General What do you reckon

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Ummm let me think umm still thinking. Ok got it. No! Maybe if we change to AFL we could be a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
'Some men see things which are and wonder why, I see things that never were and wonder why not'. Henry David Thoreau. Lovely thought to turn things round like that.

However another Thoreau quote is more appropriate for the Warriors as they are. 'It takes two to speak the truth, one to speak it, and one to listen.'

mtsmart

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2013
I've come up with an amazing formula for predicting where the Warriors will finish next season. Since next year is 2018, the formula is: 2 + 0 + 1 + 8 = 11. The Warriors will finish in 11th place in 2018!!!

The Cheap Seats

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2015
I've come up with an amazing formula for predicting where the Warriors will finish next season. Since next year is 2018, the formula is: 2 + 0 + 1 + 8 = 11. The Warriors will finish in 11th place in 2018!!!
Geez, we need to reinvent the Gregorian Calander.
Bring on year 1 of the Warriors Age.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It doesn't matter who is recruited, unless there is a desire to train and prepare over the whole organisation results will continue to be sketchy

The Storm's success is based on hard work and single mindedness in carrying out their roles. They have a core of players who run the show, and, this is the biggest difference from the Warriors, the rest of the team back them up relentlessly. They know their core will create the opportunities if they keep working hard. I know Cronk, Slater and Smith are legends. When you look at it, RTS, SJ and Luke are not too shabby either. However the rest of the Warriors sit back and let them create then join in. It is arse about face.

The Storm passing is so good and early because they know the support will be there, it gives that split second more time. The good passing is obviously relentlessly practiced in training under pressure of fatigue. They expect, and get excellence.

Young Warriors have to realize getting a contract isn't the target. It is playing a role to improve the team. Getting the contract is the start of the work.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
It doesn't matter who is recruited, unless there is a desire to train and prepare over the whole organisation results will continue to be sketchy

The Storm's success is based on hard work and single mindedness in carrying out their roles. They have a core of players who run the show, and, this is the biggest difference from the Warriors, the rest of the team back them up relentlessly. They know their core will create the opportunities if they keep working hard. I know Cronk, Slater and Smith are legends. When you look at it, RTS, SJ and Luke are not too shabby either. However the rest of the Warriors sit back and let them create then join in. It is arse about face.

The Storm passing is so good and early because they know the support will be there, it gives that split second more time. The good passing is obviously relentlessly practiced in training under pressure of fatigue. They expect, and get excellence.

Young Warriors have to realize getting a contract isn't the target. It is playing a role to improve the team. Getting the contract is the start of the work.
Before he passed away, my father and I had a discussion about the difference between the Warriors and the Storm. Because he served in WW2, he described the Storm as being like Sterlings 1st SAS or the German Fallschirmjäger (parachutists) being elite, highly trained units while the Warriors was the equivalent of the Polish Calvary charging at German tanks - courageous but with no concept of what was required for modern warfare of the time.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Before he passed away, my father and I had a discussion about the difference between the Warriors and the Storm. Because he served in WW2, he described the Storm as being like Sterlings 1st SAS or the German Fallschirmjäger (parachutists) being elite, highly trained units while the Warriors was the equivalent of the Polish Calvary charging at German tanks - courageous but with no concept of what was required for modern warfare of the time.
All guts but no glory.

Reactions: Johnnyray

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Your father was very polite about the Warriors. There are some very gutsy players there, but not enough. Some are just lazy bastards.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings