General Whats the Difference?

bigstu

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
So martin kennedy knocked out josh miller lastnight with a shoulder charge yes he made contact with miller head so why wasn't he placed on report not only that he was applauded oh wait he was running with the ball . but this got me thinking what really is the difference with what he did and what greg inglis did shouldn't the punishment be the same? if you wanna see the hit go to this link

https://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=2461&tab=Video

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Good point. Another one I have thought of is sometimes head clashes are caused because one person goes into a tackle very recklessly it results in a head clash and the player never gets placed on report. So you get in trouble if you hit a player in the head with your arm or shoulder, but when it is a head it is called a clash. Now I am aware that no one ever goes into a tackle trying to use their head and most are total accidents but I have seen the odd sickening one where it was reckless behavior by the tackler, has resulted in a player getting hurt, but the player never cops a suspension.

Reactions: Defence

Warriorholic

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
Palmerston North
From the way he was carrying the ball, it looked like he almost led with the forearm/elbow. Its such a tough call these days protection vs enfliction. I kinda see it the same way as when full backs and wingers catch the ball with thier knees aiming right where the tacklers heads are about to be.