General What's with Tovey being that 12 th man playing at tmes?

Sinbad_old

I noticed today that at times Tovey was on the filed directing players into position and pointing things out to them, actually acting as if he was still playing.

I know that Manley was fined last week for excessive use of the trainers, and at one time today he was actually in our backline ( I think it was him anyway).

Something needs to be done about this. He also got fined last week for having a go at the ref at one time.

Needs to remember that he is now a "hasbeen" and only a trainer not still a player. Stick to his job spec and get out of the way. At one time today he actually had a negative effect on our attack due to his on field direction. I was listening to the radio commentary and boy were they going off, even the Aussi comments dude was pissed !

Anyone else see what was going on? OR was I imagining things again?

mosh_old

The fine I think was because he actually questioned a refereeing decision. Maybe he kept his mouth shut to the ref.

But I do agree it cant really help any team having trainers running on the field. Imagine if we had that fat water dude we had a few years ago running in the middle of teams defensive lines and he actually accidently took a player out (it cant be hard and plus he looks alot like Santa Clause).

warriors4life_old

If it is a big enough problem then the Warriors will complain about it and the NRL, no doubt, will do something about it.

Iafeta_old

Against the Wests Tigers, Craig Walker was basically playing halfback for us. If you notice a few of our tries on that night he's standing about 5 metres behind Fien pointing players into holes and telling Fien what to do.

Skinny_Ravs82

Iafeta said:
Against the Wests Tigers, Craig Walker was basically playing halfback for us. If you notice a few of our tries on that night he's standing about 5 metres behind Fien pointing players into holes and telling Fien what to do.

LOL, never saw that. Usually I see more of the opposition team's trainners.

AliN_old

so long as he doesn't start tackling or passing the ball :)
The refs usually get pissed off with them if they're on the field too much and send them off if they do

On quite a few ocassions I'd hoped Campo had helped us out!!

tezzah_old

It got really annoying seeing the Manly trainers behind there attacking line! I sorta wanted a Warriors forward to intercept the ball from Manly and run at the trainer and bump them off!!!

Its funny enough watching a clown ref trip up on themselves and seeing that would have made it even funnier!

sebastian_old

madbaz said:
The way our forwards were running Toovey would of smashed them
Damn right changes are needed, its time for some young enthusasim.
Sonny & george are needed!!!