General Whats wrong with us?

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
To answer the Forum or Thread Title - It’s Mindset.

I just finished reading the linked article - and on two seperate occasions in the same article I flinched with discomfort at Stacey’s tone.

The first instance - he refers to Lussick and says something along the lines of “and he has good habits as he comes from a good club”. I mean - are you insinuating that he stood out cause we don’t have similar good habits here - or worse, we just don’t have good habits here full stop? I can’t put my finger on it - but it’s almost as if we believe other clubs are more worthy or professional perhaps, so their descendants are a higher quality than ours.

Don’t know, but it just irks me.

The second was Stacey previewing Souths this weekend, comments like “The Rabbitohs are a classy side, they’ve got big, strong forwards and an elite spine” - coming across like we shouldn’t win this, cause they’ve got more toys than us, or bigger ones or faster ones - or something.

Then this: “they play a good brand of footy so it’s going to be a hard game” - translation:
“So the kids and I aren’t expecting us to win, would be great if you guys don’t either, then the lads won’t have that unreasonable pressure put on us - You know - of winning.

I mean I love Stace, but gee I’m glad he doesn’t want the gig cause our owner and CEO would have given it to him, and we’d be gone in a year.

He’s a legend, but so long as that tone, and that overly humble, passive inferiority mindset is in our walls, we’re cactus for years more yet.

Last edited:
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor

I just finished reading the linked article - and on two seperate occasions in the same article I flinched with discomfort at Stacey’s tone.

The first instance - he refers to Lussick and says something along the lines of “and he has good habits as he comes from a good club”. I mean - are you insinuating that he stood out cause we don’t have similar good habits here - or worse, we just don’t have good habits here full stop? I can’t put my finger on it - but it’s almost as if we believe other clubs are more worthy or professional perhaps, so their descendants are a higher quality than ours.

The second was Stacey previewing Souths this weekend, comments like “The Rabbitohs are a classy side, they’ve got big, strong forwards and an elite spine” - coming across like we shouldn’t win this, cause they’ve got more toys than us, or bigger ones or faster ones - or something.

Then this: “they play a good brand of footy so it’s going to be a hard game” - translation:
“So the kids and I aren’t expecting us to win, would be great if you guys don’t either, then the lads won’t have that unreasonable pressure put on us - You know - of winning.

I mean I love Stace, but gee I’m glad he doesn’t want the gig cause our owner and CEO would have given it to him, and we’d be gone in a year.

He’s a legend, but so long as that tone, and that overly humble, passive inferiority mindset is in our walls, we’re cactus for years more yet.
I totally agree with your sentiments but It was Slade Griffen that made those comments not Stace . Although tbf they probably think along the same lines.
In another article with David Long "Motivation needs to be hIgh for Warriors remaining away games" Stacey commented on the facts that at this time of the year there's not much coaching being done, the coaching staff are monitoring motivation levels & according to Montoya they are looking forward to next year.
Not surprising with the position the team is in at this time. But it all sounds a bit - "Fk it , let's just start again next year".

Last edited:
Reactions: Vancent
Noitall

Noitall

I totally agree with your sentiments but It was Slade Griffen that made those comments not Stace . Although tbf they probably think along the same lines.
In another article with David Long "Motivation needs to be hIgh for Warriors remaining away games" Stacey commented on the facts that at this time of the year there's not much coaching being done, the coaching staff are monitoring motivation levels & according to Montoya they are looking forward to next year.
Not surprising with the position the team is in at this time. But it all sounds a bit - "Fk it , let's just start again next year".
Was happy with the effort against the storm but with a couple of the real triers in the team in Tevaga and Chanel Harris-Tavita there could be a real sense of not putting in in the remaining games, I hope not. Should be a good indication of how effective Tohu Harris Harris’ captaincy is since you know his standards won’t drop and if the rest of team will follow him.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Well, I'd rather some honesty than bullshit "The Rabbitohs aren't gonna know what bloody smacked 'em on Saturday!!"

"We'll towel up bloody Rusty's shit team!"

