney?

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Serious question ...

Brown or Kearney?
Kearney wont/can't be sacked. Expect full tenure of his contract irrespective of how shit this club becomes.

Stock up on anti depressants now. 3+ years of disaster left.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Kearney wont/can't be sacked. Expect full tenure of his contract irrespective of how shit this club becomes.

Stock up on anti depressants now. 3+ years of disaster left.
Yep, I meant who would you want to coach your team?
I’d swap Kearney for Brown.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
Yep, I meant who would you want to coach your team?
I’d swap Kearney for Brown.
I'd swap Kearney for anyone. I believe in accountability over loyalty. I believe in not making the same mistakes over and over again thinking something will somehow change. I believe in cutting off the umbilical cord this club has with it's in crowd and yes men and old boys, and creating a new era of professionalism.

It really feels like we haven't made any progress or learnt anything over past 25 years.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'd swap Kearney for anyone. I believe in accountability over loyalty. I believe in not making the same mistakes over and over again thinking something will somehow change. I believe in cutting off the umbilical cord this club has with it's in crowd and yes men and old boys, and creating a new era of professionalism.

It really feels like we haven't made any progress or learnt anything over past 25 years.
You sound like a politician.

I had a dream...

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score

They've learnt keeping the faith doesnt work.

After 15 years recycling that meaningless phrase they finally gave it up the last couple of years.. thankfully

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score

if one were to do that who would you go for. Madge? After his brilliant 50 point loss to the Eels. Seibold who is doing even worse than Kearney? The problem with this club has never been the coach, it has been the top management and cattle.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
if one were to do that who would you go for. Madge? After his brilliant 50 point loss to the Eels. Seibold who is doing even worse than Kearney? The problem with this club has never been the coach, it has been the top management and cattle.
Scary thing is we've had different top managements and cattle over the years, but nothing really changes. Is Mt Smart built on an ancient Maori Burial ground and we've had a curse put on us ? If SK gets the punt before his contract is up what coach in his right mind would risk his long term career to coach the Warriors

Reaction score
Sledge

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Scary thing is we've had different top managements and cattle over the years, but nothing really changes. Is Mt Smart built on an ancient Maori Burial ground and we've had a curse put on us ? If SK gets the punt before his contract is up what coach in his right mind would risk his long term career to coach the Warriors
Maybe Kidwell from the Eels? We could put the War in Warriors.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Reaction score
I think that Kearney would be good to have in the Warriors setup, but only ever as an assistant and kept away from any tactical or selection decisions. I would prefer anyone that is Australian and has NRL coaching experience, yes Madge or Seibold even. That Madge you speak of, that got spanked by 50 points on the weekend, spanked our team in round 2. And you can guarantee Seibold's team will spank us too.

Top Bottom