General Whats with the NRL website?

Bulldog_old

looks a damn site awful...as cluttered as a chinese second hand shop..and where's the points table thats normally on their header page?

MarkW_old

I agree, the 'upgrades' are annoying and not especially functional at the moment.
It looks flashy with all it's bells and whistles, but runs like a dog.

The new livescoring is near useless - I'm guessing that's down to their server not being able to handle all the traffic at those times. The old one worked much better, and the layout was easier to navigate.

I can't find the overall season player stats anywhere. And yeah, the ladder is not on the front page (though there is a link to it).

The video didn't seem to work at all for me either.

The console ges the thumbs down from me. I'm sure most fans are perfectly happy with a simple and functional design that WORKS, like the old one seemed to.

warriors4life_old

Yeah, last year's NRL website was great, they should have just kept that one.

mosh_old

I was looking for the individual stats like metres gained but its too complicated now and it is impossible to find the section, I dont know wtf Total Metres Gained is or Hitup Metres are, and quite frankly dont really want to know. Just have metres gained and thats all.

Esoj_old

it would seem bigpond are now a major sponsor or something and therefore have changed the site. the site proabbly is similar in design to other bigpond sites.

the other layout/design was a lot more user friendly than this one

one-eyed-warrior_old

Another thing is when you are reading a news article, sometimes an advert pops up over the middle of it. Not as annoying as Russell Smith but still annoying.