General Where has it gone wrong for the Warriors?

Spence_old

I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I think he was around $130,000. Not sure where I heard that though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Jesbass_old

It was a bargain buy. The week after we signed him, he scored four tries in one match, massively increasing his value.

DanKokoro_old

If we paid $10 for then we paided overs.

huge call.. HUGE call..(not to mention harsh)..and god that sentence makes no sense NU. He's gonna dominate at the Bulldogs next year.. if that's where he's going. Has that been confirmed?

warriors4life_old

huge call.. HUGE call..(not to mention harsh)..and god that sentence makes no sense NU. He's gonna dominate at the Bulldogs next year.. if that's where he's going. Has that been confirmed?

They got Steve Turner, not sure if they are still in the market with Goodwin on the other wing.

If Ivan had any sense Kemp would be ahead of Ah Van every single time. Unfortunately he is lacking.

sebastian_old

Kemp's main problem was he was probabally too used to trys being handed to him on the platter & then finishing the movement with style, which he did do with nice style. However our halves wern't creating those movements for him & with no trys being handed to him, he had to create on his own like Manu, Kevin, & Jerome (IN ATTACK) do, hence his lack of his expected trys. If he does go to the Dogs or a another team with a compitent half/halves I would expect him to come back to life. Kemp's got great finishing skills but I don't think he can create like our other backs can do/had to because our halves were so lacking this year in try scoring movement's & set plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanKokoro_old

Kemp's main problem was he was probabally too used to trys being handed to him on the platter & then finishing the movement with style, which he did do with nice style. However our halves wern't creating those movements for him & with no trys being handed to him, he had to create on his own like Manu, Kevin, & Jerome (IN ATTACK) do, hence his lack of his expected trys. If he does go to the Dogs or a another team with a compitent half/halves I would expect him to come back to life. Kemp's got great finishing skills but I don't think he can create like our other backs can do/had to because our halves were so lacking this year in try scoring movement's & set plays.

yep.. spot on. Tho I still think even with our current halves we still could have used him more effectively. The game he scored his first try he almost scored a hattrick because we were finally putting kicks in behind the line for him to run on to. He's got soooo much pace.. i think it's criminal that Ivan couldn't find a way to use him.. and even more criminal that Ivan dropped him as if it was his fault.

I also think that if he'd been in the team this whole time he would be sitting on atleast 6 or 7 tries for the season. We've been making alot of long breaks recently with the help of Lance, Manu, Kevin and a few others, however these were never converted into tries because we had no-one of genuine pace and fitness that could actually catch up with the ball carrier and get in to a supporting position. Luckily we now have Kevin that can be that long range support player but my god.. without him we have the slowest looking line-up..ever

garyhobson_old

Stupid if we get rid of Denan Kemp, winger/fullback, we need that back up for next season, hes the second best fullback at the club, with new halves at the club the Warriors can really utilise his speed.

warriors4life_old

Stupid if we get rid of Denan Kemp, winger/fullback, we need that back up for next season, hes the second best fullback at the club, with new halves at the club the Warriors can really utilise his speed.

Wouldn't Locke and McKinnon be the two best fullbacks at the club?

But agree, would be a retarded decision to cut him loose.

Jesbass_old

If we paid $10 for then we paided overs.

Harsh, but your point is noted. The irony, though, is that your statement can only apply to the Warriors. Any other team would be relishing with one of the NRL's top try scorers actually scoring tries on their wing.

Blake_old

Luckily we now have Kevin that can be that long range support player but my god.. without him we have the slowest looking line-up..ever

Kevin isn't as quick as he is being made out to be. Or am I wrong here? I've seen him a number of times and while quick, he def isn't up there in the top quicks in the NRL.

Manu would be quicker and I'd also think Lance - that kid has serious wheels.

Northern_Union

@Jesbass and DanKokoro - Ok, harsh call maybe, but why are the Warriors the one club that can't use him or give him room to use his space?

Spence_old

Kevin isn't as quick as he is being made out to be. Or am I wrong here? I've seen him a number of times and while quick, he def isn't up there in the top quicks in the NRL.

I'd say he was fast than both of those players. Anyone at the game against the Dragons could vouch for that. His chase on Soward was great, even though he didn't come anywhere close, he sure burnt some metres between them, and Soward is one of the fastest in the NRL.

KeepingTheFaith_old

He ran down Zillman twice when Zillman had a headstart. That's quick in anyones books.

What sets him apart though is probably his agility and acceleration off the mark. In the Broncos game when he made a break after retrieving a kick, the move he put on a Broncos player to skip around him was brilliant, and also the Titans game where he covered two people (one of them being Campbell) to prevent a try was all agility and acceleration.

DanKokoro_old

I reckon Kevin would be hands down the fastest at the club.

DanKokoro_old

I've said this before, but do you know what would be awesome? If NRLstats.com had the speed of all of the players over 40m and 100m. GOD that'd be awesome.. also how much they can bench

Jesbass_old

Not sure about how fast Locke is compared to those two, but Manu is faster than Lance. He (Manu) was the fastest at our club a year or two back, although I'm not sure if that still applies, with the likes of Kemp, Locke, et al.

Jesbass_old

@Jesbass and DanKokoro - Ok, harsh call maybe, but why are the Warriors the one club that can't use him or give him room to use his space?

Many reasons: lack of go forward at times, lack of halves direction at other times, potential over-coaching...it can't be pinpointed to a single spot.