Pick Your Team Potential Kiwis Team 2023

The Nrl season is now over for our boys. Assuming a lot of our Pi boys wish to play for their country of heritage... then my kiwis squad would be something like..

1 - Joey Manu/CNK
2 - Mulitalo / Arthars
3 - Mat Timoko/ CNK
4 - Berry, Remis Smith
5 - DWZ
6 - SJ / Brown / TMM
7 - Hughes, SJ
8 - JFH / NAS
9 - Cheese
10 - Leota
11 - Niukore / Riki
12 - Nikora
13 - Tapine

Ive factored in suspensions and injuries so there's gaps to fill.

1- CNK
2- Mulitalo
3- Timoko
4- Manu
5- DWZ
6- SJ/Brown
7- Hughes
8- JFH
9- Smith
10- Leota
11- Papali'i
12- Nikora
13- Tapine

14- Brown/Crossland
15- NAS
16- Riki
17- Sorensen

Squad - Neame, Niukore, Kris, Marzhew, Foran, Bromwich, Bromwich, Rapana
I like the lineup. Joey Manu must have been pretty banged up to miss the Roosters semi final though. Would he be available? Also not sure if Kris's suspension carries over to international games. Are those exempt?

Will Warbrick
I am picking he must be related somehow to Joe Warbrick, the captain of the Original NZ Native team that toured Britain and Ireland and gave the northern clubs the idea of changing the rules to a more open running game.

2 minds over SJ. The Warriors part of me wants him just to get over the injury and go into next season refreshed, but tbh i'd love to see him back in a Kiwi's jersey, he's had so many great moments in it and he deserves it too. If he does play then CNK is my fullback for that ready made combo in the spine.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Joey Manu
4. Matthew Timoko
5. Mulitalo
6. Jahrome Hughes
7. Shaun Johnson
8. NAS
9. Crossland
10. JFH
11. Nikora
12. Riki
13. Joey Tapine

14. Brandon Smith
15. Leota
16. Niukore
17. Sorenson

If SJ is not in the team, I would not pay dwz either. However, I don't know the other teams well enough to know who would be on the wing... Arthurs?

Man do we SJ, Tohu and DWZ not play? I wonder if they put themselves on ice for a chance at a title? These things are never certain. But after this year they must thinking they are close.

Man im amazed at what you base your read of players on sometimes......in contention to pick up Dally M 2nd rower of the year......probably the best line running backrower in the game.....and an already made combo with SJ.
I think he's NRL level not international level.

Who are the eligible players that regularly play left edge Second Row? Kenny Bromwich, Scott Sorensen..... anyone else come to mind?

Cool so who are your 2nd rowers?
You need to relax bruh. I'm not a selector, I'm just saying I wouldn't pick him in my team.

You seem to have more knowledge than me regarding kiwis. You can simply say, we only have 4 good backrowers and we kinda have to pick him.

I don't know if any of these guys are injured but riki, tapine, Sorensen, fisher Harris if we got enough props, papalii

You need to relax bruh. I'm not a selector, I'm just saying I wouldn't pick him in my team.
Jesus didnt realize asking someone who they'd pick for a Kiwis team in a Kiwis thread discussing all thing Kiwis was over the top.

Its just interesting your reasons for not selecting Nikora over defence and yardage who has a 92.7% tackle efficiency rate and averages 102 metres this year yet Riki makes your team with a 91,7% tackle efficiency and averages only 80 metres. (id gladly have them both btw)

Incidently Nikora also has the most line breaks this year than any other forward in the comp which imo makes him a great asset to have out on an edge......and with the combination he's already struck up with SJ i cant see too many downsides tbh.

However each to their own

Back