General Where do you think the Warriors will finish?

Blake_old

Where do you think the Warriors will end up after the final round? Will they get a home semi - a second life?

LordGnome_old

Assuming we fifnish 4th, we will be home to maybe the depleted Broncos or the Cowboys perhaps?

Who would we get in the second round of the finals?

jono_t2000_old

I think we will finish 4th behind Storm, Sea Eagles and Eels. Call it a hunch but I think the Cowboys are about to hit an end of season slump. asnd finish no higher then 6th

Blake_old

regardless of how the cowboys perform the warriors still need to win in order to finish 4th. What game/s pose as a danger to the team. Can they beat the Sea Eagles at home?

jono_t2000_old

We beat the storm at the end of last season didnt we? We prolly should of beaten the Sea Eagles the first time we played them this year. Our defence is much more effective and our play the ball is alot faster giving gatis and fein time to run at the line.

A good kicking game turning their fatties around and i dont see why we shouldnt win.

Jesbass_old

I initially said 6th at the beginning of the season. But considering our current form, the matches still to come, and the club's positional goals, I'm going to go out on a limb and say 4th. Maybe 5th, but I'm leaning towards 4th.

This is assuming we wi all of our remaining games except for the Sea Eagles match. I haven't done the maths, though, so I might be way off, lol.

cablenathan_old

Another thing to keep in mind: Tonight we get Brisbane vs Parramatta. If the Broncos manage to get the win, that will put third to fifth all on 22 points, seperated by differentials, and only one win ahead of the Warriors.

Jesbass_old

Better for the warriors if the eels win though yeah?

Yeah, definitely. And if the Eels win by 14 or more points, we'll be fifth by the end of this round. That's not totally inconceivable considering both Lockyer and Hunt are out for the Broncos.

Our second ever home semi final isn't such a hard thing to imagine.

Blake_old

Yeah, definitely. And if the Eels win by 14 or more points, we'll be fifth by the end of this round. That's not totally inconceivable considering both Lockyer and Hunt are out for the Broncos.

Our second ever home semi final isn't such a hard thing to imagine.

Now that is what I was waiting for someone to say.

Not at all out of the realms of possibility.

Esoj_old

anything is possible really. we almost have the perfect run home and should be able to get plenty of wins. how many who knows but I think we can potentially win them all based on current form which would proabbly put us in 4th spot

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkW_old

Taking a somewhat pragmatic approach - if we can win at least half of the remaining games I think we could finish 6th (depending of course on other results).

4th would be an awesome result for the boys though, especially given that horrible losing streak midway through the season.

They have a decent run against teams outside the 8 heading into the finals - 4 wins from 6 matches should be a very realistic goal for them.

jono_t2000_old

Rd 19 - Knights at home - WIN should be comfortable too
Rd 20 - Roosters away - WIN Roosters season over cant make the top 8
Rd 21 Titans at home - WIN could be tricky but playing at home should win it
Rd 22 Canberra away - WIN another team surely out of the finals race now
Rd 23 Sea Eagles at home - WIN if he come into this game with 10 wins out of 11 i think we will have a massive crowd and should do them over.
Rd 24 Panthers - WIN most likely wooden spooners another comfortable win

12 more points will put us on 32 surely enough for 4th spot i think. I know i may be being a bit optimistic saying we will win all our remaining games but i think it is in fact doable

Blake_old

Rd 19 - Knights at home - WIN should be comfortable too
Rd 20 - Roosters away - WIN Roosters season over cant make the top 8
Rd 21 Titans at home - WIN could be tricky but playing at home should win it
Rd 22 Canberra away - WIN another team surely out of the finals race now
Rd 23 Sea Eagles at home - WIN if he come into this game with 10 wins out of 11 i think we will have a massive crowd and should do them over.
Rd 24 Panthers - WIN most likely wooden spooners another comfortable win

12 more points will put us on 32 surely enough for 4th spot i think. I know i may be being a bit optimistic saying we will win all our remaining games but i think it is in fact doable

I like your optimism, however...

Roosters - have a new coach and the players will have a lot to prove for the next season.

Canberra - always hard at home. Depending on the time of day it's played, i.e. night. Could pose some def problems, plus their youngsters have a lot to proove and have made life tricky for a number of teams in the top 8. This one could bite the warriors.

Manly - simply put will be hard, real hard.

Panthers - at home and last game for them. Again lot's to prove and one more big effort before the season is over.

Therefore there are 3-4 very tricky games ahead for the warriors.

Hitman_old

I think we'll finish 6th or 7th... 6th for now.

The for and against is SO important right now especially if teams are on the same points as us.
Warriors should win ATLEAST 4 more games, it's looking good.

I could be wrong and we finish 4th or 5th. God I hope to be proven wrong.

Blake_old

if the warriors finish outside the top 4 then they probably won't advance past one game.

Skinny_Ravs82

If the Eels win today that puts them 4 points clear of us, and we'd have to win this weekend and them to lose this weekend to close that gap so ideally Broncos winning would probably suit us a bit more however with the Broncos team I'm not so sure that will happen.

I think the Warriors will probably end up somewhere between 4-7tth