General Whats the Difference?

Reaction score
bigstu

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So martin kennedy knocked out josh miller lastnight with a shoulder charge yes he made contact with miller head so why wasn't he placed on report not only that he was applauded oh wait he was running with the ball . but this got me thinking what really is the difference with what he did and what greg inglis did shouldn't the punishment be the same? if you wanna see the hit go to this link

https://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=2461&tab=Video

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good point. Another one I have thought of is sometimes head clashes are caused because one person goes into a tackle very recklessly it results in a head clash and the player never gets placed on report. So you get in trouble if you hit a player in the head with your arm or shoulder, but when it is a head it is called a clash. Now I am aware that no one ever goes into a tackle trying to use their head and most are total accidents but I have seen the odd sickening one where it was reckless behavior by the tackler, has resulted in a player getting hurt, but the player never cops a suspension.

Reaction score
Warriorholic

Warriorholic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
From the way he was carrying the ball, it looked like he almost led with the forearm/elbow. Its such a tough call these days protection vs enfliction. I kinda see it the same way as when full backs and wingers catch the ball with thier knees aiming right where the tacklers heads are about to be.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
IMO Miller stuffed up and deserved what he got. Poor technique. He wont get suspended, he wont even get cited IMO.

Top Bottom