General Whats wrong with us?

95forever

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 27, 2019
Awesome response to the thread guys but I was actually wondering what's wrong with us as fans rather than the team :)
Born in probably the early 80’s, live in NZ, love league. Anyone that could honestly switch it off and walk away probably isn’t in here. We want to win. Badly. I’m sure lots at the Warriors do but how badly does Aussie George love the Warriors? As for ‘ya know’ well .........

95forever

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 27, 2019
Mate the best analogy I can give is it’s like when you’re an ok social golfer with a weird swing that works for you but can never get you to the next level. The Pro comes in and starts changing your swing and in the short term you actually get worse while you realign and don’t like playing golf as much cause it feels weird. Of course, if you then start to think the Pro has no idea, you worry you are doing it for nothing and will still have a shit swing at the end! So right now, I’d say that most have lost confidence in the Pro. Sorry weird post 😂
I like the analogy. We currently are on a 20 handicap playing like a 36 wondering why the fuck we play the game hoping to watch a tip on YouTube that will turn the whole thing round while paying Adam Blair 800k.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
No, we would have won 2 more games. Our points differential is shite and we were not the only teams to get short changed by the refs.
Yep. Although potentially making the 8. Which is what annoys me about the ref processes, they can put teams out of the 8 and thats potentially out of a Prem (very unlikely with our team this year of course).

The won that annoyed me was the Crowding call in last 4 mins vs the Storm. Was BS. Hasnt been called since and many players have lost the ball off knees and feet and yet thats not crowding...... Anyway not going to let this season ruin the cricket season.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Man the future looks bleak. How the fuck did we end up here after hoping for top 4 this year :( shit management, owners fighting each other, a coach who can't coach, players who can't play and fans who are leaving for the first time in 25 years.

This all started when Doyle left, I strongly believe that. CG is a fucking cake and snake oil salesman who has fucked this club like no other. His negotiations, recruitment and retention of players has destroyed us for the next 5 years.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Man the future looks bleak. How the fuck did we end up here after hoping for top 4 this year :( shit management, owners fighting each other, a coach who can't coach, players who can't play and fans who are leaving for the first time in 25 years.

This all started when Doyle left, I strongly believe that. CG is a fucking cake and snake oil salesman who has fucked this club like no other. His negotiations, recruitment and retention of players has destroyed us for the next 5 years.
You need to look after yourself mate, I think you're starting to lose it. I've seen the signs before at the Warriors, look what happened to Inruin, he started shouting and joined a cult and no one's heard from him since. Pretty sure he was Sol's mom, he's probly in Melbourne for the finals.

Last edited:

Intercept

The Warriors seem to have limited plays and are very predictable. One one occasion a player was so surprised to receive a third pass that it bounced off him, and the Roosters scored a runaway try.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
What I saw against the Roosters was a team playing with no purpose or desire. They weren't playing for themselves, each other, the coach or the club.

We see when players go to other clubs they have to pull their finger out. Brown has to make them do that or make way for somebody who can.

Reactions: Akkerz

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
So, what, are we seriously going to freak out because we're only 2 from 4? This is one of best starts to the season. Heck, when we made the Grand Final in 2011, we were 1 from 4.

I'm not saying there's no problems, of course there are, getting one player injured per game being one of them, but relax. If you're freaked out by the Warriors being 2 from 4, with a PD of -8, frankly, you've been spoilt. We've had way shittier starts than this.

I'm starting to feel like an Old Fart telling the New Kids "You think this is bad? You young 'uns ain't got no ideah! Lemme me tell you about the dark times 'bout the year 2000..." etc

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The only thing we have to complain about is rotten luck.

I keep waiting for the year that we do not have devastating injuries to key players and it never comes.

I keep saying it, but the way to enjoy this season is to accept that it is a rebuild year, and as such, reaching a finals berth, would be more than reward enough and a success.

Less than that, is not a failure, provided the team makes lasting improvements in hey areas over time. That is where Brown fits in.

Overall I am pleased with our effort. Maybe a player here and there could do more, but we are at least starting every game from a position of competing.

We have basically lost our Jason Taumalolo, so any victories till he comes back are a bonus.

I think we need a fit Addin Fonua-Blake in the same way that Ivan was screwed without Vatuvei.

He is the most important player in our team.

There is going to be then, some short term pain this year. We still have Tohu and Ben Murdoch-Masila world class forwards, but outside of that its going to come down to the Warriors needing to punch above the weight range of what is really the left overs.

You cannot build combinations with your starting centres out, we are in a nasty scenario that is not the fault of the coach or the players. I repeat it is not their fault....like Robyn Williams in good Will Hunting....it is not their fault...

Hope you feel better.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Injuries to key players is a disaster. Why can’t these injuries fall upon secondary players such as Frei, Curran, Berry, Egan etc???

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Injuries to key players is a disaster. Why can’t these injuries fall upon secondary players such as Frei, Curran, Berry, Egan etc???
Egan's already a walking casualty ward, the others will get their chance. I've got high hopes for Berry, next Mannering when he finds his feet in first grade, he'll keep playing with two broken legs as long as his feet stay on.

• Haha
Reactions: Akkerz

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings