Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Ivan cleary and Nathan talk can fark off, give me Webster and SJ any day.

The Broncos style is what we do naturally, the Broncos are doing us a favour here by changing the game from Riff ball to Kiwi ball.
Nathan to replace SJ and Ivan will come be assistant as he looks to wind down his coaching career. If we can sign Nathan's brother Jett we'll have the Clearys as our 6/7. Wishful thinking from me lol. But can you imagine. And maybe we get the kiwi smash bros back home Fish and Moses.

Nathan to replace SJ and Ivan will come be assistant as he looks to wind down his coaching career. If we can sign Nathan's brother Jett we'll have the Clearys as our 6/7. Wishful thinking from me lol. But can you imagine. And maybe we get the kiwi smash bros back home Fish and Moses.

And Vladimir Putin will be the next prime minister of NZ.

Come on you guys snap out of it.

It is the same as say the Tigers forum posting Webster is going to go there and bring AFB and SJ because we got third.

Fuck the Clearys they are not our friends they are people that want to beat our team in this competition.

And Vladimir Putin will be the next prime minister of NZ.

Come on you guys snap out of it.

It is the same as say the Tigers forum posting Webster is going to go there and bring AFB and SJ because we got third.

Fuck the Clearys they are not our friends they are people that want to beat our team in this competition.
I do think though Ivan does care about our club and has on multiple instances said he has a soft spot as did Nathan. Ivan actually endorsed Webby and Cameron consulted Ivan about Webby.

I do think though Ivan does care about our club and has on multiple instances said he has a soft spot as did Nathan. Ivan actually endorsed Webby and Cameron consulted Ivan about Webby.
Yes however in the real world they are at the best club in the world and have more than a soft spot for it,. they are building a legacy at the P:anthers.

They will never leave that,. honestly you are hoping Jordan and Phil Jackson leave the Bulls because4 they had a soft spot for Iowa.

Only a moron would leave a sure thing they are deeply tied to for a whimsicle past memory of a happy losing time somewhere else.

Maybe Ivan to Coach the blues for 3 seasons, win that with Nathan then Nathan comes to Warriors for a new challenge at his ‘spiritual home - a club that’s always meant a lot to me growing up’ 🤞🏾

NRL.com and your own eyes :ROFLMAO:(y)

Broncos totally didn’t bulldoze over our pack in the GF qualifier eh 😂
Yep they absolutely did. Haas and co rolled up the middle far too easily.

But as far as ruck speed goes u realize we had the quicker play the ball speed throughout that match?

I know it doesnt fit the narrative the refs "will never let us win" by letting them slow our play the ball down (and no doubt at times they did........all teams do.......jesus watch Jackson Ford.......he's forever pushing the line lying all over the tackled player......annoys the shit out of me sometimes)....but we had the faster play the ball that game.

Not saying your one of those "refs wont ever let us win" brigade (and make no mistake they have made shocking calls against us) but we'd be better off focussing on and adressing our own shortcomings.......i take heart that Webster is that sort of coach that will.

This, we are so slow in from 1-5
Dont disagree.....out and out speed is like having a 150k pace bowler in your cricket team.....just opens up more options.

However i think its more lack of strike than speed.

With that 1-5 we still ended up the 6th best attacking team in the comp. Very cleverly Webster (along with Stace) designed attacking shapes around our strenghts that compensated our lack of out n out speed by throwing up multiple runners and decoys at defences and opening them up that way.......all coming off the back off SJ who while himself no longer the young speed merchant, still has the skills and vision to create space and find the right runners.

This however is all based on getting to the right part of the field often enough to run them........we showed in that Broncs game when we did we opened them up twice and scored this way. Problem was Brisbane won the middle and we couldnt get their enough. Rogers going to provide a few more strike options next season i feel but another middle who can support Addin would be my target.......someone like Spencer Leniu wouldve been the ticket but not to be.......maybe we have someone coming through.....i dont know.

I'm a sucker for NZ forwards & if they're from Christchurch, even better. An inexperienced Prop probably isn't what we're after & wouldn't send a great message to the youngsters in the pipeline, but I'd love to see Caius Fa'atili relocate to Auckland & try press a claim for a contract. Looks like his performances in Q Cup were inconsistent this season & he got squeezed out of Wynum-Manly's last playoff game, but a 221m performance off the bench against a Storm stacked Sunshine Coast Falcons displayed his enormous potential.
His younger brother is a good prospect too.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for NZ forwards & if they're from Christchurch, even better. An inexperienced Prop probably isn't what we're after & wouldn't send a great message to the youngsters in the pipeline, but I'd love to see Caius Fa'atili relocate to Auckland & try press a claim for a contract. Looks like his performances in Q Cup were inconsistent this season & he got squeezed out of Wynum-Manly's last playoff game, but a 221m performance off the bench against a Storm stacked Sunshine Coast Falcons displayed his enormous potential.
His younger brother is a good prospect too.

Like the look of his brother Felix in the sharks system.

Caius was an absolute beast playing for the Canterbury Bulls as a teenager before he went to Australia. I was hoping at the time that we would pick him up, but it wasn't to be. From following his socials over the last few years, I got the impression that perhaps he wasn't quite buying into the "professional" aspect of footy in Australia, I could definitely be wrong though.

Maybe Ivan to Coach the blues for 3 seasons, win that with Nathan then Nathan comes to Warriors for a new challenge at his ‘spiritual home - a club that’s always meant a lot to me growing up’ 🤞🏾
I can only see that happening if Cleary stops coaching the Panthers. The question is how does that happen? Panthers would have to do poorly in 3 consecutive seasons for him to be considered being fired and then probably not because he gave them 3/4 Grand Final wins. So the only option if for him to leave of his own accord. Then you can sign Nathan. But this is all pretty farfetched.

Nathan has another 4 years on contract, so you can talk to him in 3 years time. However, I think by then he's probably a Panther for life.

I can only see that happening if Cleary stops coaching the Panthers. The question is how does that happen? Panthers would have to do poorly in 3 consecutive seasons for him to be considered being fired and then probably not because he gave them 3/4 Grand Final wins. So the only option if for him to leave of his own accord. Then you can sign Nathan. But this is all pretty farfetched.

Nathan has another 4 years on contract, so you can talk to him in 3 years time. However, I think by then he's probably a Panther for life.
Yes, my post was very much tongue in cheek.
Those two are going nowhere. They will continue to look to create history together and a legacy for the ages and why wouldn’t they.
Penrith have set a high bar but that’s the challenge for every other team to Meet. It makes the comp even better as teams look to create either a new style of play or raise their performances through application.
2024 should be a belter of a season!

The other thing about the Cleary's is that they were both a part of the Penrith overhaul and the pathways system there.

Now it is bearing fruit, no one would leave, they have a production line going, you would want to stay in the best set up and best development club in the NRL if you had your head screwed on right.

Imagine the young guns they have coming through and how invested Ivan is in their path to the NRL.

The Crazy thing about day dreaming over the Cleary's is you're talking about a Universe where Webster has failed.

Not one I want to entertain.

Then again I am happy with exactly where we are right now, and if this is as good as it ever gets and we stay consistent I would take that in heart beat.

Sharks sound like a tough team if you’re signed as was the case with Metcalf when he couldn’t get a release. Sounds like Connor Tracey has asked in past for a release with the eels interested and limited opportunities with the sharks. He missed out on that a while ago apparently and the eels have now signed Morgan Harper, Tracey might have been no better off at eels in the pecking order anyway. Now dragons want him as fullback but can’t get him until 2025. Fair enough holding onto players in case of injuries in the squad but if they get a better opportunity somewhere else, I think it would pay dividends in further recruitment as a club with the type of good will.

The other thing about the Cleary's is that they were both a part of the Penrith overhaul and the pathways system there.

Now it is bearing fruit, no one would leave, they have a production line going, you would want to stay in the best set up and best development club in the NRL if you had your head screwed on right.

Imagine the young guns they have coming through and how invested Ivan is in their path to the NRL.

The Crazy thing about day dreaming over the Cleary's is you're talking about a Universe where Webster has failed.

Not one I want to entertain.

Then again I am happy with exactly where we are right now, and if this is as good as it ever gets and we stay consistent I would take that in heart beat.
We have the coach, we have the systems in place, do we have the once in a generation player on the horizon who can lead this team like Cleary has done? Soooooo much has to fall in to place, and warriors fans still need to be patient.

Almost like the pathway systems we had in place in 2011 when Ivan left. Arguably better though as the Panthers have the biggest junior nursery in the comp.

We have the coach, we have the systems in place, do we have the once in a generation player on the horizon who can lead this team like Cleary has done? Soooooo much has to fall in to place, and warriors fans still need to be patient.
We'll have a shot in 2024. SJ, RTS, Egan, Harris, AFB... It'll be against us, but if the boys play as a team, could be our year 😉

Back