It's managing expectations. Everyone who sees the TAB Head to Head odds of $7.00 to $1.10 or just follows the NRL beyond just watching the Warriors games every weekend knows what is most likely going to happen and the coach bullshitting and saying "Everyone's full of shit, we're gonna win easy on Saturday!" is just insulting.

Anyone expecting a win is in La La Land. Expecting a good performance, which is obviously a more subjective approach than winning, your "good performance" might be my "Holy Shit, We Won against The Rabbitohs!" explosion of joy moment, is entirely any fan's right and expectation.

You don't see Craig, Trent or Wayne mouthing off and jumping and down before matches. They just tend to adopt a "we'll focus on what we can control" vibe.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Just watching todays game, the answer is we're pathetic.

I don't know whether it's the players or coaching or the nutritionist but we are sorely diabolical across all the stats except losing.

The saddest part is that it's been like this for 26 years with the odd positive hiccup.

Maybe the curse is true, I'm out of every other excuse

TheSadButcher

The club seems generally unprofessional across the board, and you'd be foolish to think it doesn't affect the football team. The CEO is a fanboy drunk with power. The defense coach is Justin Morgan... that says it all. Tevaga talking about on-field bickering. Peter OSullivan walks. Lodge given $700k hush money. Hodges walks. Brown's time cut short. Kearney let go early. Payten clearly didn't want to stay at the mad house. There's a common denominator. As a day one fan I don't trust the club's management.

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Beat me to it JaggedJ
This Club is a poor excuse for a professional NRL team. Having Auusie players come in should have made us stronger but it's had the opposite effect.
Tonights effort was simply pathetic. There is nothing to be proud of, nothing which inspires confidence in the future. We have outlived our purpose.
Seieng CG prowling in the coaches box say sit all. The owner & the Ceo dictate even though they have no professional integrity or in depth knowledgr of the sport
Once was a supporter - never again. Too many ananswered questions,, too many shonky decisions re staff & player investment.

Last edited:
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

The club seems generally unprofessional across the board, and you'd be foolish to think it doesn't affect the football team. The CEO is a fanboy drunk with power. The defense coach is Justin Morgan... that says it all. Tevaga talking about on-field bickering. Peter OSullivan walks. Lodge given $700k hush money. Hodges walks. Brown's time cut short. Kearney let go early. Payten clearly didn't want to stay at the mad house. There's a common denominator. As a day one fan I don't trust the club's management.
And as a day one supporter, you're still here despite all the down?

snake77

snake77

Hey, if we had Ian Foster as coach, he'd have seen the positives of Saturday's game and seen it for what at was - Our Best Performance Of The Season! Let's get Fozzie in!
You always need to look on the bright side of life. Maybe that is what Foster was doing.

A lot of New Zealanders are wanting him strung up. The backlash and comments in the media are starting to sound like Warriors fans and <insert coaches name here>

ndp26

What is wrong with us. I could write quite a bit. But according to our CEO there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope there is more light compared to how hot the phones were ringing.

Nothing particularly surprising here - although this is a very strange comment:
“There will be the separation of the team and the footy staff outside of work hours."

I mean, most will understand that everyone enjoys their personal space (and time away from work) - but is this something that needs to said to the media...

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Nothing particularly surprising here - although this is a very strange comment:
“There will be the separation of the team and the footy staff outside of work hours."

I mean, most will understand that everyone enjoys their personal space (and time away from work) - but is this something that needs to said to the media...
Might be directed at Alpha and getting OTP with the players.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Shut the thread down… we’re all on a high after a sublime performance yesterday.

I’m back on the ‘next year is our year’ train. Top 4? Pushing for a premiership the year after? Mohawk is a legend and has us heading in the right direction.

Ride the wave boys until the Cowboys and then Panthers bring us back to reality 😆

Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

What is wrong with us. I could write quite a bit. But according to our CEO there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope there is more light compared to how hot the phones were ringing.

Just sick of all the talk! Just go get it fucken done already!!!

Reactions: snake77