General What does being a warriors fan mean to you

Reaction score
warriors_ballboy

warriors_ballboy

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Hi All,

What does it mean to you being a fan of the warriors?

I've been asked to participate in a Vodafone & Warriors content shoot & this is one of the questions.

Multiple reasons for everyone,
One of mine is about Comradery, over the years made some great friendships from the supporting the team.

Walking the streets, especially overseas and spotting someone in a jersey, you automatically bond or yell out your support to them.

Also if you have been fortunate to deal with the office side, how open everyone is forna chat, or a passing hello.

Love to hear what it means to you supporting the warriors.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I just love being so invested in something. When they are carving up nothing in the world makes me near as happy as those moments and when they have their the special moments (RTS Daly M) they bring me to tears. Nothing pulls on my emotions as much as the Warriors, Sure the pain of a loss hurts for days but it is worth the journey

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
suffering is part of the equation, mostly in an afl mad city where 99.9 percent ofpeople dont give a damn. i dont get to talk warriors. I have learnt that not everyone in a warriors shirt wants to talk warriors, so generally keep to myself. and then rant on here

Reaction score
Akkerz

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
To me it means having an addiction. One which I know others actually understand. They can't help me with my addiction but I know they are riding the same highs & lows. Being a Warrior fan has high demands and so far not too many rewards. It's knowing there is a team that's trying hard but whoever & whatever thrills or disappoints I'll still be wearing my old bucket hat to mow the lawns & my polo shirt to snooker on Wednesday's. Bring it on !!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
ryno

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Pregame

Excitement - game is only a week away
Anger and Frustration - debating the team list
Hope - game is only a couple days away
Strategy - moving things around so I can watch the game e.g. canceling dinner, not going to in laws
Joy - game day!
Positivity and over confidence - No way we can lose this!

Game in progress
Anxiety, frustration, anger, depression, enthusiasm, happiness, frustration, anger, joy, regret

Post game
Anger (loss) or Extreme happiness (win)

If a loss then vent on the forum, tell everyone you told them so because x player was selected in the team. Post a new team lineup to prove your point. Amnesia will then kick in after 2-3 days and you can then get excited for the next game.

If a win then write one post congratulating the boys, go to NRL.com and refresh the standings, watch the boys team song 6 times and then get excited for the next game.

Reaction score
ryno

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It provides a reason for the mental health file that the Manukau DHB have on me.
What do you have?

BiWarriors I disorder involves periods of severe mood episodes from mania to depression

BiWarriors II disorder is a milder form of mood elevation, involving milder episodes of hypomania that alternate with periods of severe depression.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
What do you have?

BiWarriors I disorder involves periods of severe mood episodes from mania to depression

BiWarriors II disorder is a milder form of mood elevation, involving milder episodes of hypomania that alternate with periods of severe depression.
Sorry, I'd be breaking a court order if I told you ;)

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Warriors 5th Grader
Reaction score
It's a drug that's hard to give up.

Gives you all the emotions - both highs and lows.

Most of my friends support other teams but I love the banter. Can't fathom supporting another team to get that fix. The club certainly tests your loyalty though. No longer a blind "keep the faith" fan as a result. Always willing them to do well, but my expectations are more realistic these days.

Love the fans and community even though we may not agree, we all share the same dream of seeing our team win the comp.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It's about living a Rugby league life for me.

Choosing to go play with the rough kids, measure up with the thugs, ignoring the sheep in the matrix of the mainstream.

I'm often asked "How can you support them, they're losers". My brain says "Support them because they are the underdog, following favourites is for pussies" of course I don't admit that out loud, not unless I'm mucking about with friends and they can laugh it off.

The Warriors are my team, and that's about it really. Nothing more to it. They play the game I love.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sorry, I'd be breaking a court order if I told you ;)
Bet you often eat your meals with a fava beans a nice Chianti. Stop sucking in yer lips, Lector!

I like the sport the Warriors play and I love the Warriors but I'm not above cheering an opposition player if he does something particularly spectacular.

I also find it enjoyable not having commentary in my ear the whole game (especially not hearing some Aussies rabbiting on). Although I've never really learned to take in as much of the off-the-ball stuff/watch and learn (I'm lousy at player identifcation, for instance) as I maybe should and end up looking at the screen a lot.

I also attend because it's occured to me that, while everyone says attending sports is a dying past-time and you're better off watching the game on TV, doing that is less enjoyable if you're watching two top class teams playing an empty/virtually empty stadium ("empty" is a bit of a subjective term, 5,000 at Mt Smart looks less awful than 5,000 at ANZ, but you get my point). In the same way part of my enjoyment of concerts is watching other people dancing/singing etc...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It means the possibility of getting angry, happy, frustrated, mad, pleased, contented all within a space of 80 minutes!

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Warriors 5th Grader
Reaction score
It means the possibility of getting angry, happy, frustrated, mad, pleased, contented all within a space of 80 minutes!
So just like when the missus says "not tonight" and you end up going solo lol

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Bunty A4 2019 Dally M
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a sickening disease, but one I can't live without. Grew up in a league household, old man wasn't a big talker but we found a mutual bond in the Warriors so extremely thankful for that.

Never really been overly passionate about much in my life, but the Warriors have had me hook, line, and sinker since they arrived on the scene. Pretty sure I piss Warrior blood, and it's not at all healthy.

You know you've lost it when you pace the lounge from the first tackle, till the final whistle like it's a grand final every single game of the season. Then the final whistle goes and you stop to realise you had about 13 mild heart attacks during the game, and you need to go lay down for abit to ease the deep pain in your chest.

This is about the closest you'll get me to a social media type thing, a mate put me onto this a few years back and i've loved talking RL shite with you all since.

Long live these frustrating pricks, and hopefully this year is filled with more highs than lows like last year.

Reaction score
janfin

janfin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It’s my team simple as that .Everyone knows that you don’t ph me when s game is on .And to top it off to have a regular spot in the tipping choices it doesn’t get better than that 👍🏻😀🥰

Top Bottom