General Whats wrong with us?

snake77

snake77

I came home from work the other day and my son who now loves his league was watching a Warriors flash back game. It was the preliminary final vs the Storm in 2011.

I sat down to watch it and wanting to see my kids expression when Johnson sets up Brown for them to make the Grand Final. They are young and this is the first year of watching sport so don't know the impact of sealing a win like that. They will realise over the next month as teams get eliminated.

Watching that game though a few things really stood out.

That side good grind. It was the Storm kicking the ball out to get a rest from the Warriors. The ball was in play for long periods and the Warriors would just keep coming. The Warriors of the last few years the opposition need to limit their mistakes and grind them and they capitulate.

That grinding was off the back of a lot more dummy half running but also four front rowers who maintained the momentum. Rapira, Lillyman, Matulino, Packer any combination of them it didn't matter the side just kept going there wasn't any let up when the starting pair go off and it picking up later when they come back on.

The game is supposed to be faster now with the 6 agains and some of the other rules. We look like we play slower than 2011.