Support/Announcement What's up with the site?

ToiletDuck_old

I can't access nzwo from any PC, on firefox or IE. At first I thought it was my ******ed net connection, then I went to work and I can't connect on any QLD Health computers either. Ive just been informed by Lego man that he can't connect (from NZ). For whatever reason the site still loads on my iPhone and it's clear this isn't a problem for everyone as there are many new posts. So...what's the deal?

Spence_old

There has been a few people having trouble with their firewalls, as this site sends off some kind of warning? Maybe tinker around with that?

Northern_Union

I've had no trouble getting into the site with Firefox.

Northern_Union

Just tried with IE and i logged in ok with that too.

Ryan_old

I can't access nzwo from any PC, on firefox or IE. At first I thought it was my ******ed net connection, then I went to work and I can't connect on any QLD Health computers either. Ive just been informed by Lego man that he can't connect (from NZ). For whatever reason the site still loads on my iPhone and it's clear this isn't a problem for everyone as there are many new posts. So...what's the deal?
Google has a new algorithm that analyses our web habits and is now beginning block those of us who have intellectual and/or social handicaps. Quite clearly it has not caught up with iOS yet.

Ryan_old

Google has a new algorithm that analyses our web habits and is now beginning block those of us who have intellectual and/or social handicaps. Quite clearly it has not caught up with iOS yet.
And if you're wondering why I haven't been blocked, well, through the use of Tor and VPN spoofing, as far as Google is concerned, I am 37 year old Finn, with a double doctorate in Semiotics and Mechanical Engineering, living in Bern.

ToiletDuck_old

Just tried with IE and i logged in ok with that too.

Well, okay. That doesn't really help? I've already said that this isn't the case for everyone. It may be a firewall issue, but the computers we use at work are ancient, and the IE + firefox versions have been the same forever. Coupled with the fact that I can't get on from any other PC around SE QLD...and some NZ users are reporting similar, I figured the problem may not be totally all on our end.

EnterFien_old

First I have heard of this I have logged in on many computer and have not crossed this problem yet. What exactly is it not doing? Does it not load up? Or does it load something completely different?

wallacenz_old

not sure if this is related but i occasionally have problems with the full webpage loading.

that seems to be a problem with poweringnews.com struggling to load. after a little search i think that is the widget software that, maybe, provides the news feeds at the side of the webpage.

EnterFien_old

not sure if this is related but i occasionally have problems with the full webpage loading.

that seems to be a problem with poweringnews.com struggling to load. after a little search i think that is the widget software that, maybe, provides the news feeds at the side of the webpage.

Cheers mate i'll look into that

ToiletDuck_old

First I have heard of this I have logged in on many computer and have not crossed this problem yet. What exactly is it not doing? Does it not load up? Or does it load something completely different?

Yeah it just refuses to load. Similar to those times when the site has gone down for whatever reason. I've tried various computers in GC and Brisbane with same result. I wasn't paying attention because I can still access on my iPhone but an NZ user has been having the exact same problem. I thought I'd ask the question as there may be others who are unable to access the site (and hence unable to report similar).

wallacenz_old

Cheers mate i'll look into that
no problem. its not a big issue for me, everything gets sorted after a few minutes and a few refreshes. just thought it may be related.

as spence said, thanks

Jesbass_old

I'd just like to state that the site is working fine for me. In fact, it's working better than ever, because for whatever reason, TD doesn't seem to be around much! :lol

2big2strong_old

I touched myself in the naughty place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Back on topic for Toilet Duck for a mo before we head back to the regulation "Spence is gay" derailment.
TD, i know EF was updating some plugins a day or two ago so start with the simple stuff first and try a cache clear out. Let me know if that helps at all, if no we'll try something else.