Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

Because we have broken and old bowlers. One is fine in terms of line and length, think McGrath for Australia but the development of bowlers have been terrible. Boult pretty much only played T20 for over a year, in ODI players can leave now balls of his but actually like the last couple of games, he's getting smoked because he hasn't been bowling for more than 2 overs at a time.

Milne and Ferguson are always broken, so what kind of conditioning are they getting from NZC.

We have never played any spinners except for tall left arm off spinners. Where is the development? Sodhi, 2x Patel and Wiseman never got the game times they deserved and who else knows who is being neglected right now. What upcoming kid wants to develop into a class spin bowler when they get no support, green wickets and no blackcap to look up to.

Then you look at Henry who was always class hardly got game time until Boult decided he didn't want a contract anymore. Jamieson is only just being called up... They choose an old Jimmy Neesham over him.....wtf.

I totally understand that the money in New Zealand isn't there but we should be using the money we have to have good quality development.

We have always performed at tournaments without winning much. Our conversation rate is so poor for the amount of finals we make because we've always relied on 1 or 2 players to get us our of the poop. Williamson, Hairy Javelin etc.

I love Cricket but I wish I could be more happy about New Zealand Cricket.
This ^

I'd have to look it up, but I think we are nearly at double the sixes hit compared to any other world cup. One way traffic in 2023.

What we get for not developing bowlers for 8 years.
This is getting old bro.

Our shit team is in the finals of the World Cup, considered the most likely to trouble India, and the winner of this game is favoured to take the cup.

This version is for batsman, bowlers across the comp are getting savaged. Bowlers have 3-4 pieces of their armory missing. Boult and Ferguson have no pace in the pitch, no bounce, no seam, (Ferguson doesn't swing it anyway). Lambs to slaughter, this isn't ODI cricket as we know it so our bowlers should not be viewed under that lens.

We've lost the toss, India have pulled a shifty with the pitch, we are playing a dominant team in the back yard, half chances haven't gone to hand. This Indian batting line up haven't failed once in 10 games.

The NZ is shit narrative is not indicative of where things are at.

Goodnight all, I need to get to bed. As much as I would like to see how we bat, I need my sleep more. Hoping this doesn't end up being a completely one sided game.

Back