General where are all those brent webb critics now

Kav_old

Brent had his usual game - very safe under the high ball, busy in the supporting role, not prominent on defence (other than that tackle on Cooper), not much yardage bringing the ball back. Threw a beautiful pass for Mannering's try(?); just like a stand off!

Kav

Warrioraholic_old

Brent is week in and week out one of our top preformers. He doesnt get the praise he deserves.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I thought he was our best. The only blight on his game was when he dropped that inside ball from Ropati with the defensive line open 5m out from the tryline.

Sad thing is that wasn't even the best chance we blew. Geez the boys sure know how to bomb tries.

nzlturk_old

I can't believe the Warriors are trying to off load him. Week in and out he is our best back and means so much to the Warriors. He actually shows passion without being Dumb about it.

MarkW_old

Kav said:
Brent had his usual game - very safe under the high ball, busy in the supporting role, not prominent on defence (other than that tackle on Cooper), not much yardage bringing the ball back. Threw a beautiful pass for Mannering's try(?); just like a stand off!

Kav

Kav will not rest until Webby is at standoff! hehe
Actually, at this stage of the season I think trying him out at 5/8 might be a reasonably good idea. He's arguably our best attacking back and seems to be able to create opportunities out of next to nothing at times. I still have doubts about his organisational skills, but hell, why not give him a go.
I don't know if Ropati would go to fullback.. I'd stick him on the bench as an impact player.
Not sure who you'd put to fullback.. maybe Misi?

MiXmasterreece_old

nzlturk said:
I can't believe the Warriors are trying to off load him. Week in and out he is our best back and means so much to the Warriors. He actually shows passion without being Dumb about it.

Who said we are trying to offload him mate? I think management thinks hes first on the list to keep

mosh_old

We will go along way to find another Brent Webb. We will only understand what he meant to us when he has left.

The guy is amazing. Read the 3 page article in the player mag and you will see what drives him. He has more passion for New Zealand than some I know who were born here.

D Generation X_old

Kav said:

Kav
i thought it was a know try but then i looked closely and said try benifit of the doubt

Iafeta_old

RE: The Mannering one, I thought try. There was a split frame from side on where you could see part of the ball was on the line, and that same split frame from front on Mannering's arm was still in the air, next frame it touches the line.

Back to the topic - himself and Evarn Tuimavave are absolute must retains as far as I'm concerned. If Webby's not retained, the Warriors need to pick up someone like Greenshields or McKinnon, and thats probably going to cost as much if not more than it would to retain the acclimatised Kiwi.

STRIDER_old

I would play webb as a hooker. I still dont rate him as a Fullback. Out of his class compared to most fullbacks in the NRL. But could be in the top 5 hookers in the nrl.

STRIDER_old

I would class Webb very simular to Ashley Harrison at the Roosters. Good solid player but nothing special unless. I would kill for a Greg Ingliss, Billy slater, Matty Bowen, Rhyss Wesser, Hogson, even Karmicheal Hunt etc at fullback.

Doesnt it make you sick how many absolutely brilliant nrl Fullbacks the Aussies can choose from.

Webb in my thoughts should play hooker, I think he would make a bigger impact than he currently does from there

Kav_old

Jesbass said:
MarkW said:
I didn't know there were many... if any.

I don't know anybody. :p

You don't know until you try!
Martin made a reasonable fist of it during the trials.
Why not try Misi? - we have nothing to lose (and plenty to gain).

Kav