General What region are you from?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Just to clarify, Peter McLeod was the chairman of the ARL and started the Warriors going.

The ARC sold the idea of MSS because it was a way of paying for the white elephant is had become after the 1990 Commonwealth Games. Cameron McGregor was not Chairman at that time, I don't even know if he was on the board. Also Robson came along after MSS had been selected.

The disagreement with EW came after he took over the Warriors and the ARL of which Cameron was then Chairman floated the idea of them going back to a boutique Carlaw Park. MSS mainly had temporary stands and was already getting tatty and the crowd numbers had crashed.
Might want to update your knowledge there Bruce. You are trying to rewrite history...

Reactions: surfin

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Might want to update your knowledge there Bruce. You are trying to rewrite history...
The stoush was between EW and Cameron McGregor. EW got quite pointed and nasty about it, so Cameron must have had a case. All history now, but it was a very good Richmond team, won a Fox around that time when the Fox was really something. I think that side had 4 Kiwis in it, but my memory isn't what it was.:( Also good to see a Manchester league fan posting here.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
The stoush was between EW and Cameron McGregor. EW got quite pointed and nasty about it, so Cameron must have had a case. All history now, but it was a very good Richmond team, won a Fox around that time when the Fox was really something. I think that side had 4 Kiwis in it, but my memory isn't what it was.:( Also good to see a Manchester league fan posting here.

There's a whole thread with you blaming EW for what happened to Carlaw, wasn't true in that one either.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings