General What does being a warriors fan mean to you

How do you feel about the Warriors right now?

• Total voters
Tragic

Tragic

I feel like I am watching it from afar and dont really have any emotions.
I am going to the Titans game and somehow I am not even worried about the result, just feel numb like it doesn't matter.
I am even going across to Melbourne with my kid for the Anzac Day game, meeting my brother there, I know we will get smashed but it doesnt matter, I will get smashed too.
I cant work out if I am a true fan who just accepts we are shit and so is happy just to be afan or I am in a state where I have lost all interest and just going through the motions before I give up altogether.
Gotta go, they are bringing my medication.

wallacenz

wallacenz

When Kearney said what we have is good enough last year my expectations were that they may scrape into the 8 again. I've always thought the Warriors need some variation in their forwards, they need a big man or 2. The backs are copping a lot of the criticism but the forwards are the ones who struggle with bigger opponents, an if the middle defence isnt solid the edges have no chance.

warriors4eva

to be honest im feeling as fustrated as i usually am with this bloody side

except for the great start of 2018 i sometimes wonder why i follow the warriors, then come tuesday i look forward to the team naming and cant wait for the weekend to watch the game

bring on friday night, come on Warriors !!

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
For me Fusitua and Kata for starters.

Don’t pin this on Fusitua.

He has every right to be frustrated and P’d off. Three games in and he’s not had one scoring opportunity.

And on defense he’s had to stand there and watch Kata clutch his eye while he’s left covering two attackers or watch opposing players blow right pass while Kata again stands there expecting someone to do the hard work.....

It will be more of the same come Friday night.

If I was Fusitua, i would demand Kata switches back to Maumalo’s wing.....times like this you need to pull a tantrum ... Lolohea style if you needed... feed the beast.

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

Seems the right place to let it out. f##$ed off that the club backed down on the original contract Luke was offered. I understand that Shaun Johnson leaving placed us in a very awkward position, but I feel backing down wasn't the right option, hasn't shown the goods again....f$#in cursed it seems.

What a Clusterf$%k the Warriors are. We seem to make 2 giant leaps forward with genuine belief in the season ahead. The reality is, 3 games in that we have regressed at alarming rate...long season of disappointment awaits it would seem.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Sam Burgess played a grand final with a broken cheek bone.

Can you imagine any of our guys doing that?

They wont even play if they think the ref is giving them a hard time.

I'm feeling like, what's the point?

That’s not fair.

Nathan Friend played with a broken jaw for us back in the day.

And Kata played last week with a missing eye....

mrblonde

mrblonde

Remember 2002? Grand Final Appearance 1? We got tonked a couple of time that year - including 0-44 v the Roosters.
Remember 2011? Grand Final Appearance 2? We started that season in a major crappy way, 0-3, got tonked 10-40 in the first of week finals but still, hello Grand Final 2011...

Look, I'm not saying things are perfect, obviously last Saturday's game was GAWDAWFUL (I think coping with emotional moments is not this club's forte, personally. In this instance, obviously the emotion could not be - and should not have been - avoided or averted but maybe some more team group talks are needed in these moments). However, I think AK was always going to be put back into CCNSW this week or next week, has any first season debutant not had to go back down to the lower level to work on doing A more or B less in the less visible and pressured environment? I think and advocate - as I've posted on here before - that any rookie season will be an up-and-down season for both AK and Chanel Harris-Tavita, which will (hopefully) be best for them in the long run.

Purple Kool-Aid is the best one. I've always liked Lime and Orange because of the colours, but the taste of Purple....

Or is it the taste of bitter almonds? :)

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
We seem to make 2 giant leaps forward with genuine belief in the season ahead.

Genuine question but what was the source of this genuine belief? From the player changes? The fact that our team was going to be one year more experienced in the Kearney/Corvo/Smith/Sullivan era? Or was it the talk coming from the club spruiking the positive vibes that the fans lapped up?

However, I think AK was always going to be put back into CCNSW this week or next week, has any first season debutant not had to go back down to the lower level to work on doing A more or B less in the less visible and pressured environment?
People aren't upset that he was moved to CCNSW for the above reason. People are miffed that he was the scapegoat for Kearney with him stating how much work he needs to put in his game. What about the rest of the players? With them "They made mistakes because they were trying too hard". With AK it's different. Why? Was AK the worst Warriors player in the last 2 performances? Fair enough if he was, but it seems that some players have a mortgage on their positions irrespective of how they perform. What is all the BS Kearney talks about that this is "all about performance - that is the industry we are in". I would have more respect for him if he came out and said he made a mistake in using 16 players or stated that some players were not good enough to be in first grade, but it's always the cliches with him. I doubt he took much from that game on what he could improve on or what happened in the game - similar to his astonishing look when queried about Katas lack of passing game when questioned by journos last year. It's as if he is in another dimension. Full credit to him if it all works out in his and our dimension but I reserve my right to judge him on what I've seen. And from where I'm looking he is still the former Parramatta coach judging by what he has learnt and his actions.

Besides we lost that game on defence not because of our halves. We had a shitload of missed tackles and errors. We can go on about his kicks but he wasn't the one shirking his defensive responsibilities. Manly came to play - fyll credit to them. We didn't even show we cared apart from a couple of players. It's as if the players took the field thinking they had already won. I want a professional club to have professional players. Right now we don't have that mentality and God knows if we ever will. It's always one excuse or another. When is anyone going to take ANY responsibility?

Raw Power

Raw Power

25 years and BUSTED! Same old Same old
I want a team and coaching staff that GOES TO F*%"ING WAR FOR US... Week in and Week out.

If Brisbane get a second team... might be time to jump ship... with the likes of Francis Meli, Brent Webb etc being a distant memory...
Until then Yea, I'll be watching this Friday, but will easily flick the switch if it's a Slow Motion Warriors effort again and consider seriously about coming back for more! Had a Gut Full!

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

Genuine question but what was the source of this genuine belief? From the player changes? The fact that our team was going to be one year more experienced in the Kearney/Corvo/Smith/Sullivan era? Or was it the talk coming from the club spruiking the positive vibes that the fans lapped up?
It was more based on my personal belief, last year our conditioning looked excellent! would have thought another pre season would only enhance this? Add in our defence....your right why did I believe???